Pokemart and Pokedex

goldrake

Hi guys I've a question, why if u buy a pokemon from the pokemart, he doesn't appear in the pokedex as caught or seen? ???

Jinga

It is because you are buying the pokemon rather than catching/trading it.

Nikola

Youngster
goldrake said:
Hi guys I've a question, why if u buy a pokemon from the pokemart, he doesn't appear in the pokedex as caught or seen? ???
This was always the case. Upon purchasing from the mart, token store and collecting from global link the Pokemon you obtained is only being added to the "monsters" table in the database while for ever reason might be bypassing the pokedex table. Given that you have to be offline in order to do a transfer the query for pokedex table would be successful and you would have your data once logged in.

In case you already seen the Pokemon the server needs to be set to check the entry and UPDATE from the Caught column if there is already data stored for said Pokemon. I hope this clarifies things a bit for you. It is all about how the code is set to communicate with the database. There are other ways to do it though and everyone deems their way better. This one seems to be more universal and swift for me. Keep in mind that this is the playerdex, where I highly doubt current staff that are active have code to amend for it. I would also like to apologize in case I gave you inaccurate answer. Hopefully, active staff can review this for you. Good luck.