Potentaily 3 clients from 1 ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
So I have a friend who comes over to use my net sometimes and she decided to make a pwo account, also my brother is moving in with me on the 1st and he will probably want to play too. At anytime, there can be 3 clients going from my ip. By the way sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums, a staff member told me that he thinks i should post here...

G

HitmonFonty said:
The rules on this are pretty clear. You and your wife can play at the same time, you can trade money and pokemon to and from your accounts as you wish since you are different people. I have children on the same IP and now that I have two computers again I also intend to transfer money and pokemon when I can be bothered meeting up with them at Trade City.

You are also allowed to use multiple accounts as long as you don't use any for the purpose of breaking any of the game rules. Again, I have five accounts for myself. I have used three to go through all the gyms and most of the ingame quests. I intend to start another one soon to start in Johto for the first time on PWO. As has been stated we cannot trade between our own accounts or have them online at the same time for any reason.

The rules can be found here:

http://www.pokemon-world-online.net/rules.php

Everything I've said is covered there. I am not game staff but you can see the rules for yourself while waiting for an official reply here.
Found this from forum search. It would appear that only 1 client should be active per IP, but I could be wrong.

king1234

Youngster
Accursed yes u can have multiple clients, BUT !!
- They cant be registered with the same email,
- They cant have the same password,
- They cant have the similar username,

Syko

Both me and my brother have been playing on the same IP, and when our girlfriends are over they play too, so sometimes we have 4 going at once. So far we have had no problems... I've always wondered about this but i dont see why it should be a problem

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
To everyone who is posting here, I am VERY clear on the rules. we ARE aloud to each play our games on the same IP, we must each be from another computer. People HAVE been banned for having more than one person on an IP at a time because they didn't let the staff know. I approached a few staff outside of PWO and a few have known about this for a while, but I was still told that I had to make it official ie. post a thread. Please don't post here and give your opinion, I am not looking for one, I am just making sure that the staff know that I am not double or triple clienting, as I do enjoy this game and don't want to get banned over having friends play at my house.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
And king, there is nothing against a similar username. You may get a community watch thread posted on you (sorry Knucks, I had to) but there is nothing wrong with having a user name close to another's.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
By the way, as this is just a formal letter to let the staff know about people who will be accessing the game through my ip, why don't we lock the thread. I don't need opinions on weather or not I'm breaking rules, if anyone needs to post here it will be staff, who can post on a locked thread anyways. Thanks.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Requested to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.