Petition for Truant on Slaking

HOF69

With the recent decision to let Slakings learn TMs (a horrible decision I might add) and the recent addition of egg moves (which give Slaking a major boost as well), Slaking has taken to new heights in PWO. Bottom line: it is beyond overpowered. With the TM pool it has access to combined with the recent addition of Body Slam to its moveset via egg moves, it has become unstoppable. Slaking has always been a bit overpowered in PWO, but it was also kept in check for a long time by nerfing its more powerful attacks and keeping it from being taught TMs. This is no longer the case, which makes Slaking more powerful than most legendaries would be (its base stat total is among the highest of all Pokemon). There's a reason that Slaking is normally never used in competitive battling: its ability cuts its strength in half. Truant prevents Slaking from attacking every turn, and in my opinion it is past time to add this ability to PWO.

I.Am

Bmax no slak. :D I agreed though and will be more awesome if PWO team fix Protect too.

Jinga

yeah slaking is already bugged now after addition of tm's and egg move's it beyond overpowered so traunt should be added

T-Rex

i aggre... Slaking is too op... He kills all my 6 pokes in a battle...

pieoffury

By not fixing truant for slaking, I don't see the point of giving slaking the benefit of tms and egg moves. Slaking was already nerfed when he wasn't allowed to learn from tms and was stripped off of hammer arm. Now he has a larger move pool with tms and egg moves and yet you still won't implement it's ability? It just ruins the battle system as a whole as even a single slaking can take down an entire team.

The-Predator

Youngster
Meh, there was a topic recently discussed, requesting truant for slaking, it wasnt about that actually but some of us went off topic and requested so, but lol they dont see a reason why they should add such ability, they even locked the topic to avoid such discussion, I had to talk to a GM and asked to unlock it.

Im thinking staff members are slaking users in their player accounts, Hitmonfonty wanted to collect feedback of how many players wants truant to be added (slackers and no slackers) and after that it would be discussed, WTF?? Why something that needs no discusión, needs to be discussed? After they saw some slackers wanted to see truant ability in game, they simply said the client is limited and they simply cant add it just yet.

PD: egg moves was a great addition, but i just dont see a reason why not to add truant to slaking in a way like some moves are working (hyper beam, giga impact)

Nikola

Youngster
When they start implementing abilities Truant might be the first ability to be introduced. However, I do agree that Slaking is almost on same level as Arceus. So yeah, once they start doing abilities Truant goes in first. It's kinda pointless constantly nerfing things around while there is proper fix where Slaking is able to use all of the moves plus its ability. Once again, Slaking is on Legendary Pokemon level. Cheers.

Edit: Actually, I don't much how PWO system works but I am aware it's not very good so was thinking about universal approach, once applied on Slaking it should work.

if(this->ActivePkmn[ID]->GetStats()->GetAbility() == "Truant")
truantturn[ID] = 1;
} else {
truantturn[ID] = 0;
}

then do something to stop it from attacking when trauntturn = 1...
then when you do that.. make trauntturn 0 and say pokemonID (Slaking) is loafing around...
This shouldnt take more then a minute. Nerfing and other workarounds are meaningless, gotta move forward. Why would you spend years in nerfing if you can spend one minute on fixing.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I'm sure you'll all be thanked for the input and this will never be followed up... either that or maybe it'll spend one year or two being discussed until it is dropped. Pick your poison really.

It's sad it came to the point where expectations for this game are close to nonexistent due to too much overthinking on staff's part

Sabo

Banned
ehm ill just leave this here :)

[ Image removed by Pansy - Please do not advertise other Pokémon games on these forums. Thanks ]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Slaking has been a top battler on PWO since forever. Truant would make it next to useless would it not? I figured a lot of players would have been upset to see the ability added, which is why I asked for feedback specifically from slaking users- which I seem not to have gotten regardless. Everyone does have a right to their say in this.

However that is not stopping Truant being added. I will remind you all again that we have very few staff on deck that can actually add this ability. In fact after asking around we can change that few to one person. His next tasks- when he can get time away from playerdex issues which are still keeping him busy, password resets etc- he was planning to look into move fixes which have been shelved for months.

So, if it was your choice, would you put slaking's ability fix ahead of move fixes on the agenda? I'm not guaranteeing that it can even be added, we'll just have to wait and see, but if you all want Truant before moves I'll try and make that happen.

The-Predator

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Slaking has been a top battler on PWO since forever. Truant would make it next to useless would it not? I figured a lot of players would have been upset to see the ability added, which is why I asked for feedback specifically from slaking users- which I seem not to have gotten regardless. Everyone does have a right to their say in this.

However that is not stopping Truant being added. I will remind you all again that we have very few staff on deck that can actually add this ability. In fact after asking around we can change that few to one person. His next tasks- when he can get time away from playerdex issues which are still keeping him busy, password resets etc- he was planning to look into move fixes which have been shelved for months.

So, if it was your choice, would you put slaking's ability fix ahead of move fixes on the agenda? I'm not guaranteeing that it can even be added, we'll just have to wait and see, but if you all want Truant before moves I'll try and make that happen.

You are making it look like if someone were going to sit months to fix/add truant ability which is not the case, I have been told the ability can be added in 1 minute, Yes 1 minute!! Why to warn us about delaying to fix moves if you add the truant ability?

HOF69

HitmonFonty said:

Truant wouldn't make it completely useless (its great base stats prevent that), but it would certainly make it a far less popular battler. Move fixes are very important, so I'm not sure if I'd be willing to say that adding Truant has top priority. However, I do know that it needs to be near the top of the to-do-list as far as battle mechanics are concerned.

Saric

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:

At this point, yes. Slaking has and always will be an issue without a working truant to keep it back.

Pretentious

Abilities as a whole aren't as important as fixing the moves themselves, but I would think that fixing a Pokemon with such a glaring issue to cause its own rules (LVL 99 battle-no slaking) would be paramount to fixing a LONG list of moves that don't work correctly for a variety of issues.

Is there currently a "priority" list for which moves should be fixed first? If so, I'd simply suggest that staff moves this to the top of that list ;)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
WishMaster said:
You are making it look like if someone were going to sit months to fix/add truant ability which is not the case, I have been told the ability can be added in 1 minute, Yes 1 minute!! Why to warn us about delaying to fix moves if you add the truant ability?

6 months and 1 minute are both equally exaggerated estimations. Anyone who says it will take one minute has no idea what has to be done. Even Bluerise, who is most likely the person who will be doing this, won't know how to do it until he actually looks into it. He has yet to add an ability and I doubt he's had time to have a look at how the others were done.

I'm happy to have a look at the current move list trello, make sure the priority fixes are on the top, and put 'looking into' adding Truant to slakoth among those pirority wise.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Look Darcia's post.

Fonty... Slaking users are aware (if they're not then its their fault) that they bought a Pokemon with the TRUANT ability. If they don't want it to be implemented then they simply don't want to see progress in this game.

The-Predator

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
WishMaster said:

6 months and 1 minute are both equally exaggerated estimations. Anyone who says it will take one minute has no idea what has to be done. Even Bluerise, who is most likely the person who will be doing this, won't know how to do it until he actually looks into it. He has yet to add an ability and I doubt he's had time to have a look at how the others were done.

I'm happy to have a look at the current move list trello, make sure the priority fixes are on the top, and put 'looking into' adding Truant to slakoth among those pirority wise.

1 minute is not exaggerated, Darcia coded the truant ability in some other game and he made it in 40 secs, actually maybe as you said, I dont know a thing about coding an ability into a game but i asked someone that do know and he showed me 40 secs is the time he took to do it, I tested it myself and it worked, now check at his post hes giving you the proper Way to add it and it does work

Pretentious

WishMaster said:
1 minute is not exaggerated, Darcia coded the truant ability in some other game and he made it in 40 secs, actually maybe as you said, I dont know a thing about coding an ability into a game but i asked someone that do know and he showed me 40 secs is the time he took to do it, I tested it myself and it worked, now check at his post hes giving you the proper Way to add it and it does work

WishMaster, the simple code that Darcia mentioned is the end result of a far more elaborate code which "may or may not" already be defined within PWO. You can't just throw that code into any Pokemon game and expect it to work unless everything else up to that point has already been written. As Fonty already pointed out, Blue hasn't been able to look into the way that abilities are currently coded. Hopefully something small is all that is needed, but my guess is that more work would need to be done before being able to add those lines of code.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
WishMaster said:
HitmonFonty said:

Because it works on another game with a 40 second code doesn't mean it will work here. As I said, the only person who can know how long it will take is the person who will be doing it.