Outrage and other moves' suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I want to start by saying thanks for the inclusion of an outrage move tutor in pwo. However I found it a little disappointing that only Arcanine is able to learn it since the way I see it other pokemon able to learn it could benefit from it to be usable battle wise (some of the picks are already popular currently but would have more choices for movesets). I'll be writing down pokemon able to learn it and leaving in bold those who could possibly see some use in battle due to it (my criteria on the pokes chosen is based on those that can learn outrage via move tutor on the handhelds).

Venusaur (mixed thoughts regarding this one), Charizard, Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Primeape, Marowak, Rhydon, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras (would get a decent way of damaging other water types), Snorlax (though if we consider the influence it already has on the current metagame it might not be such a good idea unless moves that make fighting types viable are added), Meganium, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Kingdra (reluctant on this one due to it's access to both agility and dragon dance), Tyranitar, Sceptile, Swampert, Exploud, Aggron, Flygon, Altaria, Tropius, Salamence (could be able to make a return to the battle scene and since it lacks boosting moves there wouldn't be the risk of it becoming 'broken' like drago is), Abomasnow.

Now some of the examples stated here, namely Tauros and Primeape would need to see a few tms being released to be considered viable choices. A tm that could benefit both of them is stone edge/rock slide. This would also allow fighting other fighting types to be considered as they would no longer be completely helpless against drago. Also, the way I see it Tauros could benefit from the inclusion of earthquake (like many other pokemon would) and wild charge (wild charge would also allow rapidash not to be completely useless when facing water types, as it is a move that makes use of it's attack stat).

Moving on to pokes that have nothing to do with outrage, I see energy ball and focus blast being 2 important moves for Gengar and Alakazam. For starters it would allow them not to be helpless against their main counter (ttar) but would also be able to provide more coverage options.

Thunderbolt and flamethrower would also be moves that would bring some more balance to pwo as they not only would bring more options moveset wise (therefore sets could become a little more difficult to predict) as they would also be able to prevent scizor from boosting, this related to flamethrower.

Lastly I'd like to mention how moves like thunder wave and will o wisp could gain relevance in pwo if burn and paralyzis would work like they do on the handhelds, working as means of support but also having the possibility of rendering boosting useless.

I'm not expecting all of this to be implemented in one go. I'm just giving my two cents on what actually could improve the battle system imo. Also I'd like to hear some feedback from other players regarding these ideas of mine.

pieoffury

I agree with this. If outrage is meant to counter dragonite boosting, it does that but also makes arcanine a MUCH better battler by lessening the possible counters to it such as kingdra.

For me, we should have a wider variety of available TMs. By this, I mean a TM for each type. We have dragonclaw (dragon), solarbeam (grass), sludgebomb (poison), psyshock (psychic), dreameater (psyschic), shadowball (ghost), icebeam (ice), and echoedvoice (normal). I think the TMs that should be added are earthquake (ground), flamethrower (fire), and thunderbolt (electric) at the very least and not outrage and possibly dragonpulse (says it's a tm in kingdra's moveset in wiki)

I know not every poke could learn these and that they could learn other moves with the same type (for example, arcanine cant learn dragonclaw but can learn outrage) but having a TM for each type would mean more pokemons that could be good in battles and used in battles. From the battles I've had and seen, I don't see a variety of what teams are composed of. A variety of TMs could end up to more pokemons that could do well in battles ;D

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
I don't agree with the implementation of Outrage as a TM, Growlithe learns it , but the others you named are supposed to learn it if you use the TM. You seem (not you, most of you) to be wrong when you think things, because you think and you put your ideas for the present without thinking in the future, Pwo has many things that should be changed, fixed and/or implemented, something I'd love to see would be Solar beam charging int he 1st turn, OUTRAGE getting yourself confused after a few turns, hyper beam charging in the 2nd turn, etc. 1 Pokemon shouldn't be something to worry about (exept Slaking lol)... I do agree with the suggestion of Flamethrower/thunderbolt being implemented, a pack of special and physical moves would be awesome and will add a very good point in the battle scene:

Special moves:

Flamethrower
Ice beam (added)
Thunderbolt
Brine
Dragon Pulse

Physical moves:

ICe punch
Fire punch
Thunder punch
Waterfall
Seed bomb

Just throwing a few .

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Trust me, suggestions I'd want to make to suit my battling style better aren't possible atm. And it is also because of possible limitations that I didn't suggest a fully working hidden power. I know things aren't perfect with some moves as they are now but even if those moves were to be fixed without addition of new ones the number of pokemon viable for battle would more than likely decrease. The ideas I presented here were more of a short/medium run idea. Also as of gen 5 nor dragon pulse nor brine are tms. Seed bomb never was a tm (not sure if it can be learned via move tutor on the handhelds). And the idea of a move tutor for elemental punches would be nice, I'll give you that.

Tendou

It wasnt a good idea adding outrage as TM now after its power update (from 95 to 105) also making only 1 poke to learn something isn't a good thing as well, unless it is a signature move. I really can't tell you what the rights TMs to be added but i can tell you we need balance the special and psychical tms in game, also TM status like toxic or Swagger isn't a bad idea but outrage came too early considering the release date for TMs in pwo and its dmg/acc plus how it affects the pvp battles.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
While I agree, I think it's a little premature to be disappointed because only Arca can learn a tutor move. I'm sure that just like TMs, they will be released gradually to reward players and keep the battle scene changing. I wouldn't get your hopes up that one update will include more than one or two TMs at a time, or one tutor move at a time. One possibility is that one NPC is needed per move/per pokemon, and this was the first of more to come, we never know.

HOF69

There are certainly a lot of things I would like to see in PWO, but at the same time I realize that we can't always have what we want. For now I'd like to make one small suggestion regarding Outrage the move itself: increase its accuracy to 100%, but decrease its power to 100. At 100 power, the move is still powerful and competitive, and may even give Pokemon with very high HP or defense a chance (not a guarantee) to tank 2 Outrages. More importantly, I think I can speak for the entire PWO battling community when I say that missing Outrage has to be the single most annoying move to miss in the entire game. I realize the need to keep its power nerfed since its side effects aren't working, but Outrage has also always been 100% accurate in the games. I feel that much can at least be reflected in PWO.

Tendou

Well speaking of outrage once again, there were so many tms that would balance the battle even against dragon types, and im not talking about dmg dealing moves. I still think the tutor quest would be able to teach it to only 1 growlithe as it isnt a TM buying, it is a tutor teaching. We knows quests can be completed only once so to balance the opness Arca is now due solarbeam teaching it to only 1 grow would fit it better.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
still would like to see dragon pulse for sceptile as a tutor move, and earthquake released O:)

Status
Not open for further replies.