My Legendary Ideas

Zarien32x

Ok this might be a topic already but this is my idea. I personally do not like legendarys but in all mmos there is that legendary item. If legendary pokemon ever get added They should be legendary that means one of each so you only have 1 chance to get each legendary in the whole game. But like slakoth a player cannot use them in battle unless stated before hand.

Merse

Youngster
Slakoth can be used in battle. And how would it be "legendary" if everyone could have all of them? They would worth just as much as a Farfecht'd, which is the most worthless Pokemon in PWO because everyone gets one for free...

Zarien32x

Merse said:
Slakoth can be used in battle. And how would it be "legendary" if everyone could have all of them? They would worth just as much as a Farfecht'd, which is the most worthless Pokemon in PWO because everyone gets one for free...
I mean 1 legendery in the whole game 1 mewtwo 1 moltress so only 1 person can get them... and have you battled latley every complains if somone uses slakoth so its up to the players to say no slak and no legendary.. so only like 12 people will have them there is 1 of each and only 1 person may own

Merse

Youngster
There was already tournaments where the grand prize was a mewtwo and a mew, so your idea was already put in practice years ago.

ksalim313

When I first see this topic, I was like: ahh, the same old story, but for random reason I give it some thinking this time.

I agree with Merse in his point about adding legendaries for everyone.

I think these kind of tournaments will not be held again (especially with these type of prizes and after the problems staff members faced in the last tournament)

The way legendary pokemon are in game does not guarantee they will stay in game for log (Like Mewtwo being in a banned account).

I thought of a different way to add legendaries without disturbing the gameplay, so here is what I could think of:

Exactly five legendary can be added to the game, the strongest one of them will be hold by the "Champion" of PWO and the remaining four will be given to "Elite four". (the results of the last official tournament can be used to start things up)

• Any player who wants a legendary pokemon or the title of course will have to defeat the current holder of the title and the legendary pokemon (except for the Champion as only a member of the Elite four can challenge him/her for the championship title).
  • The holder of the legendary pokemon can use the legendary pokemon in his possession when a player challenges him/her for the title and the legendary pokemon cannot be used in normal battles.
  • When a member of the Elite four or the Champion is inactive for 2 weeks or so, a staff member (or the last active title holder) can take his/her legendary pokemon and accept challenges from players (If a staff member will be the holder then only "obtainable" pokemon can be used in the battle next to the legendary pokemon itself).
  • When a member of Elite four wins the Champion in an official battle for the title, they switch titles.
  • When a member of the Elite four challenges another member of Elite four they just exchange the legendary pokemon.

This concepts can be extended of course so that each region can have its own Champion and Elite four, and maybe we can start something like Champions League with similar concepts.

I think it might be a good way for PWO to have its own Championship system with minimum effort from staff members and it will add more motivations for PvP battles since you'll not just battle to win and increase you wins, you'll be fighting for a title and a legendary pokemon in your possession ;)

But of course, even if this can be seen as a good idea, it will have very low priority and adding legendaries in game may remain in our imagination part in our minds.

For me, I do not support adding stuff to the game unless it will serve a pre-designed purpose for better gaming experience :)

Zarien32x

ksalim313 said:
When I first see this topic, I was like: ahh, the same old story, but for random reason I give it some thinking this time.

I agree with Merse in his point about adding legendaries for everyone.

I think these kind of tournaments will not be held again (especially with these type of prizes and after the problems staff members faced in the last tournament)

The way legendary pokemon are in game does not guarantee they will stay in game for log (Like Mewtwo being in a banned account).

I thought of a different way to add legendaries without disturbing the gameplay, so here is what I could think of:

Exactly five legendary can be added to the game, the strongest one of them will be hold by the "Champion" of PWO and the remaining four will be given to "Elite four". (the results of the last official tournament can be used to start things up)

• Any player who wants a legendary pokemon or the title of course will have to defeat the current holder of the title and the legendary pokemon (except for the Champion as only a member of the Elite four can challenge him/her for the championship title).

I Like your idea thats what i was trying to get at i was thinking the legendarys would just be more like trophys.
  • The holder of the legendary pokemon can use the legendary pokemon in his possession when a player challenges him/her for the title and the legendary pokemon cannot be used in normal battles.
  • When a member of the Elite four or the Champion is inactive for 2 weeks or so, a staff member (or the last active title holder) can take his/her legendary pokemon and accept challenges from players (If a staff member will be the holder then only "obtainable" pokemon can be used in the battle next to the legendary pokemon itself).
  • When a member of Elite four wins the Champion in an official battle for the title, they switch titles.
  • When a member of the Elite four challenges another member of Elite four they just exchange the legendary pokemon.

This concepts can be extended of course so that each region can have its own Champion and Elite four, and maybe we can start something like Champions League with similar concepts.

I think it might be a good way for PWO to have its own Championship system with minimum effort from staff members and it will add more motivations for PvP battles since you'll not just battle to win and increase you wins, you'll be fighting for a title and a legendary pokemon in your possession ;)

But of course, even if this can be seen as a good idea, it will have very low priority and adding legendaries in game may remain in our imagination part in our minds.

For me, I do not support adding stuff to the game unless it will serve a pre-designed purpose for better gaming experience :)

Merse

Youngster
There is already a championship system called Non-official tournaments. And everyone who watches them knows who are the best trainers out there :)
Your idea is fancy, but it would require insanely lot of coding and it would add very little to the gaming experience compared to more important things, like multiple evolutions, new client, new mart, new regions etc.
You're falling into the same error here: If the legendary is available for anyone, it's not special. All you have to do is spend a few hundred dollars, get the best Pokemon with it and beat the crap out of the current Champion. Or what if the Champion and his friends decide to pass the legendary Poke among each other so everyone can have it? This system would make the original idea only slightly better, but still reduces the legendary Pokemon from a unique entity who decides with whom he wants to fight to a stupid trophy which you can get with some manipulation.

ksalim313

Hmm, I tried to make my idea it as clear as possible, but apparently I have failed. :(

Well, it doesn't need a single line of coding; all it needs five minutes form and administrator to spawn exactly five legendary pokemon, big fat forum topic to keep the results and accept challenges, and a GM to keep things in order.

I'm well aware of the Non-official tournaments but to be honest, I don't think they provide the incentive for players to participate in such events, all I wanted was to give every player in this game an incentive to participate in battling.

If looked into the battle channel lately, you'll find repeated names requesting battles, and when you see a new name, you may safely assume (or at least with 90% chance) that this new name is just searching for 25 wins for the Dragons Den Quest!

When I first saw Mad30's announcement for the new Dragons Den Quest I was sad to see the challenge of getting into Dragons Den was reduced (and of course the Bagon encounter chance was reduced), but then I liked it when I saw the new requirement that forced players who want to enter Dragon Den to participate in PvP battles.

Of course some problems may occur, but we all know, it's an ethical issue with participants since you'll always find that players who wants to share this legendary with his/her friends or lose in purpose for them, well, he/she has to battle challengers with this pokemon, so, he/she can't lend them forever or even sell them (since the whole thing will be under supervision of a GM).

Well if you're a friend to xNovoxx, you could ask him for the caught data of Mew, but it will not be the case in my idea since you'll need that pokemon to do your role and challenge players.

Flooding the game with legendaries and anyone can have one? Well, not really, everyone who deserves to hold the Championship title will have the caught data of a legendary pokemon, but the holder of that legendary will be the current champion only, so, you'll forever maintain exactly five legendaries with players no more.

Fancy idea? Well, I have to say, yes lol, this idea needs a GM to be good and you may not find a GM who is willing to spend time on something like this as he/she might be overwhelmed by players who do not follow PWO rules ;)

Anyway, it was just a wild thought, just forget it :)

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
point is you guys that are against it are not willing to listen, you guys are ready to throw off any idea before you even hear it, the right idea to try and implement is much too complex for you guys to even attempt to create one. but one key point should be the fact that every player can only have one legendary no matter how rich or good he is. Also one per IP address. But like I said too complicated to even attempt one

Zarien32x

i just think there should be 1 of each legendary in the game and do like a 10% nurf make them valuable but not automatic win. Plus legendarys are not unkillable. Somone carrying the 1 moltress in the game wont make him unbeatable. But i can see there would be a small balance issure. Maybe make a pokemon class passed horrible rare and make it legendary rare and not make them legendarys. like Slkoth could be a legendary find or something like 1/10000000 chance to find

Merse

Youngster
Zarien: Nerfing a legendary is even worse than allowing them to roam freely in the game IMO. What makes them legendary then if they are crap? If I want a super rare Pokemon, I will look for a Pineco or Remoraid. No matter how small the chances, sooner or later there would be way too many of them.

ksalim: Your idea still needs a lot of micro management and it would add very little to the game. It would take valuable time the devs could spend on developing the game. It would make the Champ impossible to play because he has to accept any challenge, even if the challenger not qualified, otherwise less experienced players would scream "elitism" and there we have a huge ****storm at our hand.
I really don't get it what is with legendaries. Why aren't you guys are satisfied that you can battle them? Why do you want to force through your ideas just to know that somewhere someone has an Articuno?

Leroy: Stop ranting and go away. Tis was a cultured and calm debate until you got here.

taifhamid1

i disagree with you i think they are doing great job on keeping the legendarys actually legendary, i mean you could barely beat them with if you don't have all shinnies or all 99s and you cannot catch them as well, just like the series you are lucky if you could see it once, so NO, just no they shouldn't add them and they most likely won't add them at all.