Problem with Dragons Den Quest! Help please

Paperwings

Hi! the thing is that I got dratini skin and dragon scale before being on that part of the quest. So when I talked to Edward he took my dratini skin but not my dragon scale (which I have 2 of them) and he keeps saying me "There are lot of things to be discovered" or something like that. I tried going to Cherrygroove city but the Retired Guide doesnt say anything so I can't continue the quest!
Please someone help me if I have to get a dratini skin again I will kill myself

TheWyatt2012

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=15515

There's already a topic about this, on the front page even.

Paperwings

You have to be kidding me, why the **** does that happen? Someone should fix that or tell you that before starting the quest man. I spent a full week looking for that.

Paperwings

This can't be man! Somebody has to do something about it, I demand that a GM give me a Dratini Skin or fix me this part of the quest. I'm donating and spending money on this game, I think the most reasonable thing to do would be that a GM fix this. Maybe It was somewhere and I didn't read it, but it's not my fault, it's yours. It isn't even on the quest guide on wiki, at least put it there for christ sake so there won't be anymore cases like mine.
I spent a whole week (6 to 10 hours a day playing) to find it, but I heard some people have been looking it for a month! It's fcking sick man!!!
And now I have to do it all again? No thanks, I preffer to quit PWO

TheWyatt2012

No GM is going to give you a Dratini Skin. You're going to have to re-hunt it.

And just because you donate doesn't mean you get special privileges.

mad30

Youngster
Paperwings said:
This can't be man! Somebody has to do something about it, I demand that a GM give me a Dratini Skin or fix me this part of the quest. I'm donating and spending money on this game, I think the most reasonable thing to do would be that a GM fix this. Maybe It was somewhere and I didn't read it, but it's not my fault, it's yours. It isn't even on the quest guide on wiki, at least put it there for christ sake so there won't be anymore cases like mine.
I spent a whole week (6 to 10 hours a day playing) to find it, but I heard some people have been looking it for a month! It's fcking sick man!!!
And now I have to do it all again? No thanks, I preffer to quit PWO
Why would you do a part of a quest before being assigned to do it? Sure you weren't told you would lose your dratini skin before you started that part, but you also weren't told to find it either...

We understand there's parts of this quest players aren't happy with, so feel free to voice contructive critisim and suggestions and we will try to improve it as much as possible within reason that's logical.

Kaiko

Youngster
To note, you need a Horsea Scale, not a dragon scale.

Horsea scale can only be obtained in Whirl Islands, by defeating Horsea. They are the item required for dragons den, before you have to find the dratini skin.

Dragon Scale are needed for Cerulean Cave quest, not dragons den quest. And they can be found defeating Horsea/Seadras anywhere besides Whirl Islands.

TheWyatt2012

Kaiko said:

Horsea scale can only be obtained in Whirl Islands, by defeating Horsea. They are the item required for dragons den, before you have to find the dratini skin.

Dragon Scale are needed for Cerulean Cave quest, not dragons den quest. And they can be found defeating Horsea/Seadras anywhere besides Whirl Islands.

I'm on the Dratini Skin part right now, haven't had to give a Horsea Scale to anyone.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You have to go back to Edward after you get the Horsea Scale Wyatt. Before you hunt for the skin or he'll take the skin off you and ask you for another one. He takes both items at the same time.

I see a lot of swearing and complaining in this post, for one week of hunting. You made the mistake of not following the order of the quest, so it is your fault. Live with it or be more constructive as has been said already. The reason the quest works like this is to stop a glitch that was taking up a lot of the staff's time. The game is beta, the coding restricted and taking the skins from you if you do the quest out of order was the best way of doing it. It isn't a punishment, it was just the only way to keep that part of the quest working without constant manual intervention from staff who don't have the time.

So while it's really sad that you missed out on getting passed this part of the quest today, it would be a lot easier to sympathise with you if you didn't rage about it the way you are. You can yell and swear at your playstation or Wii, they are inanimate objects. There are real people here working for nothing- for you- and doing their best to make this game the best it can be, and they don't deserve the same rage you'd throw unthinkingly at a machine.

Just my two cents.

Kaiko

Youngster
TheWyatt2012 said:
Kaiko said:

I'm on the Dratini Skin part right now, haven't had to give a Horsea Scale to anyone.

Yes, I know. lol. I'm saying you need it for the quest. >_> I didn't say you have to give it before you can go ind the dratini skin. I said you are sent to look for it, as the first item. I'm on the dratini part myself, and he asked for a horsea scale, before a dratini skin.

Paperwings

Ok just ignore my rage and take it as a constructive critic to improve it, at least put it on wiki on this quest's guide so nobody would do this again.
Anyway I think I can't continue the quest cause Edward doesn't ask me for anything, he just says "there are many discoveries out there, waiting to be found" What should I get now? I'm afraid I'm gonna lost dratini skin again so I don't know if I have to look for it or what

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
That's what Edward says when he's waiting for the skin. As long as you did the horsea scale part of the quest in the right order you need the dratini skin to continue and there's no reason why it wouldn't work this time around.

Order of Events: Talk to scientist in Saffron City> Talk to Edward first time on Cinnabar Island> Get Horsea Scale> Talk to Edward second time> Get Dratini Skin> Talk to Edward third and final time to be sent on to the next task.

So if you got the horsea scale and went straight to the Water Lab to get the skin before talking to Edward the second time, he has to take the dratini skin off you because you are not up to that point yet, however after he takes the skin from you you are up to that point since you have shown him the horsea scale.

Not confusing at all. :)

Paperwings

The thing is I didn't give him the Horsea Scale, what should I do? Get the scale or the skin, or both?

hellraiser

i got a problem on dragon den quest . i gave the 5 super potion's to the daycare man, i waited 2 times 2 hours in the game but nothing happed, i read on wiki that he should send me after some antidote, but this part of the quest failed to appear.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Paperwings if you had the horsea scale when you spoke to Edward and it was in the sequence of events I wrote out you now need to get the dratini skin again. As I think I said, Edward doesn't take the horsea scale until you go to him the final time.

If you haven't got your horsea scale yet, go and get that first.

If I'm right hellraiser this is part of a bigger problem and is being looked at. Check this post here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=15637

And maybe post your problem there since a GE is already looking at that one and edit out this post here so the two posts aren't confused.