New Train Pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecknician

I am currently working on a different system involving purchasing and using train system. Currently there will be 3 options to buy from

A single use, 1 time ticket.
10 tickets or 10, single use tickets.
A 1 month pass.

Not to disclose to much information about upcoming plans, I will say I plan to use the exact same tickets/pass for ferries.

So, please share your opinions what the prices should be.

darkdante

10k would be a reasonable price so everyone could use train players with low amount of money

Maideza

Considering the avg. user has 290-300k...

1 Trip; 5k
1 Week; 50k
1 Month; 1 Token

Saric

Youngster
To be honest, a month long pass is a bit too much. In the end, single use tickets, or even 10 single use tickets, would be cheaper unless you completely overuse the train..

Pastor-Of-Muppets

Maideza said:
Considering the avg. user has 290-300k...

1 Trip; 5k
1 Week; 50k
1 Month; 1 Token
For those who cannot use Paypal that translates to:
1 Trip; 5k
1 Week; 50k
1 Month; 2 million.

:p

Oh and also Naruto.....really?!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would say 10k has been working for a one-way trip so far so I don't see any reason not to stick to that. A ten-ticket pass therefore should probably have something like one free ride attached to it- so 90k.

As for the month pass, I'm thinking it should allow for either 30 trips with a discount or 30 return trips with a discount. I'm thinking 30 return trips, useful for going back and forth between the Union Rooms etc. Remembering also the promise of Ferry trips to be available on the ticket also. So 30 return trips = 600k and I'd say a fair discount would be 100k on the month long ticket. So:

1 trip = 10k
10 tickets = 90k
1 month pass = 500k

The-Predator

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
I would say 10k has been working for a one-way trip so far so I don't see any reason not to stick to that. A ten-ticket pass therefore should probably have something like one free ride attached to it- so 90k.

As for the month pass, I'm thinking it should allow for either 30 trips with a discount or 30 return trips with a discount. I'm thinking 30 return trips, useful for going back and forth between the Union Rooms etc. Remembering also the promise of Ferry trips to be available on the ticket also. So 30 return trips = 600k and I'd say a fair discount would be 100k on the month long ticket. So:

1 trip = 10k
10 tickets = 90k
1 month pass = 500k
perfect description!!

Fionavara

really, update on this, cool!
not sure why it's needed but what's wrong with the current 10k per trip?
not sure why we need to do a special quest to use the train or ferry options though, having all the badges would suffice in my eyes.
But I don't really see that we need to change the price of a ticket, rare to hear anyone complaining the tickets for the train is to expensive since if u don't want to cash up u just surf anyway.
I say keep it to 10k one ticket (maybe a 15k trip+return ticket? if that is possible to do) We are afterall travling from one region to another so it should be a little more expensive and set 2k (3k for trip+retun) as standard for trips with in the region like the ferry prices.

Tecknician

Fionavara said:
really, update on this, cool!
not sure why it's needed but what's wrong with the current 10k per trip?
not sure why we need to do a special quest to use the train or ferry options though, having all the badges would suffice in my eyes.
But I don't really see that we need to change the price of a ticket, rare to hear anyone complaining the tickets for the train is to expensive since if u don't want to cash up u just surf anyway.
I say keep it to 10k one ticket (maybe a 15k trip+return ticket? if that is possible to do) We are afterall travling from one region to another so it should be a little more expensive and set 2k (3k for trip+retun) as standard for trips with in the region like the ferry prices.
In short, more will be changed than just the price of travel, like also using same tickets for ferries.

Jacollo

I would sell train tickets like pokeballs. There is 1 NPC in each region that sells 100 pokeballs for 19k, while in the shop you can buy 100 pokeballs for 20k.
If it's possible add an NPC that would sell 10 tickets for 90k or something like that.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
5k per trip = 10k per round trip (half the current price)
for 10 train tickets it should be 30-40k, which would equal 60-80k for 10 round trips
I wouldn't really use the 1 month pass because I use the train about once or twice every two weeks for gyms only.
Involving tokens wouldn't be helpful, and making a monthly pass 2m would be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.