Need Help in Making Sprites

Black.Magician

Hey Guys, i was planning to make some new Back sprites for my skin, but when i am changing its size to 128x128 pixel. it is getting distorted edges, i am using Photoshop. so please help me out if any body can.....

LunaticJames

Content maker
If you are getting original images from sites like pldh.net or spriters resource, they will be at a 1:1 ratio.
They do not normally need to be changed in size, just placed into the box with lots of space around it :p
150.png

151Gen5Back.png

However, if you do need to change the size, and by distorted edges I assume you mean blurry, then there are few ways to do it, but this is my easy way I found while digging.
When resizing, change its aliasing method from Bicubic Soother (which is Photoshops default one) to "Nearest Neighbour"
gMXGJWp.gif

Then when changing size, keep it at doubles. ( 25% 50 %100% 200% 400% 800%) And it will stay nice and happy.

Black.Magician

i have made 2 of sprites,. for s misdrevus back

First Image Is normal one
second Image Is blurred and shadowed..
i wanna know if edges could be refined more or not...

UDp6Oo9.png

voTMJPm.png

LunaticJames

Content maker
Jai62 said:
i have made 2 of sprites,. for s misdrevus back

First Image Is normal one
second Image Is blurred and shadowed..
i wanna know if edges could be refined more or not...

UDp6Oo9.png

voTMJPm.png

You can refine the edges, but the tool in Photoshop will not do a good job of it. It would either need to be done manually, or just start over again.
When you blur an image, it blurs all of it, even the edges.

Jai62 said:
and one more quest how do i set effect for move can anybody please tell me
There is a file named meffect.pwo inside the files, which contains the links and values for all moves. They link up with the animations inside the interface folder of the client skin