People unaware about the Negative XP glitch.

G

Honestly, it gets annoying when hearing something such as "Oh noes! My charmanderz haz negative XP!!!11!!". Did people even read the tutorial early on saying it's a Visual Glitch? What are your thoughts on the people oblivious about it?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
My thought is, if I had a nickle for every time I answered this question I could house every homeless family in America.

People simply don't read. However, they still might be nice people, so I'm just patient about it.
Now when they argue back saying: "No way it's visual, it makes training to hard! Fix this now even though what I actually mean is make leveling easier!!11! This is an outrage!" is when it starts getting annoying.

G

Hi there, I'm a new player & did read the tutorial saying "this s a visual error only" then I experienced the issue and asked in 'help' channel about it only because I earned enough xp to level up but didn't due to the Negative XP, I asked & was told to train out of it. This adds an extra lvl of xp to gain, which is fine just not what I expected from the tutorial warning, prehaps a clarification on the error in the tutorial would stem the tide of questions.

cooler198

i understand the glitch but it whould be perfecy if they should remove it and at the same time increasethe exp you get atall

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Semord said:
Hi there, I'm a new player & did read the tutorial saying "this s a visual error only" then I experienced the issue and asked in 'help' channel about it only because I earned enough xp to level up but didn't due to the Negative XP, I asked & was told to train out of it. This adds an extra lvl of xp to gain, which is fine just not what I expected from the tutorial warning, prehaps a clarification on the error in the tutorial would stem the tide of questions.

Well, the real explanation as to why there is exp is huge. Also there is a /help negative xp command ingame that explains stuff.

a while back, the exp system was given an overhaul that based required exp till level up off of base exp. So if you have low base exp, it's easy to level. Pokemon with low exp tend to be ones like pidgey, magikarp, etc. Pokemon with high exp are Dragonite/Salamence/Slaking/legendaries/etc. Naturally, when pokemon evolve, their base exp also increases. Now, let me make this all come together with an example.

You are training a pidgey. For the sake of easy numbers, let's say it takes 200 exp total to get pidgey to level 16. Meanwhile, for pidgeotto to be on level 16, it takes 400 exp.
You evolve pidgey on level 16 into pidgeotto, leaving an exp debt of 200. THIS is where there is a visual error.Instead of adding the 200 debt exp to the right side of the exp bar, it puts it on the left.
In other words, you're seeing "-200/200" and if negative exp were fixed, you'd see "0/400." This is the most basic way I understand this.

It's a bit of a huge explaination to put onto an NPC and I highly doubt anyone will read it. I mean people still ask "Where do I find pikachu" when everyone and their mother at the start of the regions tells you there is a /list command. And saying "Use pokemon to find /list" is WAY WAY shorter and easier to read that behemoth explanation that is negative exp.

You can see now why this rant topic exists, as well. I have explained negative exp, in words similar to that SEVERAL TIMES in the live global chat. I could fill a book with the characters used to explain, and then argue why it is correct, despite it being backed up by staff everywhere because people simply do not read and are mad because God forbid there is exp grinding in an MMO. [/rant]

Basically, all the players really need to know is "Stop freaking out. Don't panic. Train it off and things will be okay." and that's what's in the game.

G

Please...who's gonna ask for a Pikachu? Everybody is gonna ask for Charmander, although I picked Squirtle ;)