Priorities?

Buggot

-This isn't about the Pokemon Priority Moves-

Not being hasty or anything, but what are the priorities or prime issues/updates to be done?
I'm looking for answers to if they're being worked on, or considered, or tossed out :p
Also, if there is some date or how much time left there is until it is released, glad if I can get a hint :)
Mostly these:

-Pokemon Natures
-The Mart (Loved it when I first joined, made it different and unique ;))
-Playerdex
-A better battling so we can switch without being called noob ._. :p, and also broken moves
-Held Items
-Fly Move (HM)
-Multi-Line Evos
-Breeding (Maybe far future? xD)

You guys don't have to answer all of them, or even one, just reply to say "We're working on it" :p
Or, you can just do like Lumi does and say: "It's almost here... or is it?!" (Seriously, don't say this, it's even worse then getting no reply)

Thanks for reading, hope I can get some type of legible answer :)
Thanks again for the hard work.

Shiningamisgirl

Pssst...there are lists -shifty eyes- We're just not allowed to see em. As it'd ruin everything. Trust me though, they totally have priority lists.

Saric

Youngster
I'm not staff, but just my take.
1). As far as I know this isn't/won't be possible until Hardcoreh's client is finished.
2). Lee is working hard on getting this done, but he's extremely busy as you all know.
3). Switching is fixed. It's all up to the players to accept switching or not.
4). Most likely the same as #1. That and major server overhauls I'm sure.
5). In my opinion, absolutely not. If it would be implemented, extremely expensive end game item. Being able to just fast travel everywhere kind of ruins things in an mmo environment.
6). I'm not 100% certain on what's holding this back but I'm sure it's on their list of things to do.
7). Very very far future. If it's ever implemented, it needs to be very heavily restricted to avoid completely killing off the economy.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Hi,

While I can't give any determinate time frame for any of these features to be at an implementable state, I can give a general rundown on their progress standpoint; inlcuding our viewpoints on which avenues we want to look at for some features—not all plans for each of the handheld-game features have been solidified, and we want to look towards some more creative avenues as well.

If I've omitted an answer to one of these features, it's because the progress/stance towards them is either not at a revealable state, indistinctly decided upon or it hasn't been discussed excplicably yet.

-The Mart (Loved it when I first joined, made it different and unique ;))

Bluerise is continuing to work on this on a when-and-if-available basis. It has not been finalized yet, but it isn't the only feature that is being developed in Lee's upcoming batch of playerdex updates; it will coalesce with a multitude of other features in the same update, thus Bluerise also works on this discontinuously as he juggles up other features in the update.

-Playerdex

This still has an indeterminate time frame—preliminary testing will begin once it has been finalized and polished further—but I assure you it's still being worked on; for what progress and update notices are at a revealable state, Bluerise will often note it on his twitter.

-A better battling so we can switch without being called noob ._. :p, and also broken moves

I'm curious to hear from battlers which improvement(s) or feature(s) they want to see on the battle system, before switching is fully embraced among the battling subcommunity.

-Held Items

This will require a new client, so there is at least a slot on the UI to (de-)equip held items—the client also does not have the capacity to identify new in-battle items.

Moreover, we are interested in looking towards a more creative approach to held items here as well; it's one feature we believe is worthwhile to re-examine and reconceptualize here, compared to how it was carried out in a single-player setting.

-Breeding (Maybe far future? xD)

This most likely will be very backseat, compared to the rest of the features. We are interested to look into discussing a way in which the desirable features of breeding can be added without being overlapped by the cancerous effects it would have on the economy (which players are just as concerned of as, if not more than, what they would like to see breeding bring to the table). Semi-recent, but still the latest in-depth discussion on it: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=23023

Furthermore, I would like to note that — for any new developmental changes — it's not always governed by a priority queue as it is a concern of: what manpower we have available to develop this (different staff groups, including the developmental department, focus on different scopes of development), and whether we've solidified a sensible idea for it in an MMO setting yet. :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
It's all almost here.. or is it?

I've never seen Lumi say that actually. But I have seen many times say that staff like to keep what we are working on right now a surprise. If we told you everything we wouldn't have needed to make a PWO Speculations forum.

Not sure if it was answered above, so I will just say that Fly doesn't really belong in PWO as we are taking another direction to solve transportation issues with our extensive transportation system.

Buggot

-Good to know the Mart is being worked on.
-The things that need a new client I see, I wasn't getting my hopes up for anything :p
-Also good that the Playerdex is being worked on, and told that it is, hate being ignorant about updates
-I should stop reading outdates Wiki and ask more on forums xD
Thanks for replying, though, it helps me a lot :)

Buggot

True, if there could be spikes or something. Do spikes work at this time?

Saric

Youngster
Buggot said:
True, if there could be spikes or something. Do spikes work at this time?
No entry hazards work and likely won't for a long while.