pokemon position in pc

pow001

when you trade 1 pokemon to another player, what happen is the 7th pokemon go to the 6th slot
i suggest that this be changed, so that the arrangement does not change inside the pc
instead the last pokemon example the 100th pokemon if you have 100 pokemons will go to 6th slot instead of the 7th pokemon

with these it will be easier to arrange your pokemons, they did not move so much

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I love this idea so much. It's awesome, if possible.
Set it as a temporary solution, please! :p

pow001

this is what I mean

T O T O O O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your party ( the T is the pokemons to be traded )

O O O O O O
O O O O O O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> page 1 in pc
O O O O O O

O O O O O O
O O O O O O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> page 2 in pc ( the K should be the ones to go to your party )
O K K

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
While this is potentially possible, it would be quite difficult to manage with the existing method of storing Pokémon. Figuring out which slots were originally occupied by the Pokémon you just traded; then calling the Pokémon last in the box and setting their positions to those slots, would probably require a fair deal of effort to implement; and the additional number of database queries required would probably add extra strain to the server on each trade.

Mortyh

This is a great idea that I was expected to see on game! Particularly, I'm so neurotic and methodical with arrangement of box slots and for years I've been disliking this trade method. I understand this extra strain of server that will be needed on each trade, but if has any chance of this working, that would be awesome! Really Liked this idea {:

pow001

jinji its ok for us if what happens is like this

T O T O O O >> O O O O K K

so it will not be harder to program

pow001

this is what I mean

T P T P P P >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your party ( the T is the pokemons to be traded, the P is the pokemons not to be traded )

O O O O O O
O O O O O O

O O O O O O
O O O O O O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> page 2 in pc ( the K should be the ones to go to your party )
O K K

what i mean is the K K pokemons will be the ones to go on your party when you trade 2 pokemons for example
so your party becomes

P P P P K K >>>>> this is the resulting party ( T were gone, K was added )

O O O O O O
O O O O O O

O O O O O O
O O O O O O >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> page 2 in pc ( the K that were here went to the party )
O

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I wouldn't say your suggestion is impossible, but it would be quite difficult to accomplish under the current system. The client would need to be updated to detect the position of the first Pokémon traded away in the trade; query the server for the Pokémon that occurs latest in the storage; then send a request to the server to move that Pokémon to the position it detected earlier; and repeat this for any other Pokémon that were traded. There's various hurdles that would need to be overcome there, but my biggest concern would be regarding the number of extra calls to the database that would require - and the resulting increase in server load that might result in.

pow001

maybe, this will be easier

determine how many pokemons where traded (example 2)
query the server for the last (2 pokemons) in storage
and then update its position to (position 1 and position 2)
then refresh

this is a difficult change but its really amazing if its done...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
You would then introduce the potential of having two Pokémon in the same position, as if you didn't trade the first Pokémon in the party, then the first Pokémon AND the new one would be Position 1. This could cause issues if the client wasn't equipped to deal with such a possibility; though it's possible a new client could implement code to resolve that matter - this would still be a while away, however.