old player, possible reconciliation from glitch

Electrofreak

This is Electrofreak. I played this game back in the day A LOT, after my mom died. It was my escape. I quit this game around the time there was a shiny charmander auction. I had 2.4-2.6 billion (forget exactly how much), and was within the top 3 richest players in game money wise. I wanted to win that shiny charmander. To my dismay however, my money was RESET TO 0, and obviously I was upset as I had sold nearly everything I had to get that money, including my HR shiny forretress.

I had attempted to talk to staff in the past, to which I was basically told too bad screw off. I promptly quit the game afterwards. I have attempted to come back once, but could not since I was entirely screwed and refused to start over. I would like to make a return, to the game that I love, but as of now I cannot.

This is a request for some sort of compensation. The auction only occured as a staff sanctioned one, as a money sink to drain some within the game. I was definitely within the top 3 richest as only 2 or 3 others at the time had gotten reset. Obviously, I am not stupid and trying to get 2.6 billion back, as that would break the game. I am simply asking, that I may be compensated for the glitch in some way, shape, or form, so that I can come back to this game without some salty taste in my mouth.

I was on another game, and ironically ran into one of your old sprite staff team, who I will keep anonymous. I told this person who I was and he/she flipped out because he/she remembered me from a private staff conversation. It was discussing the money resets and about how there was to be no compensation.

This is my plea to be able to return and enjoy a game that was my haven after my mom died. I enjoyed it here despite some of the crap that went on. This is not some butthurt response years later, but a simple request for acknowledgement on behalf of staff that they do care about their players. Three or four years ago when this occured, I was literally laughed at by some of the mods. If the staff has changed at all, please contact me, because I would like to return. I hope that you find it within your hearts to at least speak to me on this matter.

Best regards,

ign: Electrofreak

Arnie

just for reference it was 2.47bn, and no i wasnt one of the MODs who basically took the piss, although i was the most active 'pseudo' staff member at the time

Electrofreak

Ok thank you arnie! That makes 2 staff members now that can confirm. The first was an ex graphic dev.

Edit: I can supply the name of the person to an adm if that somehow is necessary, but I do not wish to call someone out to the general public on forum unless they volunteer it.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Right, so you quit due to this 'glitch' which was 3-4 years ago and have never signed in since?

Zywa-Torpeda

Well Arnie said he was never a staff, so you still got one old staff member on you side. You probably wont get it back though, but you can always start again, i know its hard, but some people does that and enjoy even more. Wish you best though :)

PS : Now you can buy S Char for 60-150m, but with worse ivs, 15+.

Electrofreak

Bluerise said:
Right, so you quit due to this 'glitch' which was 3-4 years ago and have never signed in since?

I have logged in a few times sparsely throughout the years. There was one period where I tried to pick up the game again and just couldn't find myself doing it for long periods of time. The only reason is constantly in my head I had the thought of "they don't even care, why support this?" as well as the fact I would be spending my time trying to get a team back that I lost in trying to get that shiny char.

I was staff on a few games myself so I understand the view that 99% of the posts that come through here are pleas for free stuff for no reason. I don't expect you to do anything really. It was just something I posted since my friend said maybe they might help fix it now. It was something done with a "well...here's to hoping" sort of attitude.

If the answer is no, I will just drop this here and move on. I might try to pick it up again, but it will probably fail. This might sound entirely stupid to you, but this game was my life for a few years. This game was my coping mechanism in a very rough time in my life and I am thankful for that, but after the incident then it made it near impossible to play without getting depressed over the very thing that made me happy.

Again, I do not expect anything out of you or anyone here. This is purely "here's to hoping" that something changed and what happened can at least be somewhat fixed. I am by no means expecting 2.47B back. I am not expecting a char. I am just hoping that I can get some form of compassion that I have felt towards this game even after that incident.

As I said, I know most of the posts you deal with is complete nonsense, so I understand entirely that nothing will probably be done. I am pretty much throwing myself at your mercy here. After however many years since quitting, I STILL can't let this go since I have such an emotional attachment to the game. I said some things about it with an upset nature at times and it is something that just won't go away. I guess I just need closure of some kind so I can either move on, or play this game fervently like I did before.

Also by 'glitch' , I am aware it is the limitation of Java now. I didn't know back then.

Best regards,
Electrofreak

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
The problem we have here is there is no evidence to go based. There appears to be no forum topics regarding it and the staff member you're likely referring to is not around anymore (nor do I even recall them getting involved in these types of matter).

Saurus

Banned
I wanted to type something but this conversation seems a bit personal.

Electrofreak

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Well Arnie said he was never a staff, so you still got one old staff member on you side. You probably wont get it back though, but you can always start again, i know its hard, but some people does that and enjoy even more. Wish you best though :)

I guess I forgot that mods arent considered staff in this game. lol e.e I always considered them sort of staff so I guess thats why I put that.

Arnie

Zywa_Torpeda said:

back then i was the most active MOD, and MODs were still regarded as players (we could still battle/trade and stuff). the old MOD group was the foundations on which the current CG group was based on. and also I later went on to become a GM in training, and then Lead Composer. So to sumarise I have been a staff member, but at that time I wasn't technically.

as I recall electro wasn't the only one to lose money, Red and a few other people also went over 2.47bn and money glitched on them too.

The reason as to there probably being no topics on this as it did happen several years ago back before we had the 1.0 client (shane was just starting out) and didnt we have serveral forum changes since then?

Electrofreak

Bluerise said:
The problem we have here is there is no evidence to go based. There appears to be no forum topics regarding it and the staff member you're likely referring to is not around anymore (nor do I even recall them getting involved in these types of matter).

The problem with evidence, is that my money reset to 0 so I had no way of screenshotting it back then. I tried to talk to staff and was asked for evidence that was literally impossible to give. However, apparently they had information on it at the time. I am guessing whoever was on staff then just did not care enough.