Old Pwo Player/new Account + Adventure Progress.

A

apocolips

junktalk said:
Glad you bumped I was wanting to play some pwo after a few months of not, so I redownload it since my updater never seems to work and I see the servers up, once I finnaly figure out my account details, the server shuts down -.- im like yep its pwo.  So i went on the forum read a few things, and Now finished reading this and it was quite entertaining but now the threads over and pwo isn't up so now Im bored, so Vaux i vote you keep this going once you can again, This thread really wanted me to play again even with the servers being down at inconvenient times.  And I believe unless they made them untrade able I have an extra santa hat I might be able to get ya

D

dracoattacker

Hmm... Not edited since November 06... And Vaux was active on 25th before he disappeared... Mystery's, mystery's and more mystery's!

P

Pwncess

dracoattacker said:
Hmm... Not edited since November 06... And Vaux was active on 25th before he disappeared... Mystery's, mystery's and more mystery's!

If you read a few posts back, you'll see they've got some personal stuff going on that is preventing them from playing/posting.
Life happens and those of us who are fans of others work just have to have patience.
:)

Hope all is going well Vaux and we get an update on how things are going soon.

joevw007

hows it going man? i'm a player of the old PWO as well! started playing with this account about 4 years ago id say? weird seeing what PWO has become right? used to be so quiet and the GMs took themselves much less seriously lol. now everyone is hyped like PWO is their crack and they dont care enough to even moderately take care of donations =\. well good luck with your progress and I hope you enjoy what the game has become!

G

Vaux is bacckkkkk. Awwww yeah. okay, before we get started on this adventure log again - I have to note a few things, that is IF anyone that plays these days remembers me from back when this started.

--I will not be playing every day. I have a job that has me up at 4:30am every single morning and I could easily be out of the house til 6pm or so at night, making playing that day impossible. other days, my wife goes to work and I get home early, so I can play for a few hours. Anywho, just don't expect an update every day. there's the jist of it.
--I am still trying to figure out a way to give out the 6 or so shinies I've found that are sitting in my PC. do not whisper me about them unless it's about a fun way to give them away. the only thing I'm known for it giving out money, which I don't mind doing at all.
--Finally, I will probably be going much faster through the badges and whatnot than I did before, since I no longer have a rival that I have to stay in the same level range of (that would be you Carolyn, but for some reason your name has vanished from my friends list and all of our PMs on here too are just gone. no idea what could have happened, unless you got banned, but who would ban Carolyn, honestly? she was very nice to everybody.)

Currently, fishing in vermillion city just for random exp while I work on a couple of other things on my computer. Would like to get to 50 fishing sometime this week. Feel free to PM me, as I am always up for a decent comversation, as well as having a few questions to ask about the current state of PWO.

Kaiko

Youngster
Vaux said:
Vaux is bacckkkkk. Awwww yeah. okay, before we get started on this adventure log again - I have to note a few things, that is IF anyone that plays these days remembers me from back when this started.

--I will not be playing every day. I have a job that has me up at 4:30am every single morning and I could easily be out of the house til 6pm or so at night, making playing that day impossible. other days, my wife goes to work and I get home early, so I can play for a few hours. Anywho, just don't expect an update every day. there's the jist of it.
--I am still trying to figure out a way to give out the 6 or so shinies I've found that are sitting in my PC. do not whisper me about them unless it's about a fun way to give them away. the only thing I'm known for it giving out money, which I don't mind doing at all.
--Finally, I will probably be going much faster through the badges and whatnot than I did before, since I no longer have a rival that I have to stay in the same level range of (that would be you Carolyn, but for some reason your name has vanished from my friends list and all of our PMs on here too are just gone. no idea what could have happened, unless you got banned, but who would ban Carolyn, honestly? she was very nice to everybody.)

Currently, fishing in vermillion city just for random exp while I work on a couple of other things on my computer. Would like to get to 50 fishing sometime this week. Feel free to PM me, as I am always up for a decent comversation, as well as having a few questions to ask about the current state of PWO.

Welcome back. :)

risefromruins

Youngster
In regards to Carolyn, her Carolyn acc was banned (details not important) and she did not wish to continue playing anymore due to that.

G

risefromruins said:
In regards to Carolyn, her Carolyn acc was banned (details not important) and she did not wish to continue playing anymore due to that.

That is such a bummer. I understand the details shouldn't be discussed here, but I only hope she wasn't banned for having multiple accounts on the same IP. she really wanted her daughter to get into the game that she had so much fun playing. she actually told me that quite a few times, even made her an account and everything. BUT, what's done is done, no matter how bad I feel about it.

Also, nice to see you're a Community Guide rise AKA Dr helpsalot. You deserve that pokeball. I haven't been around in months but your name is one of the few that I remember, and that is saying something. Thanks for the info on Carolyn too. she will be missed.

G

Hey everyone.

I will be on for a few hours today, starting now. Probably getting 1-2 badges today, just to keep up progress, then back to fishing til 50. I got my membership renewed from some tokens I still had from when I use to play a lot. So let's hope for some shinies today! I would especially like a krabby or horsea. but any shiny is a nice shiny.

I am ALWAYS up for a nice chat with anyone who wants to PM me. so feel free if you're bored or need help or anything. Vaux is here to serve.

EDIT: Also, I will be replacing Spiritomb with Machamp for my main team. Spiritomb's exp is majorly bugged and it grows a level after every wild battle, so i'm taking it out for one of my old team members.

G

Beat Sabrina and got my pokes all a decent few levels (4-7 each) before going to battle her. She was very easy to say the least, I swept her with my Alakazam. I only sent it out originally to see what her first pokemon would be, but that's how it ended up. I will be off for most if not all of tomorrow, but friday and saturday I'll be on, and I hope to get all 8 kanto badges along with 50 fishing by saturday. I can't wait honestly, but tomorrow I shall be home spending time with my wife, since we are both off of work, and that doesn't happen often.

We have started watching the pokemon anime from episode 1, a few episodes a night with dinner, and we are in the 110's somewhere, about to start johto. We are very much enjoying it. So maybe... just maybe, I can get her to try playing here again.

Main team question: there is one transition I'd like to make in place of Snorlax. If someone can guess what it is, or can make a better suggestion of something to use, I will give them a shiny. Post possible answers here if you want. I have no idea if anyone will even try to do this, as I'm not as popular as I was before. heh. See ya guys!

MrFlare2

Youngster
Well you could try using a Tauros with the moveset
Thrash, Work Up, Payback, and Swagger (Only if you have no other option)

and i can give you a tauros if you want one, i got like 5. :p

G

Just got home from work. yay fridays. I will be getting online shortly to get some much needed training/hunting/gym leadering/fishing done.

I have decided to make a change to my snorlax switch. I was going to find a Kangaskahn to use over Snorlax, even though I prefer Snorlax stat wise and move wise. BUT, while training on wednesday, I found and caught a shiny Grimer, which until just a little while ago I was planning on giving away, but I have honestly never used a Grimer/Muk in a full playthrough of any pokemon game except once in I think sapphire, which I quit that particular save after the 5th badge. So using a Muk would be exciting. The only thing is, that adds a third psychic weakness to my team, while taking Snorlax out takes away my three fighting weaknesses. I do realize that I would lose to any decent psychic trainer with my current team, but that's not going to stop me from using it. It is actually a very good team for the Johto gyms.

As always, anyone who wants to chat is more than welcome to PM me, as I love to chat it up while playing (this goes to you too CG's/GM's/Admins/new players/vets/guys/girls/ANYONE.) even if it's just a good luck post. I haven't talked to too many people since coming back except a couple of nice fellows that I talk with regularly now, along with owing one of them a Cubone as soon as he can trade. heh. I may even offer you free pokes/money if I think you need it. okay rambling. gonna go make some food then I'll be online. if anyone is even reading all of this... maybe I shouldn't talk so much. ayeeee.

EDIT: @Flare, yeah Tauros definitely crossed my mind, since I was looking for something from the safari zone, but I don't want anything too common to replace such a rare HR. so I thought a kanga or a shiny would be nice.

G

Talked to a few different people tonight, t'was fun. Also got my last two Kanto badges and got my team to between 46 and 48. I guess next would be the johto gyms? hmm. we'll see! tomorrow I will be starting my Johto Journey (<--- like the anime "Pokemon: the Johto Journeys" weeheeeeee.)

What I would like to do is replace a few of my main team with Johto pokemon, but I don't see that really happening.

My one question for whoever happens to read this (which doesn't seem like anyone, heh. you readers should make a post or something... or should I just stop this thread? I dunno.)...
Anywho, the question is, since I'm doing Johto second, does that make ALL of the trainers in Johto harder (like having level 40-50 stuff,) or is that just gym trainers and gym leaders?

Have a nice niiiiiighttt! update inc.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Yep, johto will be harder. In fact, Claire will have level 80-90s. xO

You'll want something that knows icebeam.