Outrage and Thrash

HOF69

So the primary point of this topic is to point out the ridiculously high miss rate of Outrage, which is supposed to have 95% accuracy. Speaking from personal experience and after listening to what other players have said about the move, either it's accuracy is not as advertised or something else is amiss.

However, regardless of what it's doing now, my recommendation would be to change both Outrage and Thrash to 100 base power and 100% accuracy. It just seems silly to have these two moves set to 95% accuracy when neither move is able to miss in the real games. Both moves are 120 power in the games, but have nasty side effects that do not exist in PWO, which prompted the need for them to be nerfed. They currently stand at 105 power, and while I'd be fine with keeping this, I'm not sure that everyone would agree with raising the accuracy but keeping the power the same. As such, I propose that Outrage and Thrash be changed to 100 power and 100% accuracy.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Agreed, it's very irritating when something happens which is not supposed to. This is one of those cases, and despite the side effects of these moves, I really think 95-100 power is reasonable to compensate for the lack of those side effects if we were to have 100% accuracy.

Tendou

I dont agree with that considering how outrage is OP on PWO and now lots of pokemons are able to use it as move tutor. Outrage only grants you good points. It was previously 100% acc but 95 power considering it was a waay more OP in past.

I would agree for a 100% acc if it confuses you after its usage cause it is how it needs to be.

Plus if you dont like an instant confusion after the usage its power can be decreased to 40 making you hits 3 times in a row (a guaranteed 2 times hit move plus the third would have something like 80% hit chance) and confusing at the end cause thats how IT IS need to work instead buffing up everything to 100% just why it is missing and letting it OP, thats why it isnt a guarantee hit on PWO cause there is no accurace debuff moves working to counter it yet.

Same thing applies for Thrash.

Nikola

Youngster
Making it's accuracy to be 100% leaving output power the same would be my suggestion. If you touch output power you will be only making them more vulnerable because they will fail to faint several more Pokemon using one or two outrages, simply undoing what was previously done such as nerfing Snorlax while making arcanine more dominant. Even now my dragonite tends to tank another dragonite or salamence...100% accuracy and current power, that is my suggestion.

HOF69

Bumping this again in order to drive the point home. The 95% accuracy of these two moves is completely absurd.

DMleev

I would like to see 105 base power to Petal Dance. I do not understand why it has a base power of 95.
I thought the base powers were according to the fourth generation, the lack with no confusion and
no multi-moving but aren't. I don't see a reason to the different base power between Petal Dance and
Outrage.It's unfair with grass type pokemon when Solarbeam will always hit after the target moves.

P.S: Both have the same accuracy.

HOF69

I've never used Petal Dance in battles before DMleev, but you make an excellent point. Petal Dance normally has a base power of 120 like Thrash and Outrage, but unlike those two moves, Petal Dance's power was never increased to 105 (most likely because it's so rarely used that it escaped the attention of most players). I believe you can add Petal Dance to this list; make all three moves 100 power and 100% accuracy in my opinion.

Mastergam

I would love that revised these moves, many grass type Pokémon are useless solar nerfed, many of them do not hold up one atk to use solar power, Grass Pokémon are not tank if you continue to do it soon will be unusable ... I agree with my DM friend, so many moves with 100-110-120-130-140 of power with side effects that are normally used here and no collateral damage and a simple move like petal, solar, outrage and trash are doing this do not understand ... because they help each Pokémon and disrupt others.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Not every special based grass type learns petal dance though and most of those who do aren't really that useful tbh. If the idea is to give grass types that were hurt by the balancing of solarbeam a fighting chance, then perhaps the inclusion of the tm for energy ball wouldn't be such a bad idea.

DMleev

And you still talking about useful things...

Really wouldn't be a bad idea including the TM Energy Ball.

HOF69

I really hate to do this, but I have to bump this again to get some attention. It's beyond ridiculous how much Outrage misses for a "95%" accurate move (on average, once every 7 or so tries), and I know I'm not the only one that's noticed this. I've seen other players complain about its horrible accuracy as well, and it needs to be fixed.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You're not being ignored. As you will notice there were many updates with the latest client, and hopefully more to come soon. Not just un-nerfing but with any luck making the above moves, among others, work as intended.

HOF69

Sorry if that came off a little harsh. I don't believe I'm being ignored, and I appreciate all of the recent updates. I just find that sometimes the best updates are the small ones.

HOF69

Going to have to bump this again, seeing as how Outrage remains the most absurd move in the game. It's missing on average 10% of the time, at best. For example, in the battle I just had, Outrage missed a total of three times out of nine tries between me and my opponent (that's a 33% miss rate); there is no way a 95% accurate move should be missing that often. Moreover, it's not like this was an extremely rare occurrence. This is happening a LOT, and it needs to be changed. I'm sorry if I sound a little irritated, but this has reached the boiling point with me.

Zywa-Torpeda

This topic wasn't bumped in a while, so... I would like to see Outrage hit every time, as now it happened to me several times it missed(!) 3 times(!) in a row(!). Is that normal? Do something about next time Shane, or anyone who can...Please guys...

I.Am

Bumping this one. I agreed with his idea. Outrage should have 100 accuracy but the base power remains 105. :)