PWO dontaion

theskatsourani

hello everyone.
i was trying to donate some money (as usuall) the other days via paypal.
Then i realized that my credit card wasnt valid anymore.
I called the banks customer service number and they informed me that due to capital controls in my country(Greece) my bank cant accept paypal as ''donation'' anymore.
i was wondering if the PWO staff could change the donation status from donation to some other kind of services so i am still able to donate as before.

Bottom line.
All i want is to change the message that appears as request to the bank when im trying to donate cause apparently DONATION isnt allowed in Greece any more LOL

Rigaudon

Youngster
If people give me a list of donation methods to look into, I'll see if they will work. I'm assuming the direct credit card options didn't work either.

Edit2: Fonty did some research.
Dear Blizzard, As you might know, the banks in Greece are operating with capital control restrictions since the 29th of June. As a result, we are unable to use our credit / debit cards, Paypal, or any other kind of money transfer to an account outside of Greece. This means that we are unable to pay our subscription fees or do any other purchase from your online shop. Can you please find a way to help us continue playing our beloved game? My suggestions are: 1) Open a checking account in a Greek bank. This is the easiest way for us to be able to make payments. 2) Extend our subscriptions until the capital controls are over and charge us the amount. 3) Increase the amounts of physical game time cards that you send to local retailers. They cannot be found in any local shop anymore. We thank you in advance for your understanding and support. Much love from Greece :) (88kB)

Awful situation. I'm not sure what we could do for you guys. We can't exactly open a checking account in Greece.

theskatsourani

Rigaudon said:
If people give me a list of donation methods to look into, I'll see if they will work. I'm assuming the direct credit card options didn't work either.

Edit2: Fonty did some research.
Dear Blizzard, As you might know, the banks in Greece are operating with capital control restrictions since the 29th of June. As a result, we are unable to use our credit / debit cards, Paypal, or any other kind of money transfer to an account outside of Greece. This means that we are unable to pay our subscription fees or do any other purchase from your online shop. Can you please find a way to help us continue playing our beloved game? My suggestions are: 1) Open a checking account in a Greek bank. This is the easiest way for us to be able to make payments. 2) Extend our subscriptions until the capital controls are over and charge us the amount. 3) Increase the amounts of physical game time cards that you send to local retailers. They cannot be found in any local shop anymore. We thank you in advance for your understanding and support. Much love from Greece :) (88kB)

Awful situation. I'm not sure what we could do for you guys. We can't exactly open a checking account in Greece.

I forgot to mention that about a month before the donation via paypal was allowed in Greece. 
The lady from the bank told me that its impossible for any greek paypal account(either using credit or debit card) to make a donation cause the bank forbids these type of transactions.
is it possible for PWO to be listed as some kind of services instead of donation?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Going based from the quote Rigs provided above relating to Blizzard - listing it as a service will not help.

You're basically in the hands of your government and the banks at the moment.

theskatsourani

Bluerise said:
Going based from the quote Rigs provided above relating to Blizzard - listing it as a service will not help.

You're basically in the hands of your government and the banks at the moment.

so is there any other way for me to donate at the moment?
I cant change the goverment and bank status at the moment but i suppose i we could find a different way to donate. for exaple pay safe cars etc

Rigaudon

Youngster
Your money literally cannot leave your country due to your government's regulations right now. It does not matter what platform you are using to try to donate. Donations end up in a USA account regardless, which your government is forbidding. In order for a donation to be accepted, the money would have to arrive to a bank account in Greece. Staff can't open a bank account in Greece so that your money ends up in a Greece bank account. Therefore, as far as we know, nothing can be done.

ImSparrow

can you choose not to use pay pal and only use a credit debit card to make donations cuz i dont have a pay pal account but i have a credit debit card so is there a way to do it instead of doing a pay pal