Pokemon switching in battle fixed?

ShiroyoOchigano

So I realize there is a bug where the players freezes if he/she switches pokemons inbetween battles. I just wanted to know if it has been fixed?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The glitch usually happens when you switch before the other pokemon is fully out and ready for you. It can glitch if you use any command before the other pokemon is fully out, so patience is the key. I'm not sure if it's the same deal for PvP battles, but I assume rushing commands or moves in that case would also cause glitching.

I have yet to be glitched switching pokemon in an NPC battle when I waited for the other pokemon to be fully ready.

Merse

Youngster
In NPC battles the glitch is still present. In PvP however, I have no idea as I don't switch in PvP :)

CoolKnightST

It also happens in PvP. The problem most start to happen when you switch to fast when there is already is an action loading (move, faint or status). It seem the system can't handle them both an directly faults. The second problem is the server coding itself to grab and send data. I nowtest when you set your game on your firewall exeptions these problems prevent or decrease from happening. I can't confirm it but if you have serious problem with it I suggest you give it an try.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
CoolKnightST said:
It also happens in PvP. The problem most start to happen when you switch to fast when there is already is an action loading (move, faint or status). It seem the system can't handle them both an directly faults. The second problem is the server coding itself to grab and send data. I nowtest when you set your game on your firewall exeptions these problems prevent or decrease from happening. I can't confirm it but if you have serious problem with it I suggest you give it an try.

I'm not sure what you mean. If the game isn't an exception in your firewall it shouldn't run at all- meaning the server shows as offline because your firewall blocks it.

CoolKnightST

HitmonFonty said:
CoolKnightST said:

I'm not sure what you mean. If the game isn't an exception in your firewall it shouldn't run at all- meaning the server shows as offline because your firewall blocks it.
Not really, it depense on what security the firewall is managed or what advanced setting there set in. Some programs can manage your firewall so he only block highly risk data and so can slowdown other data. The best example to explane it is an big wall with only an small hole where the data can pass through. Without an firewall for example the data can go through faster.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
CoolKnightST said:
HitmonFonty said:
CoolKnightST said:

Not really, it depense on what security the firewall is managed or what advanced setting there set in. Some programs can manage your firewall so he only block highly risk data and so can slowdown other data. The best example to explane it is an big wall with only an small hole where the data can pass through. Without an firewall for example the data can go through faster.

So you're saying that a firewall set on low could allow the game to run but not, for example, the maps to load?

Merse

Youngster
It is possible. Most of the firewalls check the constancy and the volume of the connection and incoming/outgoing communication. And because maps need more data to load the first time than the client, it is possible that the client still passes the test but the connection to the map server doesn't.

ShiroyoOchigano

So yea, I am not sure but it seems the bug or glitch has been fixed (not sure yet). I switched my pokemons alot in 2 pvp battles about 10 hours ago and nothing happened.

CrimsonSapphire

Also one hit Ko move doesn't really "kill" your poke -_- instead its showing your poke fainted you still can attack

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If I were being pedantic, I could point out that Pokémon are never "killed" in battle. They faint and run out of energy to continue the battle. But I'm not that kind of Ghost ;)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
True, if 'death' were really to take effect the game would be overrun by gengars. Spooky thought.