Pokemon Teams?

Markdkh

I like my pokemon team to have a variety of types of pokemon. So i wanted to know what Types would make up a really good team. I also wanted to see if anyone thinks the pokemon i have in my team are even worth training. My current team is gyrados, primeape, golem, magneton, and fearow.

Potdog

If it was me i would get rid of magneton and ferow but that's just me :p

WiinolikePS3

Markdkh said:
I like my pokemon team to have a variety of types of pokemon. So i wanted to know what Types would make up a really good team. I also wanted to see if anyone thinks the pokemon i have in my team are even worth training. My current team is gyrados, primeape, golem, magneton, and fearow.

I have mixed feelings about Gyarados. He can be outrun and one-shotted by just about any electric type, though he can be powerful and do a number on a decent amount of Pokemon. I feel like there are better water types like Lapras, Swampert or Feraligatr (among others), but it probably couldn't hurt to stick with him for now.

Primeape isn't that great, ditch him for a Machamp or Blaziken. He's really not worth it.

Golem is generally outclassed by Rhydon, so I'd switch him out for Rhydon.

Raichu, Electabuzz, Jolteon and Ampharos are all better electric types than Magneton, so try to get your hands on one of those.

Fearow is just bad all around, and there really aren't any worthwhile direct replacements. Try to get your hands on an Alakazam, Gengar, Exeggutor, any UCs, Tauros, or... well, anything more worthwhile. You could also use a Fire Type, and Charizard or Arcanine fit that role well. Ninetales is also a viable option if you don't mind using Fire Blast.

Dovee

Youngster
Overall water seems to be the strongest type in most high level battles ive been part of. Teams can have 2 or even three water types sometimes. Lots of people seemed to have added jolteons because of that but swampert still does find against that.

HeavyPetter

WiinolikePS3 said:
Golem is generally outclassed by Rhydon

Why is that?

In Golem vs. Rhydon: Golem has 5 more speed so it would usually go first (assuming same or comparable IV:s), and they would both use Earthquake which is super effective against the other. The only case in which Rhydon would win is if it survives the first hit from Golem and then one shots it, which I find unlikely given that Rhydon does not have a very much stronger att/def/hp-set.

In other match-ups: Both use Earthquake or Rock blast againt almost any opponent. If neither of those can be used Golem uses Double edge while Rhydon uses Megahorn, and I have to say that I prefer Double edge in that case because of its accuracy. Furthermore Golem has a ~50% higher special defense which I think is quite important when it comes to surviving a hit from a special attack without type modifier.

To summarize my analysis: Golem wins

Nylez

I got me an Electrode, Wartortle ( gonna be a Blastoise soon), Vileplume, Growlithe ( gonna be an Arcanine soon ), Dugtrio and Fearow.

Any changes needed?

G

Nylez said:
I got me an Electrode, Wartortle ( gonna be a Blastoise soon), Vileplume, Growlithe ( gonna be an Arcanine soon ), Dugtrio and Fearow.

Any changes needed?

Fearow isn't that good, actually not many flying pokemon are good. I would instead aim at some dual-type, like Charizard or Gyarados.
Thats how you mix it up and make the opponent think more, because now they are fighting two types at the same time.

Saric

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
WiinolikePS3 said:
Golem is generally outclassed by Rhydon

Why is that?

In Golem vs. Rhydon: Golem has 5 more speed so it would usually go first (assuming same or comparable IV:s), and they would both use Earthquake which is super effective against the other. The only case in which Rhydon would win is if it survives the first hit from Golem and then one shots it, which I find unlikely given that Rhydon does not have a very much stronger att/def/hp-set.

In other match-ups: Both use Earthquake or Rock blast againt almost any opponent. If neither of those can be used Golem uses Double edge while Rhydon uses Megahorn, and I have to say that I prefer Double edge in that case because of its accuracy. Furthermore Golem has a ~50% higher special defense which I think is quite important when it comes to surviving a hit from a special attack without type modifier.

To summarize my analysis: Golem wins
Golem can't take out a slak.
Rhydon has 25 base higher hp and 20 base higher attack, which both can go a long way considering hp is at a max of 49 difference between the two (with rhydon being higher). And trust me, 49 hp can go a long way. Attack is also a 40 stat difference between the two, with again rhydon being the higher. Golem can only 2 shot rhydon. And rhydon can 1 shot a golem with at least 18 or lower ivs in hp. Secondly, golem/Rhydon isn't sent out on a sp.atk'er too much unless it starts on it.
All in all, golem does not win over a rhydon on what they are used for: Killing Slaking's or Tauros's.
And against fire types, it wouldnt really matter because either of them win either way.
Sources on damage http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php
also note that in calculating damages and whatnot were done with both attack and defenses at max between the two for the sake of simplicity and fairness

G

I would also like someone to rate my team :p

Shiny Steelix
Dusclops
Shiny Machamp
Houndoom
Snorlax
Jynx

Saric

Youngster
thewakka said:
You are right, however Jynx has Blizzard :)
Jynx also has mediocre defense and not as much hp as lappy has. Also lappy has ice beam, which honestly much better than blizz because it has high power paired with high accuracy.

arnelmalajr411

i would also like someone to rate my team :)

Dragonite
Snorlax
(S) gyarados
Charizard
(S) nidoK
Lapras

R2KR32

(S) genger
slamence
dragonite
charazard
walrein
electabuzz

G

arnelmalajr411 said:
i would also like someone to rate my team :)

Dragonite
Snorlax
(S) gyarados
Charizard
(S) nidoK
Lapras

I don't really see how Gyarados fits in there since you already have the dragon-type from Dragonite and water-type from Lapras.
So maybe you could switch Gyarados for some Dark/Psychic/Ghost/Grass/Rock/Ground/Fighting-type of your choice. You also get tons of money for selling a s Gyara

G

Is Raichu a good electric type?

I've always been curious about which to use.

Saric

Youngster
Turtlicious said:

If you're going for pvp, raichu is useless without max speed. For all else, shiny amphy can usually cut it, or if you're willing to shell out some cash, try for an uber jolt.

G

Saric said:
Turtlicious said:

If you're going for pvp, raichu is useless without max speed. For all else, shiny amphy can usually cut it, or if you're willing to shell out some cash, try for an uber jolt.

Lanturn seems to be popular these days too. But why does no one play Electrode or Magneton?