Pokemon Arcade?

leptoon

Website
syndistep.net
I just had an idea. An online pokemon arcade where you can play flash games to win prizes like shirts, plushies, figurines, movies and other pokemon related stuff. Maybe even pokemon and pokedollars in PWO. I guess the prizes could be universal based on highest overall score (like a weekly prize for the highest score in a certain game), but maybe it could use a point system.

Anyway, what do you think of that idea?

TheWyatt2012

Would this be for PWO? If so, it's a bad idea. This game is illegal. Nintendo would sue.

If it's not, you'd have to get permission from Nintendo.

Tom210

where would we get plushes and t shirts

and what the other guy said

there should be a Tom210 plush

leptoon

Website
syndistep.net
No it wouldn't be specifically for PWO. It would offer in-game prizes (in PWO) in addition to licensed Pokemon merchandise. It would be in no way affiliated with PWO or Nintendo.

I'm under the impression that it is not illegal to give away things for free. It would be illegal if you had to pay to register on the website or if you had to buy a raffle ticket, but not if you pay nothing for your chance to win. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Plus Nintendo would make money because the arcade's staff would purchase the pokemon merchandise from retail stores that purchase it from Nintendo.

smyers152

Although it sounds like a good idea on paper, reality is always the issue. Nintendo would shut it down no matter how much money they were making from the prizes. And even if they didnt there is a huge flaw with flash games on the internet... cheaters. Look at the leader boards for any flash game and I can guarantee the numbers are astronomical. Funding is also a huge deal, because if the prizes were being funded by PWO donations, that's just more reason for Nintendo to go after the Devs.

tonice4u

Here's my two cent on this.

- Introduce an arcade to the forums, it doesn't have to be pokemon related since it might cause conflict with Nintendo.

- Player with the highest score in each game gets a "trophy", "medal", whatever can be used on the forums. Maybe even points.

- Player with the overall best score (all the games) gets a "trophy", "medal", whatever can be used on the forums. Maybe even points.

- Depending on the number "trophy", "medal", or points, these winners may get 1 free token, or gets access to a new "shop" feature in game, in which, they can trade these points.

- Points have to be distributed at the end of the month to avoid an inflation of items.

- The same person can only win X amount of times until Y amount of months has passed.

Since you aren't really selling/donating/offering real Nintendo product as a prize, nothing can actually be done to you. They usually go after a said group if they intend to make a profit out of it. Don't think virtue poke dollars is considered a "profit".

leptoon

Website
syndistep.net
This theoretical arcade would not receive funding from PWO nor would it be integrated into the PWO forum. It would not be affiliated with PWO at all, even though some of the prizes are in PWO. All funding for physical prizes would come out of the owners pocket for the time being, and eventually would come from advertising revenue. Virtual prizes would come from both the arcade staff (the ones that aren't PWO staff) and donations from PWO players.

tonice4u makes a valid point. There are fan websites and forums all over the internet for Pokemon, but none of them ever get shut down. Why? Because they aren't making any money. The same rule seems to apply to the arcade. No profit = no problem, right?

Also, cheating shouldn't be much of an issue. Moderators can tell if someone is cheating (it's kinda obvious when the ONLY score you've ever gotten in any game is on the top 3 list). Plus players can report suspicious activity, and all prizes would only be awarded after a quick inspection of the winners account.