Playerdex: Donating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello there.

It is as of this day, we're going to stop taking in donations for PWO. Reason being is that the system can't continue the way it is, mainly management end. With on-going changes being discussed behind the scenes and outside PWO wanting mine and Jinji's time - we can no longer spend the time required to resolve token issues. And before someone does bring it up, no a special team focused on dealing with token issues should not be done.

We are now officially not accepting donations for the project, we don't have an estimate on how long this will remain like this however change needs to be made and we're hoping that changes will happen as a result of this action.

With regards to token issues, we'll be closing the board at 2pm (GMT). Any token issues need to be posted before then, after that - we will be accepting no more. Meanwhile with the current token issues, we'll be resolving them as normal for the time-being. Any of the current 'in-progress' token issues will also be closed. For any of these issues, we'll be giving 10 tokens plus an additional 3 tokens for every month since you posted. You will not be receiving the number of tokens expected.

Now on a good point, we're going to be giving away a few tokens to a few random players.

• 2 tokens to 2 random accounts that have played at least 100 minutes that registered this month
  • 4 tokens to 4 random accounts that have played at least 300 minutes that registered in May and have been active this month
  • 6 tokens to 6 random accounts that have played at least 500 minutes that have been active this month
Winners will be announced via Twitter in the next hour or two.

PS. Should the case be donations are allowed again - there is a chance that they will be done by Xan only depending on if it was approved by the Administrator group.

Also any in-progress topics have the right to claim for their remaining tokens as soon as we're sorted.

Blue ~

Alphinez

Youngster
mm I hope donations will be allowed again and I hope we can buy tokens with SMS system someday in the future :D

Free tokens,,, mmm

G

So just to make sure I understand... I donated 30$ about a week ago, but instead of receiving 30 tokens I'll be getting 10?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If your issue is not "In Progress, waiting on information from other Staff" it will be processed normally.
If it is, you will instead receive 10 Tokens plus another 3 for every month you've been waiting.

G

Thanks for the quick response and clarification, Jinji.

I would also make a quick suggestion in regards to the donations... My first donation here I did purely for membership + Aron, however I was going to donate, JUST to donate. Wouldn't it make more sense (atleast to me) to leave the donation system in place, but to state on the page that token-system is suspended?

Just my thought...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I've considered it, however that would mean that Players need to change their viewpoint, whereas it's the management that needs its viewpoint changing.

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com
well... i finally got the 2 transfers from paypall to be able to activate my account and suddenly a friend directed me to this thread -_-
although i can completly understand why you are doing this step, your anouncement time was way too short (wanted to buy tokens for 30€ in the evening today and read the whole guide stuff to be sure to not make any mistakes concerning the first donation). are there any future plans how to handle this stuff instead or doing it manually? (automatic scripts; trusted GMs; ...) i know that u somehow answered similar questions but the answeres were nothing concrete. there has to be an other option and a timeplan or something similar to a network plan otherwise u wouldnt have shut down the only possible option or would you?

EgoFatalus

So, how are we going to get UC pokemon now? Will you begin with giveaways or token events, maybe? Or will UC pokemon become catchable?

mastther

So, how are we going to get UC pokemon now? No more memberships? What about the exp bonus?

pieguy13

Thank god we're finally gonna get some progress on these older token issues. Thanks a lot Lee!

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
naliorf333 said:
so there's no other way to obtain UC pokes like meta,slak,etc?
mastther said:
So, how are we going to get UC pokemon now? No more memberships? What about the exp bonus?
EgoFatalus said:
So, how are we going to get UC pokemon now? Will you begin with giveaways or token events, maybe? Or will UC pokemon become catchable?
The token store will be remaining open, and we'll be regularly giving out tokens for now. Hopefully this doesn't take too long to sort out but it all depends on Xanatus.

MacCollin said:
are there any future plans how to handle this stuff instead or doing it manually?
At the moment it's up to Xanatus, bringing in more staff to resolve the issues isn't going to fix the problem. There needs to be a changed that we ourselves can't make but only Xanatus.

psychosamm

Youngster
Wow i'm glad i didn't donate.

So basically:

-No more donating for tokens
-Current donations will be given 10 tokens plus 3 for each month waited, regardless of the amount of the donation.
-Tokens will be given out at random more often
-We're waiting on a better token system

I'd like to see the day something actually gets fixed as opposed to waiting. xD

420SpiritGun

hey bluerise I am just wondering what is going to happen to MS in general like eventually everyone who has tokens will spend theirs and then will there be no exp bonus or shiny chance increase ? :eek:

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Tombradyrocks said:
Dude this blows :/ I donated $50 and now Im not going to get all my tokens?
Considering it's a donation anyway and you're not paying for tokens, should be glad you're still getting some!

psychosamm said:
-Current donations will be given 10 tokens plus 3 for each month waited, regardless of the amount of the donation.
This is only for the donations in-progress.

420SpiritGun said:
hey bluerise I am just wondering what is going to happen to MS in general like eventually everyone who has tokens will spend theirs and then will there be no exp bonus or shiny chance increase ? :eek:
Players will have to survive without membership, won't they now? ;)

G

Bluerise said:
Hello there.

It is as of this day, we're going to stop taking in donations for PWO. Reason being is that the system can't continue the way it is, mainly management end. With on-going changes being discussed behind the scenes and outside PWO wanting mine and Jinji's time - we can no longer spend the time required to resolve token issues. And before someone does bring it up, no a special team focused on dealing with token issues should not be done.

We are now officially not accepting donations for the project, we don't have an estimate on how long this will remain like this however change needs to be made and we're hoping that changes will happen as a result of this action.

With regards to token issues, we'll be closing the board at 2pm (GMT). Any token issues need to be posted before then, after that - we will be accepting no more. Meanwhile with the current token issues, we'll be resolving them as normal for the time-being. Any of the current 'in-progress' token issues will also be closed. For any of these issues, we'll be giving 10 tokens plus an additional 3 tokens for every month since you posted. You will not be receiving the number of tokens expected.

Now on a good point, we're going to be giving away a few tokens to a few random players.

• 2 tokens to 2 random accounts that have played at least 100 minutes that registered this month
  • 4 tokens to 4 random accounts that have played at least 300 minutes that registered in May and have been active this month
  • 6 tokens to 6 random accounts that have played at least 500 minutes that have been active this month
Winners will be announced via Twitter in the next hour or two.

PS. Should the case be donations are allowed again - there is a chance that they will be done by Xan only depending on if it was approved by the Administrator group.

Also any in-progress topics have the right to claim for their remaining tokens as soon as we're sorted.

Blue ~

So basically because of our kindness (Yep, we donated a lot so we get put on hold) we will have to wait even longer to sort things out? Wow, just wow.
Donations are donations, 'Issue' or 'In progress' - treat them the same way.

The whole 'It's a donation' speech doesn't really help either - I get what you mean - but if we wanted to 'just' donate, we'd have done a offline donation.

The people in the In Progress section are basically being punished for their kindness, at least that's how it feels to me this instance, and I'm pretty sure every
single person in there feels the same.

Excuse my anger, I've had a ... 80 hour week, 70% of staff is now sick, lost two clients to it yesterday .. and then this.

I've seen enough of your replies to know that I won't reach you with this at all, just wanted to clear this crap out of my head.

Have a nice evening.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
If you want somebody to be angry at, be angry at Xanatus, to be blunt.

Lee/Jinji have, for months, Manually sorted out every issue (each one taking 10 minutes or so). You can do the math on how much time it takes.
Xan could easily fix this problem but despite months of pestering from both staff and even several players, he hasn't done crap. I know it seems a bit unprofessional, but consider this being the final straw after months of trying to take care of somebody else's infant when you only have a bottle with no milk, a weekly limit of 2 diapers, and a trash can to do it with. After months of asking for necessities like food, clothing, towels with no response and no indication that any help will be coming, Lee has basically had to hire a nanny (aka put the donation project in stasis) until things get sorted.

Now how that has been put to stasis can be disagreed with (I feel bad for people who donated $50, although the terms for donation have been clearly laid out) but overall, we've been taking the blame, insults, and spammy suggestions (CAN YOU FIX THE BATTLE SYSTEM? CAN YOU FIX THE BATTLE SYSTEM? CAN YOU FIX THE BATTLE SYSTEM?) for 7% of the staff (Read: 2 DEVs). We've had to bend the rules of our own system just to try and bring new content, and frankly I can't blame him for just going "Forget this."

Hope that brings some light on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.