Nice Idea to Cleaning the Database and Help PWO economy

Mega.S

I was thinking and i remember some thing...
Why dont make a NPC called Pokemon Buyer, that buy pokemons and give money to players?
He only go buy UC, HR and VR and maby shineys ofcorse, and money that he pay is less possibal , a good exemple of this risefromruins pawn shop..

This NPC will help new players get money to surfboard, clean trade chanel, and clear database of pwo (all player have lots of pokemons that not using and occupy space in database)...

What players think about it?
And Staff this is possiball to perform?

Mega.S

Bluerise said:
It's not possible to do.
Why Bluerise? The npc only have to delet pokemon and give money to player, is not possibal delet pokemons?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Without stating whether actually taking a Pokémon from the party is possible (because I have not myself looked into this): the logical test for finding what Pokémon a player had to offer, would be lengthy (perhaps even too long) and, as a direct result, slow to execute; in addition, NPCs have difficulty handling large numbers, which may cause a wrong payment when the species value of a particular Pokémon is particularly high.

Mega.S

Jinji said:
Without stating whether actually taking a Pokémon from the party is possible (because I have not myself looked into this): the logical test for finding what Pokémon a player had to offer, would be lengthy (perhaps even too long) and, as a direct result, slow to execute; in addition, NPCs have difficulty handling large numbers, which may cause a wrong payment when the species value of a particular Pokémon is particularly high.

Yes you are rigth... And some difrent Npcs for difrent pokemons? maby is more fast..
In exemple one in safari that buy kangaskan, other in natural park that buy Heracross...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Tmcm said:
Bluerise said:
It's not possible to do.
Why Bluerise? The npc only have to delet pokemon and give money to player, is not possibal delet pokemons?
It's not possible without modifications to XanaScript.

CoolKnightST

If this is not possible yet. You probaly need to look in too it in the futhur. Else things like daycare would never be possible.

There is maybe another way. When releasing an pokémon, they simply give money. This however will require give an money amount var for any pokémon in the pokédex and an formule to calculate the money and level. For example:
Pokémon: BaseValue + [(BaseValue/2)*Lv]

cyy5113

Tmcm said:
I was thinking and i remember some thing...
Why dont make a NPC called Pokemon Buyer, that buy pokemons and give money to players?
He only go buy UC, HR and VR and maby shineys ofcorse, and money that he pay is less possibal , a good exemple of this risefromruins pawn shop..

This NPC will help new players get money to surfboard, clean trade chanel, and clear database of pwo (all player have lots of pokemons that not using and occupy space in database)...

What players think about it?
And Staff this is possiball to perform?

How about a NPC that could buy every pokemon in the game, even common pokemon?
As for the database clearing, I don't think its a good idea, "Release Pokemon" is still better than clearing the database in my opinion.
For the surfboard part, I think players just lazy to hunt for some nice pokemon and sell them to get money, the price of surfboard is reasonable in my opinion.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
cyy5113 said:
Bluerise said:

Even if it WERE possible: Once again, we have the issue of the NPC script becoming too long and slow; even if we simply just asked players to click the name of the Pokémon they were offering rather than trying to detect it. In fact, the choice would probably be even WORSE, as you're talking choosing from a list of 386 Pokémon which is only going to get bigger; and who would go through THAT long a list, especially if you'd have to go page by page?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Jinji said:
cyy5113 said:
Bluerise said:

Even if it WERE possible: Once again, we have the issue of the NPC script becoming too long and slow; even if we simply just asked players to click the name of the Pokémon they were offering rather than trying to detect it. In fact, the choice would probably be even WORSE, as you're talking choosing from a list of 386 Pokémon which is only going to get bigger; and who would go through THAT long a list, especially if you'd have to go page by page?
Then we got to consider if they have more than one of every Pokemon...