PVP Draw, how does the game determine the winner?

Dragon16

Youngster
so many times i have battled and like 3 times i have had battles end in a draw, what i want to know is what determines who gets the win?
is it awarded to the player whose Pokemon fainted last?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Currently, due to how battle results are logged, whoever's final Pokemon faints first will lose—as soon as the entirety of one's team faints, then the result-logging system will officially declare them as the loser of the match; even if the opponent fainted concurrently in the same round in a tandem, but on a later turn.

To summarize, yes, the player whose Pokemon fainted last will be declared as the winner.

Zywa-Torpeda

It happened to me few times too. As Creo said, win goes to the trainer who's pokemon fainted due to side effect like burnt.

Dragon16

Youngster
Creobis said:
Currently, due to how battle results are logged, whoever's final Pokemon faints first will lose—as soon as the entirety of one's team faints, then the result-logging system will officially declare them as the loser of the match; even if the opponent fainted concurrently in the same round in a tandem, but on a later turn.

To summarize, yes, the player whose Pokemon fainted last will be declared as the winner.
well then if tis picture is correct then i should have won, but i still lost...
NzgdVqJ.png

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Technically, Metagross struck the battle-ending attack on Jolteon before its ailing burn status fainted it—it is the same hit that caused enough of a damage toll for Jolteon to faint, as made evident later, and it technically preceded its self-inflicted burn, thus Jolteon's HP ran out first.

I would theorize that Jolteon losing the rest of its HP was the activating event for the battle end, automatically declaring your opponent as the winner; even if the sidelog didn't announce Jolteon fainting first, it's most likely how the battle system logged the results.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Assuming i'm reading right - the winner would actually be the person who requested the pvp battle.

Dragon16

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Assuming i'm reading right - the winner would actually be the person who requested the pvp battle.
so then the winner of PvP battles that end with a draw is awarded to the person who requested the battle?

DarkCyrus

I have had a few draws myself and i have noticed both players gets a loss and a win at the same time, no matter what