My idea to Fix the economy

OGPokemaster

Ok so the main reason for this is to get feedback from staff and fellow players about removing the ability to trade pokemon for Pokemoney.

Now before people start throwing insults and such, think about this for a second. Pokemoney should never have been a thing to trade Pokemon for, in the anime and in the hand held games pokemoney was for buying pokeballs, potions and so on, but in PWO u could trade pokemon for pokemoney, imo thats a huge abomination. If u ask me the reason why the pokeconmy is crap is in fact because to get better pokemon u need pokemoney and as pokemon become more abundant their values drop dramatically, if u could only trade pokemon for pokemon it wouldnt be as big a deal if an event or something like it made another pokemon more abundant ingame....

Why wouldnt it be as big a deal you ask? well right now the mainly value in pokemoney of a pokemon is Dependant on how many of said pokemon is ingame, For example when i started in october of 2012, almost exactly 5 months ago even the worst dratini was worth more then 1m and good ones could go for anywhere b/w 5-15m and sometimes more, nowadays u can get a good dratini for b/w 1-2m (Speaking from experience in mid-late December i got a max spd and spatk dratini for 1m, and it was from a veteran player, so ppl cant say it was just a noob that didnt know its value). removing money trades for pokemon would make it so that no matter how many of a pokemon is in game its value would remain relativity the same, example, a HR would always be more valuable then a VR or R (unless it is shiny), no matter how many of said HR is in game, and itd be the same for every category of rarity

This would make it impossible for the pokeconomy to crash because in fact there is no pokemoney being traded for pokemon. some ppl might say that there would be no reason for the much anticipated mart release to them i would say your completely wrong, the mart could still be used to obtain and trade other pokemon. Also if u think about it who are the people complaining about a bad economy? its mostly vets that have tons of Uber and Epic pokemon that they dont use but dont want to sell to new players for such low prices. On the other hand who are the ppl benefiting from the low economy? yup you guessed its new players that dont have huge sums of money to pay for an Uber arcanine or what not. My idea would benefit both new and old players

How it benefits new players? new players that dont have 10m to dish out on an epic pokemon can trade another pokemon for one thats equal or better.
How it benefits Old players? Old players that have tons of ubers pokemon and R/VR/HR shines can still trade there pokemon for other pokemon they want with out fear of getting lowballed.

i dont know if disabling pokemoney trades for pokemon is as simple as clicking a button, but i think this is something that staff should really consider to keep a economy crash from happening in the future.

Again i would like to hear the opinions of BOTH staff and players on this idea, and whether or not u think its a good plausible fix to the economy

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Well I think it's a good idea to brainstorm on how to improve the game, I don't think this is the right path. Just how not allowing items to be traded limited the diversity of options for players. People can still trade pokemon for pokemon instead of money if they want, but money is a universal good. Someone might not particularly want the pokemon another person is offering, whereas if money is offered the value is definite... and they can then search for a pokemon that they would actually want instead of what is simply offered.

I know this has been brought up before, and that the staff don't care about prices and that players will always set the price, but default prices is a good option, or a price ceiling. Most of the time a free market is beneficial, but if there was a way that each pokemon could have a base value even for horrible stats. Like an in game trading center where you could essentially sell your pokemon to the game itself instead of another player for a base set price per pokemon.

Being that this will never happen I think a movement to increase price would be slightly helpful. If every major trader, token seller,or Vet decided to not sell their pokemon for lower prices the market would steadily rise. However there would be problems with players not participating, trying to sell quickly and get less money, conflicting the effort. Being that this is the case we must only resign to agree that the economy is technically not broken, and that what once was may or may not ever be again so long that the staff refuse to interfere unfortunate as it may be.... Any thoughts on a mass movement to raise prices OG?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I don't mind the idea in theory, but it is too incomplete to be a worthwhile option. Just removing money would create a void. And you really do need 'something' to buy pokemon with on the auction house.

OGPokemaster

EcoWOLFrb said:
Any thoughts on a mass movement to raise prices OG?

i rarely trade my pokemon, ill only do it if i really need the money but thts just me, and tbh i think only a few ppl would be willing to even attempt this, ppl are just to much about helping themselves, and even if we did manage to get enough ppl to try i doubt they'd even last a day b4 they give up and go back to trading pokemon. thats the reason why i even suggested to remove trading pokemon for money in the first place, because i know no one is willing to give up trading even for a day, its just the way it is and it saddens me to say it.

Nikola

Youngster
-Making money unable to trade was one of my suggestionsin here. Only reason why I would do that at the moment are cheaters who are gaining maximum amount of a money one person can have. This is happening almost everyday now. I will assume that this might be Shane's fault leaving client like this. I've explained well in that topic my opinion and reasons.
-Even if people are forced to trade pokemon for a pokemon imagine how many of those are botted and does it gives a right balance? They way I see it, any changes made should be made on a solid terrain. People who got their money by cheating or from cheater will do a rampage on auction house once it goes live. Nice way to wash their money and yet illegally obtained without giving anything in game for it. I am sure that many of them ran through rain drops and hopefully we are going to survive even that but we don't need anymore of them. Of course GM is going to ban them but is it really necessary to do same action more times while instead wasting time catching money cheaters GM can solve few scam cases and instead of sad smile we can see happy smile posted on forums. We understand that client isn't in your hand at the moment but something must be done to end this. Every plan we made hardly will work under this circumstances. I am sure economy will be more balanced once those issues are fixed. I gave my suggestions above and I am sure something can be done while only effort is required. I am sure you can analyze this issue more better and modify possible fix they way you think it will work.
-You mentioned veterans above I think. Don't you think that you must do something to be a veteran? I do agree that veterans are having far more better stuffs then new players have. Well there were several occasions that made a huge gap between veterans and newbies such as wild spawns and shiny UC pokemon when server was in need for a money. And shiny UC was spawned whoever bought it from a token store that day iirc. Veterans are people who are active several years in here and I am sure it was not easy to gain all stuffs one veteran has. Each of you can become veteran one day by being active enough. But try to look from another side how many people active playing since 08/09 left PWO last year or year before? I know at least 10 of them since I don't have more hand fingers otherwise I would remember them more. They will not be able to experience things such as new client and playerdex while you will be able to and I think that makes the same thing "who have/had better opportunities".
-About veterans not selling their stuffs. Well people just don't want to sell their best since they know how much they gave for that and they appreciate things they are having. It is not easy to reach the top but once you reach it everything will be smooth. Example I will buy one pokemon for 150 mils and sell it for 170mils easy and that makes me to have max money constantly since I already have that pokemon I previously bought and there is no reason for me to keep it. Same things with pokemons. No matter what update happens I am will be prepared. This moveset update can be a great example. I don't to have waste my money to buy pokemon which is in fashion since I am going to find in rusty part of my PC.
-I totally agree with you when you said that this game should not be so much concentrated on trading it self and that there is more things to experience. But for now I don't want to plan any possible solution to save economy while people are cheating billions every day like piece of a cake. As Fonty said that you need something to buy with on the auction house, that is true but I wonder how much of stuffs will be obtained by illegal money and players.
-Personally I don't like so much idea of a shiny UC at least some of them. But that is one of the factors why people are donating and something is telling me that shiny chance will remain. When I go to buy smokes I usually buy one product I will not need but buying that product there is a possibility to win some prize such as new bimmer. Human psychic...we always hope to something special.
-I am partially supporting this idea for above named reason. I am having great expectations for this game and its economy and community but first make sure that no one is cheating in here. Once we have a solid terrain we can finally start to build home.

mad30

Youngster
So peopel keep saying the economy is broken over and over again yet never give many reasons why. You did provide a reason: Prices of pokemon are decreasing. So lets focus on that for a min.

In the past the economy has changed many times. When i first entered the game the price for ALL dratinis where from 700k-1.2 million, regardless of stats. The amount of pokemoney the richest players had started to increase this lead to some pokemon increasing in value while others not sought after by those rich players did not increase. However eventually a pokemoney exploit was found and HUNDRED OF BILLIONS of pokemoney entered the game. The economy then was clearly broken and many attemptes were made to reduce the amount of money in game, some ideas were ok, others were a disaster.

eventually though we got to a stable point and after awhile people still werent happy and wanted prices to go down to help out newer players. Then aprox a year ago token selling really took off as a way to make quick pokemoney. This then changed the entire landscape of the eocnomy once again. Now we still have people whining about pokemon prices constantly changing even though thats what everyone begged for not even a year ago...

this leads me to reject the notion because of prices of pokemon are decrease the economy is bad. This is actually part of an economy that is expected to happen (perhaps not at this rate but still), so the fact you use this to justify the economy is broken and needs fixing I do not agree with.

now, shifting gears to actually evaluate the economy itself. There are many things in the current economy that has a place, however the economy is simply underdeveloped. Other than pokemon and tokens, there are not enough goods to justify a large enough demand for pokemoney. because of this pokemoney is always in circulation with mass amounts of pokemoney being added and only a few ways to remove pokemoney permanently. here's the big kicker where pwos economy differs from real life economy. A single change in the economy in pwo, has the enormous possibility to completely change the economy landscape (tokens becoming a higher demand, a hr pokemon changed to rare, ect) in real economies theres always an influx of items that are of demand then are no longer of demand and there are many items.

the only solution for the economy to be completed and more developed is in game purchases that removes money from players and simply does not re-circulate it. this includes items like tms, revives, repel, safari zone eque stuff, pokemart reintoduction, guild stuff, ect. there's simply not enough balance in the economy. you want to remove pokemon buying to help restore this balance, however theres a better solution, oerhaps not one as easy, but one that provides true balance.

just because you think a certain pokemon should be at this price, and it suddenly changes doesnt mean the economy is broken, simply means its changing. we tend to judge the economy base on how we first see it, I may think that the economy 5 months was broken while you think the economy 5 months ago was great and now i may think the economy is better than 5 months ago, while you think its worse.

when people say the economy is broken base off prices of pokemon, its generally an opinionated arguement base on what they have experienced. likewise it would be FOOLISH to try to fix the economy now because there is no fixing it until its completely developed. what would the consequences be if we simply stop allowing trading of pokemoney for pokemon? answer is money will almost cease to circulate, ppl will build up money on their account until it reaches the limit because theres only so many pokeballs/potions/other items ppl will willing to buy and money will become like rep, completely irrelevant to anyone past a certain point.

also, regarding your part about the mart, I am rather confused, you still want people to buy and sell pokemon from it using pokemoney? how is that any different than trading? people would simply abuse the pokemart to complete their trades, if you dont think so, ill give you an exmaple how it was abused before.

ppl use to trade pokemon to themselves with the mart, place a pokemon on it, quickly log into another account, but that pokemon, quick way to trade to urself albeit a bit risky. now if people discover that, how quickly do you think it would get them to realize using the mart can simply be used for trading pokemon for pokemoney and other stuff as well?

However if i simply misunderstood you and you want the mart to be used as more like a trading board, then why even have it as we have the forums? The mart is intended for pokemoney exchanging.. so you may as well just remove the mart and come up with a different system all together then.

either way. in summary i think you are dead wrong, you need to think about this more, and sorry about all my errors and grammar mistakes and or confusing things i said because i am in a big rush and had to make this quick.

Jhaxion

In my opinion once the playerdex goes live it will help to stabilize things. I'm not saying that prices will rise or fall suddenly overnight. I'm just saying it will help to balance the eco. I actually remember what the old mart was like before it went away. People need to start getting used to the idea that the day's of selling rares for 100m+ are over. Almost every mmo goes threw some kind of economy shift at some point . Wether that's a good or bad thing for pwo I don't know.

OGPokemaster

mad30 said:
he only solution for the economy to be completed and more developed is in game purchases that removes money from players and simply does not re-circulate it. this includes items like tms, revives, repel, safari zone eque stuff, pokemart reintoduction, guild stuff, ect. there's simply not enough balance in the economy. you want to remove pokemon buying to help restore this balance, however theres a better solution, oerhaps not one as easy, but one that provides true balance.

this is very true and makes alot of sense and frankly id rather see all that done then removing the ability to trade pokemon for money.

mad30 said:
also, regarding your part about the mart, I am rather confused, you still want people to buy and sell pokemon from it using pokemoney? how is that any different than trading?

No i meant that it still be useful because u can likly make better trades using it to trade pokemon for other pokemon

mad30 said:
However if i simply misunderstood you and you want the mart to be used as more like a trading board, then why even have it as we have the forums? The mart is intended for pokemoney exchanging.. so you may as well just remove the mart and come up with a different system all together then.

as i wasnt around for the last mart or whatever it was i dont really know what it was like, and its hard to come up with a good example of wat i was thinking, but if u've ever played the pokemon for DS i was thinking of it similar to the GTS (Global Trade system) with u able to browse the pokemon ppl are willing to trade then send then a request to trade one pokemon for another

mad30 said:
either way. in summary i think you are dead wrong, you need to think about this more

It was just an idea ive been thinking about for sometime and finally decided to make a topic about it, worked in the games and works in a few other pokemon mmos that will remain unnamed (although its easy to know what im talking about). and again i made the topic for feedback on the idea.

AizenUchiha

i think ur idea would be nice once held items like lucky egg and exp share + Tms r available in game and available to trade if only pokemons can be traded it'd be kinda hard and it'd take some time to find a certain poke since some people got complicated tastes but if we can offer items or TM they might need it'd help alot , well i dont think the way trade is in pwo is that bad but we dont know for sure if locking the usage of money to buy pokes would make it better or not so its kinda risky since most of people got used to selling and buying with money but it'd be nice to try that idea

Nikola

Youngster
-This is one of the examples why I gave those suggestions. This happened about an hour ago and it is happening everyday. Maybe you find a balance by trading with people like they are. To bad to see this happening every day. But this is a reality. Think about it twice next time.

gMkLMCv.png

Merse

Youngster
Pokemoney is the only thing you will surely gain. Sooner or later you will have several millions on your account. If you're lucky, you'll find something ultra valuable and you'll get that money instantly. if you're not lucky, you are still able to gain a decent amount by grinding and selling less valuable Pokemon. So sooner or later you'll have something to offer for that very valuable Pokemon you want to buy.
But if you can't offer money, then you're stuck. If you can't trade money for Pokemon, you're condemned to pray for luck and an extremely powerful Poke. If you're not lucky enough to find a S VR, an epic HR or something similar you will never be able to offer anything for the Pokemon you want, you never gonna get it.

I agree that the market should be fixed somehow, but I don't think this would be the right way.