Problem with PWO Launcher

Noahck

When I start up the launcher, I can't click anything as in the launcher won't recognize any clicks at all. So basicly I can't type my username or anything

Naero

It may take the login screen a little while to load up, before you can insert your cursor in any of the text fields. the process should take no longer than a minute typically, however; then you should be able to input your login details, and click.

To make a contemporarily relevant note/forewarning, the server is currently offline, as indicated here, thus one will have to restart the server before you are able to log in to actually play the game.

Noahck

I am still not able to type anything, also, when I start it, I get a warning saying "Warning your DPI setting is not set to default(96). You may continue to play this game but things may not appear normal and could be difficult to use."

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Sannosuke

Also, for anyone else interested in this... I would like to know how to ONLY set the DPI to 96 for the PWO client and not for my whole system. Any knowledge on that?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The DPI Settings are a system-wide change, as they actually tell Windows to resize the amount of screen space a single pixel uses. The reason why high DPI settings screw up PWO currently, is it can't adapt to elements using up more space than what the interface was designed for - this is actually a problem that affects a lot of DirectX-enabled games. It's not possible to simply tell PWO to ignore the current DPI setting; but we hope in future client releases, we can support other set-ups properly; as we understand that some people have genuine need for higher DPI settings and we want to provide as little inconvenience for our players as possible.