Player Complaint/Demands

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey Guys,

ThuGie here bringing down some rage.
There seem to be people complaining with the way i work and what i use the banner ingame.

Now its all fun that you dislike what i do with it,
But don't rage against other pwo staff but do this directly at me.

And how in your right mind do you think you deserve free tokens for something you don't agree with ?
This is a free game that we allow you to play, yes you can make donations but i'm pretty sure you get what you want in return.

Some people even start saying i put up some text about me saying i'm drinking.
While i might have said of for a smoke or going to get a drink.

How does that make it look like its a alcoholic drink?
And even if it was? Why should you get tokens because i said that ? Nope your right you don't.

Now if you do have a problem with something i did pm me, but don't expect to get anything from it.
Also complaining about downtime because i was working on the server??

Your kidding right? We don't have a test server and some stuff needs to be tested before we know it works like it should.
Before i became dev the server was laggy and slow. often crashing how do you think i fixed that?

Without restarting it? Nope i had to restart it each time i had to apply the update.

Now grow up and stop complaining.

king1234

Youngster
well i dont argue or mind what the staff do. i know its all for the right reasons,
cant make a omlet without breaking some eggs.

AmetsuKami

I notice a lot of the same disrespect on PWO twitter. I think it comes from players barely having anything better to do in the outside world. It's funny and sad at the same time.

G

Don't let them get to you. I was there most of the day yesterday and nothing you said or did remotely seemed wrong. You only restarted the server after fixing things and even though I saw your "I need to get a drink real quick" it wasn't even implied it was of an alcoholic nature (not that that matters.) Keep up the good work!

EDIT: On top of that I never personally saw any complaints in the chat.

neodestruct

i agree with thugie on this one, kinda sad to see ppl complain of a free game that without the hard work of devs and staff wouldnt be around anymore or even have existed.

G

just ignore em,its just a few randoms,thay are like 1% top,rest support u and understand what u do,so dont worry,nice work whit pwo and keep it up!

Fionavara

;D
U go thugie! Tell the kiddos!
mwahaha we havnt had a good rage for a long time..good to see someone can rage a bit and it's not me.. :p
Seriously..mwahahah they complain u have a drinking problem?? hahahaha soo freaking funny..cus u went and got something to drink??? hillarious!
I tried to eat Stank in the chatt... noone complain we have canibals on the server...hmm maybe they should..I did try eat the player AsianDuck aswell whilst I was at it... ::)
THese newbies just doesnt recognize good trolling when they see it...I would keep restarting just to annoy htem even more..pfft maybe we should shut down the server a while like in the good old days...I kinda miss the old days when 1 hour game time a day was considered awesume.. ;)
Teach the newbies how is used to be and maybe that would make them appreciate your job. hehe

DizzyNguyen

I still believe in you, thanks for what you did ThuGie, some kids purposely do not understand forgive them :)

G

There is negative xp thats the only thing bothering me if you get that fixed more people will start donating and the game will be 10X better!

Zain

Youngster
Thugie is right, its not like staff are robots, they are humans too and everyone human needs rest from work
they are some people here with demands and no thanks or appreciation , which is i think is wrong
staff are always trying their best and making the community happy in a way, and this is what they get? demands, complains and hatred?

stength, negative exp isnt a bug, its just how the system works

Thanks Thugie and the rest of the staff trying their best, some people need to learn manners and start respecting others...

G

I don't know who is complaining but I think that this game is awesome.

It's not completed, and because so there will be down times, updates, and maintenance.

It can't be helped.

Keep up the good work, don't let some little kids get on your nerves, you know you are doing a good job.

wardove

Anyone with half a brain should thank you for all the time you and some other staff members are investing into the game. Keep doing whatever you're doing. It works perfectly for me and just about everyone else I interact with in the game.

Boye

A big majority of the community on both Twitter and these forums, forget how this game is being run. They forget that it's volunteers that put their spare time and dedication into this game, to make it the best it can be for us. Dodellinger Simpson, who were the one who brought it up on Twitter, is being given too much attention, and in my honest opinion this should just be forgotten, and not even commented on.

The server is yours, the game is yours. Do whatever you please. As long as the messages made over the global announcement are somewhat proper or can be put in a fun context, I really don't mind, and neither should anyone. If the kid got butthurt over you, writing you were going for a drink or a smoke, that shows it all right there and should not be taken any further.

Alot of people, and this can be boiled down to one exact population of this game especially (I will not comment any further on this since it's pretty obvious anyways) - I don't really care what you think about this statement, agree or don't.. - do NOT realize how much time you put into this game to make it run as smooth as possible. Instead of complaining every single time the game is down, people should instead commend your efforts to make it come back up asap.

It disgusts me, how some people take PWO and everything it holds for granted. If you're a part of that community, who enjoy getting your instant gratification and pleasure out of harassing the PWO staff with your crap, be ashamed. Dodellinger Simpson was a clear example of, just how retarded one can be, and I'm still baffled this went to the forums.

Keep up the good work staff, it's very much appreciated. PWO Community (you know who the f*** you are) - be ashamed.

Boye

strength2000 said:
There is negative xp thats the only thing bothering me if you get that fixed more people will start donating and the game will be 10X better!

If this is the sole reason for people not donating, then people should just find another game to play or support. That has to be one of the most moronic statements ever.

I, myself waited till 49 to evolve my arcanine which brought around 600k negative XP to train back up. You know what I did? I did the time and put the effort into it, instead of complaining about this one mechanic that surely is annoying, but hardly a gamebreaker. Please.

Idiotic comment.

Tune

Don't mind it thugie. People here will complain no matter WHAT you do. xD
Well, unless they're getting free stuff.

It's a fact that the people happy with something are the most quiet and the ones unhappy are the ones much more likely to vent. Which is a shame. But there will be a lot more people appreciating what you do than not and you've improved the server a massive amount since you've arrived. The whiners in the chat are the minority.

Auron

u just cannot do it right for everyone, there ll be always someone with critics to something u do :(

Naero

Duckz23 said:
When are you guys gonna put the server back up, anyways?

If the game is down, and no reason for acknowledgment of it being so on Twitter or here is made - the game has most likely crashed and is awaiting an Admin or Dev to restart it.

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=1031

In this situation, as quoted, there is no timetable for it to come online, as it can't be quantified how long it will take for an Admin or DEV to be available to restart it.