people geting baan for some bug happen in game

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
genrally 99% of the people dont read the rules of the game
and because of this they get baan
if some problem has occured in game and we are utilizing it for profit then its not our mistake . u guys must not wait for the people to utilize this bug and make him baan instead u must immidieatly make the server locked and try to solve the problem
if the staf is not available at the time of this bug occured then u mus warn in pwo map itself that this bug has happen and the player utilizing it will be banned ..
but u guys are just waiting for the people to utilize the bug and make him baan

i kindly request u guys to unbaan all players who have utilize this bug for their profit after the issue of of bug is cleared !!!!

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Somehow you're 100 % right... What he says makes a lot of sense. (Y

EDIT* I'm not agree with what you said about reading and not reading the rules, but the newbies should have been warned about this, otherwise we will see lots of banned accounts because of this.

pitufa

Banned
easy in the past u can use golem to train and now its a bug poor people..

mad30

Youngster
Are you referring to a specific bug?

Please remember we are not a full time staff and we don't have the ability to cease everything we are doing to work on pwo.

Also, there has been many bugs that have gone unnoticed by the staff.

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
mad30 said:

Please remember we are not a full time staff and we don't have the ability to cease everything we are doing to work on pwo.

i know u are not a full time staff .. but when u notice that there is a bug then u must warn in pwo maps
i was reffering to a bug which give more xp aagin and again and because of which my friend which was a newbiee got baaan :(

mad30

Youngster
sagarpatel740 said:
mad30 said:

i know u are not a full time staff .. but when u notice that there is a bug then u must warn in pwo maps
i was reffering to a bug which give more xp aagin and again and because of which my friend which was a newbiee got baaan :(
Warning people might just make more people aware, which in return may create more people absuing the bug.

Is it that hard to think like this
1) Did i find a thing that does something unintended?
2) Does this thing give me a benefit that I shouldn't have?
3) Would the staff not want me to do this?

If answer yes, why would you continue to do it without asking if you should? This is what it seems like how SOME players think

1) Did i find something that doesn't work as expected
3) How do I maximize this to the fullest for my gain?

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
mad30 said:
sagarpatel740 said:
mad30 said:

Warning people might just make more people aware, which in return may create more people absuing the bug.

Is it that hard to think like this
1) Did i find a thing that does something unintended?
3) Would the staff not want me to do this?

If answer yes, why would you continue to do it without asking if you should? This is what it seems like how SOME players think

1) Did i find something that doesn't work as expected
3) How do I maximize this to the fullest for my gain?

Hmm yea but you're right and wrong at the same time!

There are young players playing this game, a lot of them, you can't expect any kind of rationalization from them... And that's what came to my mind when I first saw this topic...

mad30

Youngster
Of course mati. As I am not a GM I do not feel at liberty to decide what should be done in these situations I just wanted to point out going 'HEY THIS BUG WHERE YOU DO THIS AND THIS TO GET THIS" in game would be a bad idea.

Like all things, discretion should be used.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The XP glitch has been around for a long time and if they had of been able to fix it they would have. Should they announce loudly to everyone how to do the exploit? It is an obvious exploit and anyone gaining on in for money daycaring especially I believe have no excuses. I fail to see how anyone can think that gaining far more experience than is usual for a battle is not a glitch. And knowing it's a glitch it's your obligation to report it, not to actively keep using it. That's not just rules that's common sense.

There will always be a chance of exploitable bugs in a badly coded beta game such as this one. Of course if it's possible they will take action to stop any chance of these glitches being abused when they find out about them. They did as much with the duplication glitch by removing item trading completely from the game- in spite of the outcry against that happening. But there are also many glitches that admins and even the temp devs we've had over the years have not been able to fix. It doesn't mean people should be able to cry innocent when they are taking advantage of them.

I don't believe the staff ignore anything like this at all. And they do make the changes they are able to, when they are able to. You may find one of those has already happened in regards to this particular bug as well.

Merse

Youngster
As the Latin says "Ignorantia iuris non excusat". Translated: Not knowing the law is not an excuse.
Especially in the case of veterans, who played many hours. For example ashudelta who played for more than one year, still he states that he didn't know that he's exploiting a bug when he gained mass XP. That's the main reason why players get banned nowadays. The first 3 questions of new players are about XP/leveling on the help channel. So 90% of the players MUST HAVE known that something is fishy there. Just because they were lazy and they didn't read the rules, and they thought they can get away with exploiting a bug, they shouldn't be pardoned.
All the staff could do is to make the players read the rules when they register, or make an NPC on the starter island who warns them about the consequences. If they didn't read what he said, then sorry, it's their problem again.

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
merse i totally agree with u .
i think pwo staff must do something for newbiee like
whenever newbiee starts playing this game and when they log to pwo maps then there must be a quest in which they will ask some question based on pwo rules
i think this will make many newbiees to read the rules purposely

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Actually this was part of the original Dragon's Den quest. As an experienced player one of the tasks was to find a new player and get them to read the rules and answer questions regarding them. After the dratini skin it was one of the things players complained most about doing and those complaints were no doubt one of the reasons those newbie helping tasks were removed.

Fact is though if you put a questionaire about the rules on Starter Island a lot of people will just spam the answers until they get them right and be none the wiser later on anyway.

And how are staff supposed to tell the difference between people who made a mistake and are genuinely sorry and those that pretend to be sorry in the hopes of getting away with their deliberate cheating?

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
HitmonFonty said:
Fact is though if you put a questionaire about the rules on Starter Island a lot of people will just spam the answers until they get them right and be none the wiser later on anyway.

u say true but staff can make them purposely read the rules
like in dd quest if u gave the worng ans of riddle u have to wait for 2 hours in game
in the same manner u can put the questionaire quest before the 1 gym
the reason that it must be before the first gym and not the starter island is that if in case u give wrong answer then u can just pass the time in looking pokes in viridian forest
this must also be put that if u dont do this quest then u cant be able to fight with brock ^-^ think abt this ..!

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Sagar, if I remember correctly, you made a topic about this and said they must be punished or something. Why the sudden change of heart?

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
Pansy said:
Sagar, if I remember correctly, you made a topic about this and said they must be punished or something. Why the sudden change of heart?
after reading the post of hitmonfonty , mad30,mati and all came to the conclusion that u guys are correct because some peolple knowing the rue also took the advantage.
but there are also many people didnt knowing the rule and were banned
for those people i really request u took make a quest based on rules of pwo because gennrally almost all people never read the rules .. even after 1 month of playing people i read the rules ..

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Here is my take on this.

The players are beta testers to this game. They are here to report things for us to fix/suggest improvements. That is their single task, and it is their most important one.

By signing up to this game, they agreed to specific terms and are expected to follow them. Furthermore, there are set up consequences for those that don't.
It is not our fault they did not bother to read those agreements. Would you like a GM to unban everyone that was botting or cussing because they "didn't know" it was against the rules? How can you even know for sure that they aren't lying about that, anyway? :[

If a person cannot follow rules and ignores the base reason they are allowed to play this game, why on earth should we let them stay?
Would you be saying the same thing if somebody found a way to duplicate money? (That has happened, btw). I'd say likely not; you'd be calling out for blood because the economy is ruined.
It doesn't matter how small it is, if we don't know about it and it gives players advantages over eachother, it should be REPORTED IMMEDIATELY instead of taken advantage of.

Just my two cents. If people cannot accept that, then they're joining in on the wrong project. :L

Kaiko

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
Here is my take on this.

The players are beta testers to this game. They are here to report things for us to fix/suggest improvements. That is their single task, and it is their most important one.

By signing up to this game, they agreed to specific terms and are expected to follow them. Furthermore, there are set up consequences for those that don't.
It is not our fault they did not bother to read those agreements. Would you like a GM to unban everyone that was botting or cussing because they "didn't know" it was against the rules? How can you even know for sure that they aren't lying about that, anyway? :[

If a person cannot follow rules and ignores the base reason they are allowed to play this game, why on earth should we let them stay?
Would you be saying the same thing if somebody found a way to duplicate money? (That has happened, btw). I'd say likely not; you'd be calling out for blood because the economy is ruined.
It doesn't matter how small it is, if we don't know about it and it gives players advantages over eachother, it should be REPORTED IMMEDIATELY instead of taken advantage of.

Just my two cents. If people cannot accept that, then they're joining in on the wrong project. :L

I agree on this completely Zeb. :p

Merse

Youngster
sagarpatel740 said:
merse i totally agree with u .
i think pwo staff must do something for newbiee like
whenever newbiee starts playing this game and when they log to pwo maps then there must be a quest in which they will ask some question based on pwo rules
i think this will make many newbiees to read the rules purposely
Just to clarify: I said those players HAVE TO BE PUNISHED who exploited bugs.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Surely those players making money on this bug should be punished, maybe not a PERMANENT ban, but punished nonetheless. I do however think if a person was using it to level their own Pokemon it's not that big of a deal. That being said...it should be fixed if the staff finds it so reprehensible they see the need to ban dedicated members like _darkshadow_. Maybe more important things should be focused on such as scamming, token issues, and botting. I think a month long ban would be more than enough to punish these players. Just my opinion.

Merse

Youngster
Players got millions with daycaring Pokes to 99 in 1 hour.