Playerdex: Donating

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

CheckeredZebra said:
If you want somebody to be angry at, be angry at Xanatus, to be blunt.

Lee/Jinji have, for months, Manually sorted out every issue (each one taking 10 minutes or so). You can do the math on how much time it takes.
Xan could easily fix this problem but despite months of pestering from both staff and even several players, he hasn't done crap. I know it seems a bit unprofessional, but consider this being the final straw after months of trying to take care of somebody else's infant when you only have a bottle with no milk, a weekly limit of 2 diapers, and a trash can to do it with. After months of asking for necessities like food, clothing, towels with no response and no indication that any help will be coming, Lee has basically had to hire a nanny (aka put the donation project in stasis) until things get sorted.

And only the people from the In Progress section are being punished by it. Either give everyone the amount they donated for or don't.

But our opinions don't matter. So I'm just going to give up.

pieguy13

Azuri said:
And only the people from the In Progress section are being punished by it. Either give everyone the amount they donated for or don't.

But our opinions don't matter. So I'm just going to give up.
I feel the exact same way. I may have skimmed through the post the first time so I didn't pick up on the fact that we won't be receiving the amount we donated for. I donated $60 and will be getting 22 tokens out of it and a friend of mine donated $100 and is only getting 25 tokens. It seems to me that these shouldn't be pushed off to the side. It just discourages the people that donated a lot and don't get much in return from donating again in the future. Why pay $6 for membership when I can hunt for Pokemon in game and buy membership from some other poor sap?

TL;DR: I'm not donating again. You've had my money in the past but not any more. It's ridiculous how you treated these token issues.

psychosamm

Youngster
I believe the remainder of the in progress donations should be handled normally. There's no reason to do this stupid ten token thing. Just close it to any further donations and once everything is done then it's done. No more donating.

Besides this silly ten token thing I think this could be a good thing and give the admins more time to devote to fixing the game. And for example crenel to have more time to updating moves.
If however, this massive amount of extra time the admins will have goes to waste then I have lost any remaining faith in the staff.
And I can honestly say that I hate xan for making this game struggle

G

psychosamm said:
I believe the remainder of the in progress donations should be handled normally. There's no reason to do this stupid ten token thing. Just close it to any further donations and once everything is done then it's done. No more donating.

Besides this silly ten token thing I think this could be a good thing and give the admins more time to devote to fixing the game. And for example crenel to have more time to updating moves.
If however, this massive amount of extra time the admins will have goes to waste then I have lost any remaining faith in the staff.

We all do, but I doubt it will happen. They feel that because we donated a high amount of money (150$ myself, getting 10 tokens for it) it cannot be trusted until Xan checks it, which he wont.

The thing we will hear again is 'but you 'DONATED'' ... but then, why not treat the ones that are still awaiting to be checked the same way? It's ridiculous in my opinion.

HOF69

So if I understand Lee's post correctly, anyone with an "In Progress" token issue won't receive ANY of the tokens they should have, but instead will receive 10 + 3 for each month of being in progress? Please tell me how that is remotely fair for the few people that have been waiting since this past WINTER to receive tokens? If my math is correct, I'll be receiving a total of 25 tokens instead of the 100 I was hoping to receive when I donated back in JANUARY. I'm not one to normally make angry posts on here, but that is flat out ridiculous and utterly pathetic. Now, I'm well aware that if anyone is to blame, Xan is. Even so, those that were put indefinitely into the "In Progress" section are now getting the short end of the stick.

G

HOF69 said:
So if I understand Lee's post correctly, anyone with an "In Progress" token issue won't receive ANY of the tokens they should have, but instead will receive 10 + 3 for each month of being in progress? Please tell me how that is remotely fair for the few people that have been waiting since this past WINTER to receive tokens? If my math is correct, I'll be receiving a total of 25 tokens instead of the 100 I was hoping to receive when I donated back in JANUARY. I'm not one to normally make angry posts on here, but that is flat out ridiculous and utterly pathetic. Now, I'm well aware that if anyone is to blame, Xan is. Even so, those that were put indefinitely into the "In Progress" section are now getting the short end of the stick.

Yep, and the ones generally put into the 'In progress' section are the ones that did the larger/more donations. Figures.

HOF69

psychosamm said:

Couldn't agree more.

MrFlare2

Youngster
Alright, the petty arguments are getting ridiculous. Staff, they don't have to waste their time checking the donation, Making it go through xan, and all that crap. Everyone seems to be flaming, but if im correct, a donation means you get NOTHING in return, you do it for the cause. Staff give tokens as appreciation for your donating, and the time they give. Im fed up with this crap people give to staff, who not only give the game, but also pay for the servers. Please, appreciate.

G

MrFlare2 said:
Alright, the petty arguments are getting ridiculous. Staff, they don't have to waste their time checking the donation, Making it go through xan, and all that crap. Everyone seems to be flaming, but if im correct, a donation means you get NOTHING in return, you do it for the cause. Staff give tokens as appreciation for your donating, and the time they give. Im fed up with this crap people give to staff, who not only give the game, but also pay for the servers. Please, appreciate.

Pay for the servers? We pay for the servers with our huge donations.

Also - Nothing in return? Sure, then also treat the other donations like that and not just ours in the 'In Progress' section.

And please, read the discussion before making a post like this.

I'm going to stop posting here now, and wait for other players opinions - if this doesn't get closed to shut off the discussion that is.

(Not like it will help, but people should have the ability to state what's on their mind in my opinion)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Guys, I just think your Idea is a really bad Idea... You'll lose all the donators after this. They've been waiting for a month or more so, fix things, fix the whole problem with Xan (in your FREE TIME) and then you will continue with the token issues without problems with the community. I don't know what you have to do to fix every token Issue and how long it takes for each token issue, but you should find a way to make things quickly. Im up to new Ideas and Im sure that some people will give you a hand.

Btw, the donation thing is just a mask, because: NO DONATIONS = NO PWO. So you can't really say ''it's a DONATION, if you get nothing, you should have known how this works'' NO, NO and NO. Players are not giving away money to help people or something like that, its a game, nothing more, nothing less so, the whole donation thing should change a bit its point of view.

Aandrew2

All I have to say is....

Oh and P.S. Fudge the staff, Fudge players, Fudge Xan, and I'll get the Fudge out now O0

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 563

crenel

Youngster
Hi,

I want to make a public statement about the way we have apparently decided to handle this: This is some kind of crazy b*llsh*t all up in here.

Thank you for your attention; we're discussing things behind the scenes.

- crenel

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Azuri said:
So basically because of our kindness (Yep, we donated a lot so we get put on hold) we will have to wait even longer to sort things out? Wow, just wow.
Donations are donations, 'Issue' or 'In progress' - treat them the same way.
It was either 0 tokens for the long run or a small amount of tokens (of which we will be adding on top of the original token amount) for now - we're discussing options and this is coming from me, I suggested a plan earlier today to Jinji - I want it to happen, it will require big changes however if successful - it will be a positive change. Though to get there will require the current support of all staff and players. We'll see if it happens first though.

Azuri said:
The people in the In Progress section are basically being punished for their kindness, at least that's how it feels to me this instance, and I'm pretty sure every
single person in there feels the same.
And i'm sorry for making you feel that way, however would you prefer 0 to some extra tokens while you wait for the remainder?

Azuri said:
I've seen enough of your replies to know that I won't reach you with this at all, just wanted to clear this crap out of my head.
Not just you with crap in your head, a number of staff have done the same this past month. We want change, I want it to happen and we understand that you the 'Player' want it to happen.

psychosamm said:

Crenel doesn't work on token issues, Admins as such shouldn't be fixing the game, that should be up for the Developers.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Bluerise said:
matileo19 said:
fix the whole problem with Xan (in your FREE TIME)
We have been trying too.

Basically, you're doing a job that you should not be doing and what does Xan says about this? I can't really understand what the h*** he's doing/waiting for...

Aandrew2

Well i think ill just leave this here

Attachments

• Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 542
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 542
  • desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 542

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
You know, I give up.

I'll give everyone their tokens - the end.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Just incase you are all ignoring it, you got a short amount of time.
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=7867

Status
Not open for further replies.