Please, help me in forming battle team

furchia

I've seen many topics like this recently so guess it's my turn now:
what I have now (most of poks are 50-70lvl):
seadra (s) rather common for shiny most stats 28-29 iv
gyarados (s) same
golem (s) excellent attack and def - 31
heracross - all stats above 20 except attack - 6-7 :(
eevee - possible uber or epic (who can tell me the difference between this two) spatk - 26-31. what attacks should I pick for this possible jolteon (if I pick it for team)? - thunder, discharge, last resort? what fourth? byte? pin missile?
actually 3 grass poks - meganium, exeggutor, obamasnow (all are medium) guess rest exeggutor for team?

So what shall I add? Guess fire pok will be the best? So growlithe? What else can you recommend?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Good fire types:
Arcanine, Charizard, and Blazi. But only if the blazi has good att/medium sp att/good speed. I hear Typhlosion is decent as well, but I personally prefer the other three to it.
(On blazi you'll want hi jump kick, brave bird, flare blitz, and slash. )

Out of what you have, I suggest:
Kingdra w/ great stats
Hera w/ megahorn and close combat
Jolteon (discharge, thunder, last resort, bite)
Golem (or something tanky)
fire type
Dragon (such as sala)

My opinion is sort of limited, because I'm not the best, but at the least you could try it out. Hopefully somebody more experienced than I can give you some better pointers. :]

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
CheckeredZebra said:
Good fire types:
Arcanine, Charizard, and Blazi. But only if the blazi has good att/medium sp att/good speed. I hear Typhlosion is decent as well, but I personally prefer the other three to it.
(On blazi you'll want hi jump kick, brave bird, flare blitz, and slash. )

Out of what you have, I suggest:
Kingdra w/ great stats
Hera w/ megahorn and close combat
Jolteon (discharge, thunder, last resort, bite)
Golem (or something tanky)
fire type
Dragon (such as sala)

My opinion is sort of limited, because I'm not the best, but at the least you could try it out. Hopefully somebody more experienced than I can give you some better pointers. :]

S kingdra -> Dragon Pulse, Yawn, Brine and Hydro pump
Heracross -> Arial Ace, Close combat, megahorn, **
Jolteon -> Discharge, Thunder, Last Resort and I would choose Double kick (good against rock/dark types)
Remove S golem and replace it with Alakazam or any other with good spd OR another tank such as Snorlax
Arcanine/Charizard (Arcanine -> Reversal, Crunch,Flare blitz, thunder fang) (charizard -> Flaer blitz, Dragon Claw, Air slash,Shadow claw)
Salamence/Dragonite

Naero

matileo19 said:
Remove S golem and replace it with Alakazam or any other with good spd OR another tank such as Snorlax

For a physical tank, a shiny/uber-statted Rhydon - or Steelix - would be an optimal replacement for Golem IMO; Snorlax would be preferrable more as a special defense tank, rather. :p Aside from that, I agree with your suggestions.

furchia

ty all for you help! :D
as for:
matileo19 said:
I've heard much about it but after battling several times again it on 60-70 lvls and it couldn't killed my (S) gyarados of the same lvl even in 2 shots with future sight (maybe it was 0 in it's spatk iv, idk) I started to think that kazam is a garbage.
matileo19 said:
I agree it's weakling in my team. But though I played 300h or so I haven't ran into simple rhydon or onix yet. :( Well, will try to find or buy it, ty.

P.S. what do you think about scizor? Of cause x4 by fire, but x1 or better to all others... It makes me think...

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
furchia said:
ty all for you help! :D
as for:
matileo19 said:
I've heard much about it but after battling several times again it on 60-70 lvls and it couldn't killed my (S) gyarados of the same lvl even in 2 shots with future sight (maybe it was 0 in it's spatk iv, idk) I started to think that kazam is a garbage.
matileo19 said:
I agree it's weakling in my team. But though I played 300h or so I haven't ran into simple rhydon or onix yet. :( Well, will try to find or buy it, ty.

P.S. what do you think about scizor? Of cause x4 by fire, but x1 or better to all others... It makes me think...

Ya Scizor will do a good job too, but Snorlax remains being the best choice ;) and np!

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
But though I played 300h or so I haven't ran into simple rhydon or onix yet.

Have you done the CC or Mt silver quests yet? With CC rhyhorn appear uncommon (but easily enough). Mt. silver almost spams Onix at you consider it's a rare there.

furchia

CheckeredZebra said:
But though I played 300h or so I haven't ran into simple rhydon or onix yet.

Have you done the CC or Mt silver quests yet? With CC rhyhorn appear uncommon (but easily enough). Mt. silver almost spams Onix at you consider it's a rare there.

Mt silver is a place for those who have 16 badges? No, I need 3 more badges. And what is CC?

furchia

what do you think about lapras?
i've got two: one with near max hp and speed (29-31) and medium other stats, other with max hp and spatk. Any of this two may be useful?

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
furchia said:
what do you think about lapras?
i've got two: one with near max hp and speed (29-31) and medium other stats, other with max hp and spatk. Any of this two may be useful?

The one with max hp and spd, this one will be able to face tyranitars (Y). Lapras is good, specially to counter dragon types.

furchia

best moveset for lapras?
guess it needs:
1. ice beam
2. body slam (many poks have large spdef but little def)
3. about water moves: hydro pump-brine-water pulse. Is combination the same as for kingdra? hydro pump-brine?
4. should I leave place for sheer cold?

and moveset for salamence, please:
double-edge, crunch, dragon claw, fly? but it has great fangs too (electr and fire)...