pokemon breeding?

Mooo

I thought you couldnt breed pokemon so i have no idea why people wanted male and female of same pokemon. i asked them and they said it was to breed moves or something. TM? new moves that cant be learned in playerdex? are these moves on wiki? where is the guide on this move breeding? i want to know whats going on :eek:

talha.k

Some Pokemon only learn certain moves via breeding. To make this possible in PWO, there's an "egg move tutor" in both daycares. You just need to take 2 compatible Pokemon to a daycare center and teach moves. Example:

Take a Male Skarmory and a Female Spearow to Daycare. Teach the move "Assurance" to Skarmory via the tutor with the help of Spearow (must have assurance in its moveset).

Mooo

There not the same pokemon. How do i know what pokemon are compatible? Do they just have to be same typ of pokemon? like them 2 are flying typ.

talha.k

Mooo said:
There not the same pokemon. How do i know what pokemon are compatible? Do they just have to be same typ of pokemon? like them 2 are flying typ.
Electrofreak has explained that egg group plays part when deciding which Pokemon are compatible. I'll write down what I use to find compatible Pokemon & moves etc.

pokemondb.net is the best website for me to check which Pokemon can learn which moves via egg and from who. Let's go by the Skarmory example:

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/skarmory/moves/5
Scroll down and you'll see the "Egg moves" section. There's a list of the moves it can learn via breeding. And to see compatible "parents" click the link just below the "Egg moves" text; which is:
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/skarmory/egg

Here; each move has 2-6 (iirc) sections. I'll explain them below:
Level up = means that the Pokemon to the right of this learn the said move via level up.
Breeding = listed Pokemon also learn it via breeding (sometimes you only have this option or the 'level up' Pokemon aren't available in PWO. For example, to teach Curse to Umbreon; you can follow this route: Slowpoke -> Wooper -> Umbreon)
Pre-evolution = Listed Pokemons' pre evolved form learns it via level up.
Move Tutor = Self explanatory
Generation # = Listed Pokemon learn it in a previous generation via TM/Move tutor/Lvl up etc. I'm pretty sure you will not be able to use this route in PWO.
Sketch = Smeargle can sketch the move from another Pokemon, and pass it on via egg.