MOVE SET PUT OF CONTROL

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
I want to see opinion of other players and staffs in here.
-I want to ask why spheal became UC all of sudden with no warning. Then people were flooding chat with them.
-Why dragonite was nerfed?Outrage had 120 power. Now its to weak. That isnt a Dragon pokemon anymore. They should be strong. WHy dragonite was nerfed but espeon, alakazam etc are no? They are using future sight move which is heavy broken move yet he has a full power impact. Make no sense for me. looks like putting fingers somewhere where natural balance is ok. Future sight is just more broken then giga impact is and outrage. Note that this is only comparison between dragonite and those. I know that dragonite is well used but not many people have desired dragonite. Above all he would give more damage to strong pokes such as slaking. You would do a better thing if you nerfed espon, kazam etc then dragonite a number one dragon pokemon. Same thing with flygon he isnt updated even if he is token pokemon. And its really weird why scizor is upgraded again with no announcment and for exmaple token pokemons are not. I would like to hear opinion of a few experts in this field. Was dragonite nerf right thing to do? And updating catchables while UC nop. Thanks. :)

Saric

Youngster
1. There was a warning, albeit indirectly noted here http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=17812 Since spheal only appeared in the water lab, and it was removed...
2. Dragonite itself wasn't nerfed. Outrage was just lowered. Espeon nor kazam needs nerfing as they have a blatant weakness that very easily renders them useless. Dark types for espeon and practically every physical move for kazam.
3. Outrage needed lowering because that move alone was basically dominating the battle scene along with slaking.
4. And lastly, outrage wasn't really nerfed. Merely taken back to its 3rd gen base power.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think the only thing you touched on that needs looking into now is moves like Future Sight, reversal, brine etc. They were introduced a while back with 'averaged' attack strengths. Some I have felt overpowered from the start so I do believe there needs to be a discussion on all the averaged moves at some point. The water lab being removed has been mentioned for months and I personally have been repeating this in both chats (irc and ingame) since I read it on the forums. So the information is out there, it's just a matter of taking notice of what staff (and other helpers who make a point of keeping informed and up to date, which is all I was until not long ago) say here on the forums, IRC chat and ingame.

mad30

Youngster
Where was it mentioned that the lab was being removed at?

Also, there's a reason we didn't inform the players, and don't about every change we do.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
IRC or forums I don't remember exactly where. It was in a general discussion about dratini spawns and water lab in particular but I don't remember who mentioned it.

Dovee

Youngster
Changes happen, its a beta game.
Dragonite was too strong, Lol at you saying its no longer a dragon, its still a very viable dragon.
With Future Sight Espeon and Kazam actually have a chance to compete in the current battle scene.

Nikola

Youngster
There is one part which made to think twice about that. Dragonite was powerful and it is now...But nerfing one pokemon just to make handful of others more viable doesn't look like a right thing and above all they are also using broken moves as you said above for example FutureSight. Instead of experimenting with those I would rather focus myself toward battle engine development. And I do agree that token pokemon are lacking of moveset seeing catchables and their moveset. Honestly in my opinion only tauros and slaking should left nerfed. You don't want Slaking with yawn...since you are against OP thing.