My money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
youve waited almost 2 weeks for tokens. others have waited a month or more.

there is normally only Bluerise working on the token issues. and he starts from the oldest topic and works to the newest topic.  and he has a life of his own besides adding tokens to players accounts (because the automatic token adding method broke awhile back and we havent had time to fix it)

so be patient others have and are waiting longer than you and you will get your tokens when he gets to yours.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Token issues are currently being reviewed as well every 2 days.  For any of those currently awaiting tokens, have some patience.  Currently i'm the only admin who is able to hand out tokens and I have other projects that i'm working on at the same time.

Stated in the latest Announcement topic.

I

inileater

Mantis said:
there is normally only Bluerise working on the token issues.

There are a few cases which were handled by Jinji when he has time as well, however that is still only 2 people and even then these two have a multitude of things on their to-do list, be it personal or other things PWO related.

I

inileater

Mantis said:
ini i said normally lern2read :mad:

Are you saying Jinji isn't normal?

But yes, you're right, i didn't see the "normally" part. x_x

Khalmyr

OK.
I already know all this talk that the admins have a social life to care.
I also have new plans for my money and want it back, I got tired of waiting for the goodwill of the admins. What should I do to get it?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Khalmyr said:
OK.
I already know all this talk that the admins have a social life to care.
I also have new plans for my money and want it back, I got tired of waiting for the goodwill of the admins. What should I do to get it?
It saddens me that people don't understand the meaning of "donation" any more.

The tokens are a gift given to players as a thank-you for their generosity towards supporting our game; are given merely as an act of good will; and the offering of them can be withheld or suspended at any time, for any reason - there is no obligation on our part. Having said this we are not hard-asses; and we try to make sure everyone who donates correctly gets the token value at some point in time; this has just been severely delayed recently due to failures in the system, which we are addressing and we are sorry to hear it has caused you such great inconvenience.

If you must insist in having your money returned, you can request a refund or charge-back through PayPal - please look up their FAQ for further information. Note that PWO will not assist in this matter, because the payment was a donation and there is no legal obligation on our part; and any request we receive to reclaim the money will void that donation and will be considered extremely spiteful to our services.

Khalmyr

OK.
Since then it makes no difference, unless a player on the server that made ​​regular donations.
Thanks for your attention.

C

cat90120

It saddens me that people don't understand the meaning of "donation" any more.

The tokens are a gift given to players as a thank-you for their generosity towards supporting our game; are given merely as an act of good will; and the offering of them can be withheld or suspended at any time, for any reason - there is no obligation on our part. Having said this we are not hard-asses; and we try to make sure everyone who donates correctly gets the token value at some point in time; this has just been severely delayed recently due to failures in the system, which we are addressing and we are sorry to hear it has caused you such great inconvenience.

If you must insist in having your money returned, you can request a refund or charge-back through PayPal - please look up their FAQ for further information. Note that PWO will not assist in this matter, because the payment was a donation and there is no legal obligation on our part; and any request we receive to reclaim the money will void that donation and will be considered extremely spiteful to our services.

[/quote]

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you, about the tokens.
with all respect of you guy's hard work and such.
but from your wording, it sounds like you are doing us a favor,
sounds like you don't own the people who donate anything,
but the tokens are definitely not just a gift or a good will from you guys to us,
(let's be honest, how many players are going to donate if there's nothing in return?)
the tokens in fact, product from business contract,
and you guys do have obligation to give what people pay for
because it clearly stated that a dollar = a token
i am not saying being angry or impatient is right, because you guys did say the system is broken and it will take longer to get tokens,
i too donate and haven't got tokens, but i choose to wait =]
cause i understand it is hard for you guys to handle 100 requests in 1 day
but it raise questions for me, because you guys say donating $ will help you guys improve the game,
but you guys can't even improve the token system for a long time now.
i'm not complaining or pointing fingers, but clearly you guys are earning $ from doing this, so this is a business.
therefore you do have many obligations and duties under law.
you guys agreed yourself to give out tokens for every donations, so please don't think like "you don't own us anything"
because you actually do (for the people for donate of course)

just pointing this out for you guys, be more careful on these issues, nothing personal.
and i love this game, and i do appreciated the hard work you guys put in to make the game better, thank you all for doing this. =]

K

kuuzum

cat90120 said:
I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you, about the tokens.
with all respect of you guy's hard work and such.
but from your wording, it sounds like you are doing us a favor,
sounds like you don't own the people who donate anything,
but the tokens are definitely not just a gift or a good will from you guys to us,
(let's be honest, how many players are going to donate if there's nothing in return?)
the tokens in fact, product from business contract,
and you guys do have obligation to give what people pay for
because it clearly stated that a dollar = a token
i am not saying being angry or impatient is right, because you guys did say the system is broken and it will take longer to get tokens,
i too donate and haven't got tokens, but i choose to wait =]
cause i understand it is hard for you guys to handle 100 requests in 1 day
but it raise questions for me, because you guys say donating $ will help you guys improve the game,
but you guys can't even improve the token system for a long time now.
i'm not complaining or pointing fingers, but clearly you guys are earning $ from doing this, so this is a business.
therefore you do have many obligations and duties under law.
you guys agreed yourself to give out tokens for every donations, so please don't think like "you don't own us anything"
because you actually do (for the people for donate of course)

just pointing this out for you guys, be more careful on these issues, nothing personal.
and i love this game, and i do appreciated the hard work you guys put in to make the game better, thank you all for doing this. =]

Donation - The act of giving to a fund or cause.

Your'e donating, not paying to buy tokens.

C

cat90120

lol....
doesn't matter what you call it for,
but when both party agree to giving up something for exchange of something else,
it form a business contract,
and yes donate is "The act of giving to a fund or cause"
but clearly they agree to give tokens in exchange, you can call it donation to make you feel better,
but you still have obligations to fulfill your promises and honer the contract.

shadowrunner76

cat90120 said:
lol....
doesn't matter what you call it for,
but when both party agree to giving up something for exchange of something else,
it form a business contract,
and yes donate is "The act of giving to a fund or cause"
but clearly they agree to give tokens in exchange, you can call it donation to make you feel better,
but you still have obligations to fulfill your promises and honer the contract.

Sadly, this "contract" of which you speak does not exist and therefore your argument is invalid. This has been going back and forth for the several months I have been here and undoubtedly long before that. Plain and simple, this is a donation. Paypal lists it as a donation. There is a defined, legal term for donation. The staff does not profit from these donations. Many, MANY services have improved in the last few months as a result of these donations and the game would suffer if this system was not in place.

PWO reserves the right to stop gifting tokens any time they please and they are not legally obligated to return donation funds. Do you know why? They are DONATIONS. Your misunderstanding of this system and how it works does not mean you are right.

You can call a rose a weed, that does not make it true.

I

inileater

I feel like I've seen this discussion already happen once before, in a previous topic..

C

cat90120

[/quote]

Sadly, this "contract" of which you speak does not exist and therefore your argument is invalid. This has been going back and forth for the several months I have been here and undoubtedly long before that. Plain and simple, this is a donation. Paypal lists it as a donation. There is a defined, legal term for donation. The staff does not profit from these donations. Many, MANY services have improved in the last few months as a result of these donations and the game would suffer if this system was not in place.

PWO reserves the right to stop gifting tokens any time they please and they are not legally obligated to return donation funds. Do you know why? They are DONATIONS. Your misunderstanding of this system and how it works does not mean you are right.

[/quote]

yes the paypal list this as donation, but the contract still exist, i've already explained
and don't tell me they don't get profit from donations, because they do,
and it's different story if they decide to use their profit to make games better,
but you can't say that they don't make profit out of it.

let's just put it this way, if you bring this case to court, the judge will rule the PWO give promised token to the player, or the money back
that simple, because the agreement both party agree upon, and the law will not allow any unfair transactions
in this case, PWO got the money, but did not give tokens like what they agreed upon.
therefore it's unfair for the person who donate.

you can not simply created a payment called donation and just do anything with it,
people who sell drugs and other illegal items can call it donation from others
but they will still get charged by selling illegal items,
and another example, if this is truly a donation, why are people can still getting their money back?

and once again i'm not suggesting PWO is wrong, or this impatience player is right
i'm just point out a fact from the law book,
and about that rose and weed,
what would you call something if it looks like a rose,
it smell like a rose, and function like a rose but has a name tag weed?

C

cat90120

and just let you know, there are many cases that proves my point
for example, you take your car to get an $20 oil change
while you put your car there, they gave you an oil change and more,
such as changed your auto parts and washed your car
and when you come back, they ask you for $200 instead what you wanted $20 oil change
even though there is no contract on the extra work,
the court will still demand you to pay the $200
because law won't accept the unfair transactions, in this case, they put out $200 of work
but you only want to pay $20
even though you didn't want it, but what's done is done, and you can only pay it

that's why this keep happening in the auto shop and other places
it's sad, but it's law

Saric

Youngster

[/quote]

yes the paypal list this as donation, but the contract still exist, i've already explained
and don't tell me they don't get profit from donations, because they do,
and it's different story if they decide to use their profit to make games better,
but you can't say that they don't make profit out of it.

let's just put it this way, if you bring this case to court, the judge will rule the PWO give promised token to the player, or the money back
that simple, because the agreement both party agree upon, and the law will not allow any unfair transactions
in this case, PWO got the money, but did not give tokens like what they agreed upon.
therefore it's unfair for the person who donate.

you can not simply created a payment called donation and just do anything with it,
people who sell drugs and other illegal items can call it donation from others
but they will still get charged by selling illegal items,
and another example, if this is truly a donation, why are people can still getting their money back?

and once again i'm not suggesting PWO is wrong, or this impatience player is right
i'm just point out a fact from the law book,
and about that rose and weed,
what would you call something if it looks like a rose,
it smell like a rose, and function like a rose but has a name tag weed?
[/quote]

They don't receive any sort of profit. all money gained from DONATIONS gets spent on server upkeep and miscellaneous things to the game.
No staff profit from it at all.
>"and another example, if this is truly a donation, why are people can still getting their money back?"
Because they contact paypal to get them back.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm locking this because we've seen this argument numerous times before and quite frankly this could just go on forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.