(O_O) ~In search for the root of the problem~ (O_O)

nemo55

“DEAD GAME”

Why am I hearing this? Why am I willing to say this?

Simply put, guild chats have died. People who you grow to know leave because there is no ultimate goal in PWO. WE NEED something to motivate players and for them to have a sense of accomplishment. I can’t stress enough how much a yearly Official Tournament is important to keep a lot of the players lingering around in the community. It will ultimately give us a sense of purpose. We also need a reward system for pokedex data. This too will give people a shot at sticking around to “catch em all”. Become the ultimate “PokeMaster”.

Also giving guilds some more support, more significance. I myself do a lot of things to support my guild and am almost always willing to do things to make the community better. We all know the players that stay in PWO the longest are/were part of some type of guild in the past or present. Seeing my fellow guild mates leave because I cannot support the excitement a guild needs, hurts me. When I come to a point of cross-roads at giving up and multiple other leaders of current guilds decide to quit, this then truly does scare me. What if all the leaders of guilds just quit? I bet the community would get flushed down the toilet. Guilds deserve more respect and attention for these reasons..

ALL of these worries I stated above can be scratched out or delayed if darn Hoenn Region would come out already....OR even fix the battle system. Now I know these are big demands I'm asking for and I know you guys are trying to perfect every little aspect of the current 2 regions. But admit it staff. Its going too slow! Super slow! At least throw a distraction like Hoenn region while the perfecting of Kanto and Johto goes on....this way interest in PWO will remain. All these issues really need addressing ASAP to bring back this community to where it should be.

I am aware that updates in PWO from October 2013 till now have been consistent and I’m truly grateful for all this. But most of these are miniscule changes that don’t really change the situation as to why people are leaving or will leave down the road. BLAHHHH!

There is a failure in the system. I won't point fingers and I don't exactly know who is in charge but the root of the problem needs fixing for this game to progress in these issues stated above. That is on the staff to figure out among them selves. I hope this doesn't offend individuals but rather it serves as a wake-up call or something that deserves attention immediately.

I don't even wanna start with what can be done with all the money donated...selfishness is the greatest greed mankind needs to overcome. It is indeed a good feeling to give back to the community in a timely manner...

I truly love this game and wish for it to be where I imagine it to be sooner then later.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
If I had to content-paraphrase, I take it that you — along with the viewpoints of other players — feel as if the game is directionless, much due to the lack of accolades and a competitive, interesting communal/guild culture? It's my understanding that much of the discontentment with the current system is that there's a lack of content to keep one enthralled in the long haul, in addition to the meaningless — as you may opine — global culture of guilds.

What would you suggest to enrich the guild scene? Even if guilds may seem like they've been on the back-burner — often due to other priorities, in addition to awaiting the future Playerdex update (which will feature a batch of improvements to the webpanel for guilds, opening up the door for more in-game guild features) — the guild scene is something that we (staff) have focused on improving.

Desirable gameplay features, which can both improve the global culture of guilds and provide a more zestful element to the game in general (addressing much of the problems you feel with it), are suggestions I'm curious to hear myself.

I know you've mentioned in your post that you entrust us to figure out and rectify the flaws with the system, but part of the problem-solving process — identifying the problem — often requires player input as well; player input on this is often what has given us an efficacious direction to resolving it.

ALL of these worries I stated above can be scratched out or delayed if darn Hoenn Region would come out already....

I understand why Hoenn is desired to at least elongate the existing content we have, but without a more effectual map-creation system to do so (requiring a new client, for it to be developed more stably), focuses on Hoenn altogether wouldn't provide immediate enrichment. I know that correcting the imperfections/incompletions with Kanto and Johto may be considered more nanoscale, compared to a new region in Hoenn, but it is what is much more likely to produce immediate content additions/enrichment. :)

doitkylestyle

There needs to be some form of reward system in place for the 'top guild'. I'm purely in Storm because I like the people in it, we get a long and have a laugh on chat, but in game, I couldn't care less whether I beat a guy from BlaZe etc.
Thats where the problem lies. Im no programmer so I have no idea how hard it would be, but when you right click a persons name to battle, there should be another option, guild battle, or something similar. That could then more effectively record results of guilds and it wouldn't put people off from battling normally with experimental teams etc.
Then, say monthly, there could be money donated into the winning guilds bank or perhaps hand out a limited pokemon to the whole guild (or the players who contributed most within that month). That would entice players to take pride in their guilds colours and actually want to better themselves within it, because, aforementioned, i'm only here for the people within Storm to be honest.

No idea whether thats a good idea or a realistic idea, but its my two cents on the whole matter.

pokearcanine

doitkylestyle said:
There needs to be some form of reward system in place for the 'top guild'. I'm purely in Storm because I like the people in it, we get a long and have a laugh on chat, but in game, I couldn't care less whether I beat a guy from BlaZe etc.
Thats where the problem lies. Im no programmer so I have no idea how hard it would be, but when you right click a persons name to battle, there should be another option, guild battle, or something similar. That could then more effectively record results of guilds and it wouldn't put people off from battling normally with experimental teams etc.
Then, say monthly, there could be money donated into the winning guilds bank or perhaps hand out a limited pokemon to the whole guild (or the players who contributed most within that month). That would entice players to take pride in their guilds colours and actually want to better themselves within it, because, aforementioned, i'm only here for the people within Storm to be honest.

No idea whether thats a good idea or a realistic idea, but its my two cents on the whole matter.
this idea seems pretty good.Each time you win/lose a battle,your guild gets that win/loss also,so the guild can have its own PvP record.after a certain period of time,guild with best pvp record wins some money,lets say 5m each member.That would made guilds more dynamic and would bring up competitivity,and would bring some money back in game,cause honestly the game is out of money,no money is running around,most of it is died on old accounts