No trapinch Dragons Den

KstersSlade

So I finally found and killed dratini :( only to found out that trapinch is no longer in the dragons den. Why was it taken out? Will it be put back in? I think it should becuase finding dratini was alot of work and I kinda want a flygon lol.

psychosamm

Youngster
risefromruins said:
KstersSlade said:
Why was it taken out?

Look at his natural habitat on bulbapedia.

lol yeah because PWO totally goes by how the games are. Houndour in Kanto but not Johto? Makes perfect sense. You need a better reason than that.

Saric

Youngster
psychosamm said:
risefromruins said:
KstersSlade said:
Why was it taken out?

lol yeah because PWO totally goes by how the games are. Houndour in Kanto but not Johto? Makes perfect sense. You need a better reason than that.
Trapinch live in sandy deserts. Trapinch's nest is a deep, inescapable pit dug in the sand.
>sandy deserts
And to be fair houndour wouldn't fit in johto either.
Although Houndour inhabit deep woods, they may also appear near volcanic areas. Their dark fur allows them to blend in at night.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Houndour, in Gen 2, is only found on route 7 (for G/S/C) and Safari Zone (for HG/SS).

So yes, only in kanto.

Dragon's Den is a dank, watery lake area. Trapinch lives in dry desert areas. Trapinch would possibly die under those conditions. ><
Also, Trapinch was replaced...a really long time ago. I'm not sure how you didn't hear about it. D: Sorry that you went through all that trouble for the wrong pokemon, though.

psychosamm

Youngster
Saric said:
psychosamm said:
risefromruins said:
KstersSlade said:
Why was it taken out?

Trapinch live in sandy deserts. Trapinch's nest is a deep, inescapable pit dug in the sand.
>sandy deserts
And to be fair houndour wouldn't fit in johto either.
Although Houndour inhabit deep woods, they may also appear near volcanic areas. Their dark fur allows them to blend in at night.
Deep woods> Ilex Forest

Volcanic Areas> Route 7 is not.

Sure The DD isnt a desert, but one could argue there is indeed sand so they could, in fact, dig a deep pit in the sand. The habitat argument is invalid.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
No. >.<
Houndour appears in PWO exactly where it does in the original Gen 2. :V
The only pokemon that don't appear where they do in the games are like Bagon/3rd gens we tried to fit in the game to make people happy/mixed commons such as spinarak appearing in kanto and johto. Even then, they aren't as misplaced as a Trapinch would be in Dragon's Den.

Trapinch lives in dry, arid, open areas. Dragon's Den is the exact opposite of that.
Dragon's Den is damp, watery, murky, dark, cave-like. It simply does not make sense.

You do not put a lillypad in the middle of a sand dune and expect it to survive.

psychosamm

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
No. >.<
Houndour appears in PWO exactly where it does in the original Gen 2. :V
The only pokemon that don't appear where they do in the games are like Bagon/3rd gens we tried to fit in the game to make people happy/mixed commons such as spinarak appearing in kanto and johto. Even then, they aren't as misplaced as a Trapinch would be in Dragon's Den.

Trapinch lives in dry, arid, open areas. Dragon's Den is the exact opposite of that.
Dragon's Den is damp, watery, murky, dark, cave-like. It simply does not make sense.

You do not put a lillypad in the middle of a sand dune and expect it to survive.
Regardless, unless you guys are planning on making him available in Mt Silver i see no reason to take him out, these are pixels, not actual living creatures. The work it took to take him out benefit no one. Its silly to say "We will add unnatural things to an area." Then say "Lets take this one thing out because its unnatural." its just generally bad logic and reasoning.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I won't deny there are slight spawn contradictions, as not everything within PWO is accurate to the official games. However, by taking these things into consideration, we are doing a sort of quality control.

Yes, you're right in that we could add any spawn we wanted into the game. But you wouldn't throw a pidgey into the middle of an ocean, would you? It's the same concept. We can't always do weird stuff because it's what players want, not that we don't take their wishes into consideration. We didn't just take out Trapinch and go "Lol sorry guys no cool rewards for you. Cause we suck. We didn't put anything you wanted into the den." We instead compromised and added Bagon, something that was arguably even more coveted.

Trapinch made no sense, Bagon did. Sorry that there was disappointment with this change. Honestly it should've just started with BAGON right from the beginning so that people wouldn't get their hopes up. However, it didn't, and the weird environmental matchup was corrected later. In fact, I think it was changed before many (IF any) even had access to the area.

In summary:
Just because people want trapinch doesn't mean we can just throw him into random areas. It's about quality and consideration; creating a world in which you can submerse yourselves as effectively and easily as possible. How can you do that when the spawns contradict themselves constantly? You could possibly get away with that/use that effectively in a new world or concept, but this one is well established. We shouldn't just go "Lol screw the well thought out, original, and professional designs of the franchise" just because people want a certain spawn. :L

And sorry if I seem rude, I'm just wording stuff as efficiently as I can. XD Debating is in my blood.

risefromruins

Youngster
So right now the argument as to why Trapinch should be in Dragon's Den is "because we want it there". That's just not going to fly.

So to keep things official: Trapinch will not be added to the Dragon's Den.

There is no debate to this.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I just find it ironic this is being debated so many months after the change was originally made, when I can recall only a handful of complaints being made in the weeks following it. But then I'm sort of hypocritical saying this, as I remember myself feeling upset when I learnt Poison Pokémon could no longer be found in Carved Cavern; though the more I thought about it, the more sense that began to make to me. This is the same in my view.

KstersSlade

Dens can be sandy lol :), sorry I guess I wasnt around when he was taken out. But the Dragons den still seems cool and I might aswell finish the quest since I already killed Dratini.

psychosamm

Youngster
Jinji said:
I just find it ironic this is being debated so many months after the change was originally made, when I can recall only a handful of complaints being made in the weeks following it. But then I'm sort of hypocritical saying this, as I remember myself feeling upset when I learnt Poison Pokémon could no longer be found in Carved Cavern; though the more I thought about it, the more sense that began to make to me. This is the same in my view.

To be honest I was never around when it was in DD, I just find this an interesting topic in which I found was easy to debate for me. I'm personally pro more catchable in-game pokemon, and if something like Trapinch in DD is a little off, I would think he would be kept simply for the benefit to the players until a more suitable location was made, not taken out completely. I can understand wanting to be very similar to the original games, but this isnt Nintendo, so there should be a freedom to do things in a new way, a PWO way, such as maps unique to PWO, etc. I guess staff is just used to hearing people wanting more and more all the time and by now you guys don't really care to listen to these constant requests, which is understandable. However, not everyone's reasoning is "Hey plz add dis poke now!!! kk thx!!" Just some friendly criticism.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
I was long time ago talked with Jinji about add 2 more catch able Pokemons at DD, but never get final answer. By that way, I do new encounters project. I some weeks ago show example for Jinji and him like it. But if new encounters will be accepted, they will come next years.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Aww heck samm, it's fine. I'm always up for a debate and friendly criticism, hahaha. Like you said, a lot of spawn suggestions are merely out of random want, but I still like hearing the ideas and suggesting improvements for them (or, saying my opinion on what does or does not make sense). So don't be discouraged, hehehe. I was glad to see you putting your heart into the idea, actually.

A lot more members have been making points on what they think should be done, which is good! That's the job of a beta tester. It makes me happy to more people who want this game to improve, and seeing them investing time and effort to this game encourages me as well. XD

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
CheckeredZebra said:
Aww heck samm, it's fine. I'm always up for a debate and friendly criticism, hahaha. Like you said, a lot of spawn suggestions are merely out of random want, but I still like hearing the ideas and suggesting improvements for them (or, saying my opinion on what does or does not make sense). So don't be discouraged, hehehe. I was glad to see you putting your heart into the idea, actually.

A lot more members have been making points on what they think should be done, which is good! That's the job of a beta tester. It makes me happy to more people who want this game to improve, and seeing them investing time and effort to this game encourages me as well. XD
But after I made example, I didn't do more, because vocational education and another thinks. But if you too want see example, I can give you by pm.