offline every day at this time?

Linkslash

why does the server go off every day at this time? =/

is that a daily maintenance or something?

InvisibleMonsters

meh yeah, i noticed that too. between about 9 PM - 12 AM EST it goes offline. kind of boring when you stay up late but what can you do? admins/devs gotta sleep too~

Mangos

Yea after arount 10pm est if its down its not comin back all night lol. Just give em time, theyll figure it out.

Merse

Youngster
It's more frustrating in Europe. You wake up at 8 ready to catch that shiny HR and you have to wait till afternoon :D
But I'm not frustrated about that. It is know that the server has to be rebooted manually by the developers. But they are people too, they are working on this game in their free time. I was developing computer games as well, I know how demanding it can be. At least in Sunday they deserve a free night/afternoon :)

G

Yeah all this downtime has been at inconvenient times cause im from Europe, always seems to happen when im ready to play.

G

Yea i have EST time like its 6am here and says server offline can u guys help me to tell me when times for est it will be up? thanks :)

Naero

The server is always prone to random crashes throughout the day. Some hours it has a better tendency to be online because there are usually active members of the administration to restart it at different times; other times, the game experiences prolonged periods of downtime due to the most active Administrators being asleep - such was the case for the last several hours. Those staff members with the administrative privileges needed to restart the server can usually do so instantly if they're around when a random crash occurs, but if they aren't, the downtime is extended.

Furthering my point of them not being available around this time, it rarely undergoes maintenance at these "afterhours", and even if you're theorizing that such is the case, other sources can still confirm it; the twitter and this thread typically being where the news comes first.

If the game is down, and no reason for acknowledgment of it being so on Twitter or here is made - the game has most likely crashed and is awaiting an Admin or Dev to restart it.

Also, since random crashes can occur at any time without prior warning, and since the personal schedules of Admins/Developers is subject to change, it's impossible to have any firm prediction on a timetable for the uptime/downtime.

Umpic

kodykins said:
thanks for the help, just sucks don't know the times :/
Hmm, that is actually a pretty good idea. A regular updated topic, where downtime is announced and motives explained would be a great addition to this forum. :D

Faabz.

Youngster
Umpic said:
kodykins said:
Hmm, that is actually a pretty good idea. A regular updated topic, where downtime is announced and motives explained would be a great addition to this forum. :D

Wpuld like to see that too sometimes i just think it's my internet connection lol

Ragus

If only there was a working auto reboot that would be awsome.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Umpic said:
kodykins said:
Any planned downtime is noted on forums or Twitter.