Poll: MS fishing change.

Is the Fishing boost in the MS package a good idea/replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters

Isguros

Youngster
Recently the staff has changed the membership package a bit;
As a result of a previous survey they now added a package, headlined by a fishing skill experience boost, to soften the blow of the decreasing shiny chance.

6BxksG5.png

Some people obviously thought this was a good idea.
Others think it's unnecessary.

let your vote be heard, so that it will be easier for those who decide to get the full picture.

DMleev

More finshing xp will not save my time from looking for shinies.
Completely unnecessary when they could add a better rod than this ridiculous one.
With a great luck i've never fished a Lapras, it could break the line and get away.

Magikarp broke the line and got away.
Magikarp broke the line and got away.
Krabby broke the line and got away.
Staryu broke the line and got away.
Psyduck broke the line and got away.

A fishing Lvl 55 isn't enough to fish these pokemon. Local: Seafoam Islands b4f, try it people.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Breaking the line has nothing to do with fishing skill that I know of. I believe it is triggered most often when you try to move after hooking the pokemon but before the battle commences. This happens most often while surfing and fishing at the same time. I remember hunting whiscash in johto safari aqua zone and giving up doing both at the same time in case my line broke on a rare pokemon. It didn't happen again after that, nor has it happened during other fishing expeditions such as dratini skin hunts etc.

If this isn't what's happening to you let me know and I'll go have a test of that map myself.

DMleev

Unfortunatelly I cannot play PWO anymore. But it doesn't happen only at Seafoam Islands, I quoted this place cuz there is more common to happen. I always fish while i'm surfing and sometimes without surf. Is common to appear a pokemon breaking the line and this message too: "There was even a nible". That's the most common message i see at Seafoam Islands b3f.
Anyway, stills a ridiculous rod.

roHy

people with no MS are gonna outnumber people with MS here as they did in the shiny encounter poll...

Tha-Kram

you too HF?

nieuwe44.jpg

ONTOPIC:
the staff is going to reorganize water pokemon and fishing, so you will probably have to train it later on
in that case it will get a purpose in the game, maybe you should take that into consideration
and on the breaking line issue: no moving = no breaking line, ever
moving + fishing = breaking line 75% of the time, how exactly idk
the theory of HF sounds plausible to me, since I usually wait a few secs with fishing after I moved and sometimes I still manage to break the line