My First Thoughts About PWO

TheWyatt2012

I do agree that there should be higher leveled spawns as you progress. Hopefully something will be done about that in the future. But I don't think that should completely diminish grinding, as it is part of MMO's.

You shouldn't be able to buy your way to success, but that's a whole other story.

Unfortunately that's how PWO's economy is right now. People get rich off of selling tokens.

I don't necessarily like the fact that Pokemon are treated in the fashion that weapons and armor are in other games either.

To be honest, they're pixels.

Rubbersock

TheWyatt2012 said:
I do agree that there should be higher leveled spawns as you progress. Hopefully something will be done about that in the future. But I don't think that should completely diminish grinding, as it is part of MMO's.

You shouldn't be able to buy your way to success, but that's a whole other story.

Unfortunately that's how PWO's economy is right now. People get rich off of selling tokens.

I don't necessarily like the fact that Pokemon are treated in the fashion that weapons and armor are in other games either.

To be honest, they're pixels.

Grinding is a part of Korean MMO's, from my experience. Newer MMO's are trying to stray away from hours of meaningless grinding, and instead, they're adding newer, fun ways of achieving the same goals. The main thing I love about Pokemon games is the replayability. No matter how fast you beat the gyms and the Elite 4, there's still TONS of hours of things to do. However, on PWO, they seem to drag out the gyms just for the sake of dragging them out. Maybe that's what I don't like. And as far as your pixel comment goes, I mean, when you first join PWO and start seeing Pokemon being sold and traded for money, it kind of took me by surprise. It was like I was being a part of some kind of underground, black market slave trade for Pokemon. Again, just takes getting used to.