Power Point

Dragon16

Youngster
I think that power points should be one of the thing that should be incorporated into PWO, some moves should have a cap of how many times it can be used. To prevent This from happening:
dqc.png

It continued on for a while.

KstersSlade

They will eventually implement it, I am sure its on their list of things to add among a bunch of other stuff. I think its been discussed somewhere on here.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Dragon Dance has 20 PP in the handhelds so I'm not sure what your point is here? All it means is that your growl vs dragon dance tactic has limited effectiveness, and would do so in a PP battle also unless you were prepared to keep doing that for 20 turns.

Power Points have always been on the board and could easily be implemented if I'm right. However you'd have to put forward a better argument for including them now, including all the pro's and con's- not just a growl vs dragon dance argument. :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
PP shouldn't be necessary, the cap of 6 changes used should take care of this problem. Regardless of growl bringing it down a stage, each status decrease or increase should be limited to 6 increases and 6 decreases individually regardless of it being counteracted by an opposing move. This would prevent moves like growl and Dragon dance from being spammed 20 - 40 times until the PP runs out as that ruins the joy in battling entirely and aggravates both parties unless one is trolling.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
PP shouldn't be necessary, the cap of 6 changes used should take care of this problem. Regardless of growl bringing it down a stage, each status decrease or increase should be limited to 6 increases and 6 decreases individually regardless of it being counteracted by an opposing move. This would prevent moves like growl and Dragon dance from being spammed 20 - 40 times until the PP runs out as that ruins the joy in battling entirely and aggravates both parties unless one is trolling.

Expanding onto this, one's Pokemon likely will have fainted, before they could have used the move effectively on new Pokemon enough for it to reach the capacity.

The PP for these moves in the handheld games were most commonly exhausted when training on wild Pokemon, and renewing the PP in the Pokemon Center. Whether PP will apply strictly to pvp or to wild Pokemon training is a point of discussion, however, as many may agree that it could be an impediment to wild Pokemon training.

Nikola

Youngster
Seems limit has been added. For example Dragon Dance, Agility, Automize and curse are working just fine. Ignoring the fact that Pokemon can use the same status move on a same Pokemon 3 times (2 stages move) and 6 times for a single stage move. Not sure about newer Pokemon games but that is the case in original ones. I am not quite sure how come that there is a limit of 9/11 rounds when using Growl and Scary face? Growl will decrease opponents attack by 1 one stage while Scary face will decrease opponents speed by 2 stages and yet used on a same opposing Pokemon. So chances are that I am going to sacrifice 3 Pokemon just to lower your Atk much as I can and will boost my 4th Pokemon and put you in a corner. That's how Pokemon developers solved the issue. They just added a limit of how much one Pokemon can take and everyone happy since they started to be aware that Pokemon isn't Yugi-Oh where you can sacrifice several monsters for a benefit of a single hybrid individual. Only the fact that other monsters can be also used in battles has given enough reputation to Pokemon comparing it with another low budget same style games.
Will test several other moves I think they might be still broken. Was trying to test Meteor Mash but I had no chance to do so since "boost" is given by random including the fact that there is probably limit made for named attack. I have included several images below.

-To note: Each status move can be nullified by countering it with a move that has opposite effect such as Jolteon and Steelix scenario using Curse and Growl. This is more issue on a players side since they will embrace primitive side and spam those moves hundred of times rather then calculate 2+2. Thanks for the update btw :p

-Automize:
MyOVDhA.png
-Curse:
thX8As1.png
-Agility:
LtnaVyS.png
-Dragon Dance
6TPnFc8.png

Edit:
-Added video to confirm the fact why there should be a limit of how much one Pokemon can take of status ailment moves.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCrXCLKndPI[/youtube]

Peace-Enforcer

I do agree that limiting them like Darcia posted solves all of the problems with buffs and in my opinion PP will ruin the game if implemented now, unless there is an implementation that will solve exp gain some other way with PP. In my opinion leveling is just as hard as it needs to b for an MMO like this, it can benifit from some tweeks which i see are being tested by staff atm. And battling is fine with buffs as long as they cant b abused to cause a stallmate.
Keep up the good work!