My suggestions

Merse

Youngster
Because the game is currently under maintenance I decided to spam the forum with some ideas to improve the gameplay. Some of these could be implemented very easily, some of them are for long-term.
Note: when I address "you" it means the developers, but it's shorter to write just you ;)

1. Make room for the modders!
The first group of ideas are easy to implement and could give a big fun factor to the game. As every game, PWO can be modded as well, and could be rely more heavily on modders, although it is obvious that an online game can't let modders to be able to change the gameplay, so they are limited to areas which do not affect the mechanics of the game. These ideas are all targeting the expansion of modability of the game.

a) Add more music: The game operates with relatively few musics. For instance, it has only a few themes for all the cities and routes. This could be expanded and assigned one music file to every area of the game. This does not means necessarily that you have to compose more music (although it would be awesome), just duplicate and rename some of the music files. But this would give the ability to the modders to create a wider repertoire of musics for a game music mod.
Extenison: It would be awesome if in certain cases more musics could be played randomly, namely in the battles. Example: you fight a wild pokemon or a trainer, there should be 3 battle musics which would be randomly played, and so the battle theme of Gen I, II or III would be played during the ballte.

b) Add more fields: Currently we have 3 fields we can battle on and these fields show up depending on where we are during the battle. This could be extended just like the music idea above, by duplicating the image files and assign them to different areas (Gym, PvP, cavern, desert, road, city, tall grass etc.), and let the modders make the new texturs.

c) Add more animation: Currently animations are very limited in the game. When you explore, it is fine, but in the battle scenes it could be better. Just like above, with the duplication of the attack animation files the modding possibilities could be extended singificantly. Assing an animation file (empty if it's necessary) to every attack and let the modders to make their animations.
Extension: With a bigger sized animation file it would be posible to make more complex animation, for example a beam starting from the attacking Pokemon hitting the other one.

2. Extend the gameplay
These changes are already more complex. Lot of people is complaining that they have nothing to do in the game, because they got all the 16 badges in a few months and now they are awaiting for Hoenn to be added. So the goal of these ideas is to extend the gameplay before it gets monotonous. As a side effect this would save some time for the players when they only grind, because during the exploration of more maps their Pokemons train more.

a) Extend the map: I'm not referring here of adding Hoenn and Unova as soon as possible, but the extension of the existing regions. Suggesting of making the maps bigger would be too much, but as a long term goal, it could be set. At least the cities would look like actual cities and not only 3-4 houses... But you could add pathes, more maps, sideroutes etc. Just as the anime extended the game's map you could add some new maps, like a Pokemon Ranch here, a few more maps for the forrest there (I love Viridian Garden!), a mountain to climb there, a hidden village there. So more maps to be discovered. There are really talented mappers among us who already made some excellent maps which could be used to extend the gameplay.

b) Add tons of quests: Maybe the best way to make players occupied is to give them nine quadzillion quests to do. With great stories and challenging goals the players can be entertrained for a long time even if they got all the badges. Quests also make gaining money easier so getting a surfboard wouldn't be anightmare any more. There are some very good quest ideas around on the forums, but writing good and interesting quests is a great challenge for both modders and developers.
Extension: You could make a quest editor for the game which sends you the quest automatically, all you would need to do is approve or reject it.
Extension 2: You could add some quest-specific content to the game, like quest-specific music or sprites (like being able to place a pokemon sprite on the exploration map so the player should have to find that pokemon etc.), or maps only accessible with certain quest(s).

c) Make the game more "living": Currently there are only a few NPCs in the game. Most of them say really nothing, most of them are only good for battling. But there could be more NPCs, especially in the cities, in the houses or on the road, who would only tell you a story, or would just be there and "wait for someone" etc. So that you really feel that you live in a world with full of Pokemon AND people. These NPCs would be great to teach basic things to players. Just some ideas: Negative XP, Pokemon catching, IVs, rarity, chat commands just to mention the most common questions on the Help chat. Because most of the players don't read the messages on the tutorial island ;)

d) Add roleplaying elements: These are only vague iedeas, but like personalities to trainers (players), character development,NPC "rivals", pourchasable real estates and possibility to furnish them, accolades/memory items (personalized player sprites were suggested about a million times).

I stop here now or this post will be too long to read. I hope that you'Ll find some useful suggestions there.

king1234

Youngster
for the music part, if u go around in the music section of the fourms, u can download music and add it to the pwo folder and boom u got more music.

more fields, agian check the artist section, my folder got 6 fields. 3 of which are created by other people.

for the quest there is one coming soon, and theres quite a few small quest and some big ones.

risefromruins

Youngster
Why does everyone feel the need to make suggestions via the forums now? There is a place where they actually belong in the playerdex.

Merse

Youngster
king1234 said:
for the music part, if u go around in the music section of the fourms, u can download music and add it to the pwo folder and boom u got more music.

more fields, agian check the artist section, my folder got 6 fields. 3 of which are created by other people.
I know that, but you have to replace them manually if you want more various experience. What I suggested is to make it somewhat automatic.

risefromruins said:
Why does everyone feel the need to make suggestions via the forums now? There is a place where they actually belong in the playerdex.
I can't speak for the others, but personally I would like to see the imput of other players on my ideas as well, and not too many people use Playerdex for this purpose...

Waam

risefromruins said:

The Suggestion Box doesn't allow for multiple lines per entry, so I figured it would be faster if I consolidated them into one thread. :p

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
The only problem I have with suggestion box is that there's not much debate there. When I submit an idea that is give or take, I want feedback, you know? Granted not all ideas can be discussed.

Anyway, here are my personal comments.

a) Add more music:
Being worked on, silly. Why else would there be a composer group?

b) Add tons of quests:
Also being worked on but we need more support coding-wise. :V
We've added cerulean cave/Dragon's den/Rep Quests recently, Festive town/halloween events (each with their own mini quests) and are working on Mt. Silver.

1. Make room for the modders!

Modders as in...people who mute other people? We have Global Moderators (GMs) and people can report on community watch.
Anyway, fun fact, CGs used to be [MODs]. It just didn't work well. =(
If not that, you're talking about things that sound suspiciously like DEVs and GEs.

Extension: You could make a quest editor for the game which sends you the quest automatically, all you would need to do is approve or reject it.
This would actually be pretty awesome, but sadly it's a whole lot more complicated than that (which is why it takes months to get in quests after they're already written out.)

Now your second expansion idea involving map markers would be really awesome, I'd actually like to see that in the game some time.

d) Add roleplaying elements:
This would be cool and a great money sink. However, it'd be pretty hard to pull off with what we have now. =(

Merse

Youngster
Modders are the people who make mods for the game. In the case of PWO skins, music packs, alternate sprites etc. but they are not members of the development team of the game.

Professor.Oak

Merse said:
Modders are the people who make mods for the game. In the case of PWO skins, music packs, alternate sprites etc. but they are not members of the development team of the game.

People make atlernative sprites and skins in the art section (http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
Not sure about music packs though, either way to have a specific group for this, ehhh idk.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
These boards are here for a reason:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18

Pretty much the entire look and sound of the game is customisable and people share there skins/music/tiles for the game all the time.

Merse

Youngster
Then again, the ideas are not about the customizability but the level of customization.
Like we have only 3 different battlefields ingame. Even if you use a graphics mod, you won't have more than three. Or currently several cities share the same music and they will even if you use a music mod. While they all could have different musics.
I know that the devs not always have capacity to make more diversity for the game, that's why I suggested to simply duplicate some of the files and let the modders do so. A hypothetical example: I can make thousands of musics for towns if the game uses only three or four music files in towns. But if every town has his onw music file, even if the content of the files is identical, I have the possibility to replace them with different musics and so every town would have its own theme in my music pack, although the devs didn't have to compose any more music, all they have to do is to make the game to load different files for every town.

G

Would be great to have more character customisation, like different choice other than Brendan and May. Or have different face, hairs and costume sprites.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Merse said:
Then again, the ideas are not about the customizability but the level of customization.
Like we have only 3 different battlefields ingame. Even if you use a graphics mod, you won't have more than three. Or currently several cities share the same music and they will even if you use a music mod. While they all could have different musics.
I know that the devs not always have capacity to make more diversity for the game, that's why I suggested to simply duplicate some of the files and let the modders do so. A hypothetical example: I can make thousands of musics for towns if the game uses only three or four music files in towns. But if every town has his onw music file, even if the content of the files is identical, I have the possibility to replace them with different musics and so every town would have its own theme in my music pack, although the devs didn't have to compose any more music, all they have to do is to make the game to load different files for every town.

The client DEVs would be the ones to deal with this. =) It's not that they can't add extra music slots and such, it's that we're simply shorthanded at the moment.
We do work on official music and art for the game, but sometimes without good client DEV support these things don't get in. While I agree with the overall suggestion of expanding the client (dear lord please yes more music slots) I don't see why we need a whole group dedicated to a group whose bases are already covered by other staff sections. As for anything else, as Choco said players are fine to edit with whatever they have. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I feel like with this one section of your suggestion, it's actually already being covered, hehe. =P
Just my opinion though.

PsychoticSylph

Lass_Leaf said:
Would be great to have more character customisation, like different choice other than Brendan and May. Or have different face, hairs and costume sprites.

I agree with Lass_Leaf,
I know there are more important things to be done.
But personalizing in game avatars would be aweessomme.
I mean for all to see.. not just yourself.. cause I know you can change the sprite you use by messing around with the game folders n' such.​

Professor.Oak

PsychoticSylph said:
Lass_Leaf said:

I agree with Lass_Leaf,
I mean for all to see.. not just yourself.. cause I know you can change the sprite you use by messing around with the game folders n' such.​

A couple staff members have said that they want to implement a basic Customization by the end of the year.

Faabz.

Youngster
Professor.Oak said:
PsychoticSylph said:
Lass_Leaf said:

I agree with Lass_Leaf,

A couple staff members have said that they want to implement a basic Customization by the end of the year.

That's good to hear that :D
Hope i can be Red :p