please implement an alternative donation method ??

MaxChakra!

So i would like to donate some money to PWO for tokens and to help with whatever development,however I am unable to do this because paypal is the only method to donate and my bank does not allow me to link my CC with paypal even though my card is VISA(I am not from USA).. i have been to my bank and they told me the best is to try a opening an account with a different bank which is too much effort just to use paypal ..Anyway moving on I have a suggestion! :D is it possible to implement a direct payment method for donation through the website or playerdex where players can just punch in their details and not have to worry about any middleman(paypal) that way my own bank can just verify with me and then easy peasy i get my tokens no hassle, all this with paypal still being an option for other players of course and maybe bitcoin too for people who use that.

Would love to hear your opinion on this please staff and if it is possible at all to implement :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Unfortunately, even implementing a system to allow people to use their credit or debit cards directly to pay us would still require us to rely on a middleman, although in this case it would be a "payment processor" rather than PayPal. This is due to the sheer complexity involved in making credit card payments - the technology and safety measures required are very strict and companies like Visa invest millions in infrastructure to keep things secure. Most payment processors charge fees for every transaction made which are above PayPal's own; some even require an initial outlay of hundred to thousands of (insert currency here) just to get the software required to do it in the first place. It likely wouldn't be financially viable even with the extra donations we may receive from it.

The PWO Staff remain interested in hearing player suggestions for other payment methods besides PayPal that would allow us to accept donations with similar ease; and particularly we'd like to find solutions that target places PayPal cannot; or allow for other payment methods besides card / bank transfer. However, we are yet to find one that offers a comparative level of global support which is both easy to implement and doesn't charge hefty fees. If you have a suggestion for one, I highly suggest searching the Playerdex Suggestion Box to see if it has been suggested before; if not, feel free to make a post highlighting all the reasons you think we should consider it.

GawertyXL

What about Skrill??? I know it works well, just a thought as I have linked my credit card with paypal and skrill.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Those statistics included those people who already had tokens in their account and used their existing funds to purchase membership; they are not reflective of the actual amount of money donated for Tokens. Also bear in mind that players may have acquired Tokens via methods that do not involve donating - in 2013 there were XMas and New Year Giveaways; and at least one competition which rewarded players Tokens. As a result, not all the Tokens that were exchanged in that year represented a donation to PWO; and should not be treated as an indication of total money donated.