Playing PWO off a portable drive

MaxChakra!

Right so I installed PWO on a usb drive from home in order to play it at work since my work pc does not allow me to install anything I can only download also it gets very boring here lol, anyway after installing it I tried running it and got this error message

vUt5Llj.png

right so I'm smart enough to know there is a certain missing component(file) on the PC im using, however i dont know the name of this component or file and i dont know the location it should be copied to,
Could a staff member or really good pc nerd please tell me what file is missing and the location this file needs to be in so that I can run the game.

What would be really cool is if you could give me a link to download this component and just small description on the location it should be copied to, I'm sure this is nothing major.

thanks in advance to any help. :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If you actually notice, the filename mentioned is there in the folder you copied. The problem is the component isn't registered to the system, so PWO doesn't know where to look for it. The "pwo.local" file is supposed to fix this issue, but it doesn't always work. However, you can solve this problem by registering the file yourself, by running the command "regsvr32 MSINET.OCX" (and again for any other files it may later complain about).

If you aren't sure how to do this, the following page on the Wiki can explain: http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Fa ... Solution_B

Part of the reason we use an installer for PWO is because it does this job automatically, for the convenience of our users; although this only works for the PC it was first installed on, so isn't really useful for a removable drive. However, knowing how to do it yourself can give you this portability and even allow you to skip using the installer entirely.

MaxChakra!

Jinji you sire are awesome this is exactly what I was looking for! thanks

MaxChakra!

So just to make sure I most probably need admin rights to register the OCX file through regsvr32? I tried doing it and get an error message about location or something

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I think you may need Admin rights; and it may also be necessary to set the command line to look at the right folder (use the command: cd "C:\Program Files (x86\Pokemon World Online").

MaxChakra!

oh damn.. that's the problem I have no admin rights to install anything or copy anything over into program files or windows folder directory..So there is no way to run this game without installing it? hopefully future updates will allow simple copy and paste to click and play from portable devices.