More Suggestions - NPCS, Disclosure.

Shiningamisgirl

Thx to Teck, Lumi, Hitmon for being so good about answering a lot of these!

Newer Suggestion: Regarding my opinion on Breeding. LDR.
My personal view on breeding, if it ever were to be implemented.

01 - Money amount. Not 1m. What if I just want a really good IV rat, or tangela, or ponyta?

02 - All Pokemon must be born into baby forms.

03 - The result will be always a pokemon Lv5.

04 - Only two Pokemon of the same breed can breed together. (Two arcas, two dragos, etc)

05 - Both Pokemon must be the same lvl. That lvl must be 99. (Which means yes, people will have another reason to lvl their Pokemon, finally!)

06 - A breeding pass must be obtained via Quest. (Create a quest, pass, etc. Let's make some official breeders!)

07- Breeding can only be done in designated breeding areas, after finishing all requirements. (The daycare? Somewhere.)

08 -A breeding has a chance at failure. (Remember the original game, where some pokmeon, even M and F of same species, would simply hate each other, and not breed? Yeah. Implement that. Breeding failure ratio.)

09 - If both parents are non-shiny Pokemon, the child will be non-shiny. (Genetics ppl, genetics. A rock + a rock does not = a diamond.)

10 - To get an S chance, both parents need to be S.

11 - No S Guarantee with S Pokemon breeding. How about that chance at S be the same chance number as Token store pokemon. (Not same iv's, same chance rate as spending extra tokens to get shiny poke.) So if you breed together 2 S pokemon, there is a very low chance the offspring will also be S. Though it could have good IV's like an S. (The market shouldn't be Iv based anyhow. There need to be more factors to it, other than IV's.)

11-1/2 - S Pokemon Offspring, whether or not they are S, must have Iv's that mimic S Pokemon. (Not token store S, but in game caught S-S. That means 28+ In areas.)

12 - Ditto can be used, but only with non-S pokemon (Unless said ditto is S). Higher chance of poke breeding failure due to transformation fail.

13 - Breeding moves are allowed. (Big thnx to Lumins n Hitmonfonts for explaining this one to me!)

14 - Token store Pokemon cannot breed. (Le gasp! No S token pokes breeding! No metagross babies! Noooo! Yeah, no Token Store Breeders.)

15 - Only currently in game Pokemon can breed. (No UO's, no UC's.)

16 - I believe Seasonal breeding would be something cool to implement. (Certain Pokemon can breed at certain times, months, seasons, etc.)

My rant: Regarding Disclosure and NPCS.
Disclosure to the Players:
Now in most MMO's, the developers, staff, etc. Do not inform the players of 'minor changes', they are low impact, and the players find out about them after said changes have been made. Major changes, naturally, are announced to the community. Pwo sadly is still in BETA. Which means testing, which means, I assume..that the staff want constructive feedback on the changes. Whether or not they work, how it effects the player base, etc.

The staff however, more often then not. Wishes to see us in discussions. To hear our opinions, and know what we'd like to see in the game -whether or not said things are actually possible to implement- Discussion is good! Unless, however. What is being discussed is impossible. That's just philosophizing, theorizing..etc...

I feel, that, if the team is going to ask our opinion, etc. On certain topics, subjects, blah. Then they should also inform us of what can, and can not be done, with the client we have. (I'm not talking about anything that requires a new client to exist. Simply what can be done with the client we currently have. Nothing to do with Hoenn, the Playerdex -which I've heard requires new client?- Nothing that can't happen!)

A list should be made of said things -what can and can not be worked on, implemented, changed, fixed-. So that when we do have any sort of discussion. It's meaningful, helpful even! Instead of us running around like chickens without heads clucking (gurgling?) at you the staff, about our wants/needs, whaaa whaa whaa. All that nonsense.

The list does not necessarily need to be a priority list, nor do you need to do anything about the items on said list. -after all we all know you guys have you're own personal line up of what does and does not need to happen when- It's more of a , so we the players know, and arent running around asking for things that 'cant' happen yet.

NPC Changes: Edit - Include NPC Turn OFF/ON option.
Ultimately I don't feel that Npc's need to yield more PKmoney. I feel they need to yield more exp. Though yielding more pkmoney to new players would be helpful. Theres the idea of inflation to consider..but assuming Tokens and Botters are in thorough circulation, Inflation is already an issue. Solve it by making NPCs as good as Hunting, take away the Botters advantage. People need another way to get their Pokemon to 99.

Honestly it would lower market prices for some Pokemon, raise them for others, cut down on funds/pokemon held in bot accounts. Cause why buy it when you can take care of you're own? Doing this would also give the old players a reason to want to battle NPCS again! Instead of avoiding them like the plague.

Npcs are an integral part of any MMO. Secondary to the main plot and players, but still important. As of now. Npcs are ANNOYING and SUCK.

Newbies whine about the 2 week limit, cant lvl/gain money fast enough to get a surf board or to ever catch up to more wealthy players. Old players utterly despise them, and go out of the way to avoid them, because by time you're at that lvl NPCS give soooo little that you'd rather not ever see one again at all, then trudge through any. (I've noticed that it's very easy for players to avoid npcs. That's fine if you're just playing to hunt, sell, catch S and boss iv pokes, but what about ppl who want to play for fun? Who want a battle that's not PVP?)

Let it be known that PVP battles can be rather harsh, to the inexperienced, and are generally not newbie friendly. -unless said new player has a very well put together team of a certain lvl/ multiple lvls. 10's, 15's, 30's, 50's, 99's, all popular battle and tournament/player held unofficial event, lvls.

The fact is, a lot of issues with the market, and other noted areas, might be able to be solved if the NPCs got a fix. I have in fact heard players say, that they hate NPCS because they get in the way of Hunting, and feel that the best and only way to lvl a Pokemon, should be through tedious grind and hunting. Naturally grinding is part of any MMO, but only when it yields proper rewards, or when the profit of grinding is worth the tedium. I'm not sure that it is here, and feel some NPCs need to be updated, or at least randomized? Can they re-spawn battles at random times? Can they gain more lvl's than they do after one's completed an area? (I go from Johto to Kanto. Why do all the NPCS stay weak in Kanto? Shouldn't they match up with the level I should be at? Not Gyms, just, normal NPCS. No saying it's for training purposes. That's what wild Pokemon are for.)

Also also alsoooo - Being able to re-battle Gym Leaders, for the challenge of it even, cause the lackeys before the gym leader are generally weaker, much much weaker.

(Note: Part of the issue with Pokemon with boss iv's/S Pokemon, is that in order to obtain, you either hunt or buy. New players cant buy, and generally suck at hunting. Unless they have MS. Old players/Hunters/Collectors, then cannot sell their Pokemon hoards, because no new players can purchase them. The economy becomes stagnant, wealth gets recycled through old systems. Unless luck occurs -like winning the lottery sort of thing, but with a Pokemon find/catch-)

Old Suggestions regarding Pokedex, Surfboards,Token store and Name Changes. TLDR
Pokedex:
What is the purpose of the Pokedex? To fill with pokes of course! What is the incentive or reward though...
Sure there's pure drive, passion, and borderline obsession with some people. With the rest however; there is no incentive to go and catch, buy, obtain via trade, token store, in any way or sort, the Pokemon in the dex (and I'm not talking the nonexistent ones). No reward = No incentive, no purpose. True there is the little ball that shows up under names in forums..but as it was pointed out to me recently. Forums are not attended to by the general populace. Gerneral populace being anyone who just want's to 'beat' the game, and move on.

Surfboards Requirements:

Yeah...Just like you don't need one to get to a gym, shouldn't need one to get between regions, or should at least lower the price. As a gold sink item; it's a terrible one. One that has a much better replacement in trains, bikes, CC caves. As the only players spending money on it, are new ones. Older players (though there are some generous ones!) Aren't going to be very likely to part with 100k. Neither is anyone saving up for that special poke/train tickets/poke balls/escape ropes..etc..They're planning on spending it on. It may however work as a hindrance to people who are making multiple accounts (and newcomers), but once you can trade, you can trade, and the Surfboard is once again pointless.

I would suggest..since the Train Pass is already a quest..and you now have trains in Viridian,etc..How about making that the goal? It'll force players to do the train pass quest off the bat, and then allow them to go on into Viridian, which is the starting point of the Kanto journey for Johto'ers anyhow. (Not sure yet how that would translate for Kanto Starters..) They'll then have something to spend the 10k they receive from the Train pass quest on. Like train tickets. Then the Surfboard could really be a luxury item, and you could leave it 100k (if done that way). Otherwise..do away with it? It's just that trains seem like a faster easier fix since they're already there. They don't have to allow the player to go to other train stations (Silver town for beginners, Saffron,etc) until they've done x,y,z, gotten their Union Pass, whatever.

Token Store and 'Buying' Membership: Name changes needed!
This is a donation site. Non-Profit. I get that, but many people seem to have difficulty with the concept. I feel the reason, may be..The lingo. I've seen one too many stupid arguments over 'why is it named that? But you buy it? Blah blah..etc. Ech..I think most of this stuff has to do with the way things are worded in the playerdex. Not so much the wiki..Why does no one read the wiki!?

Instead of Buying/Purchasing Membership: Membership Gifting, Membership Bundling, Membership Package, Membership Trade In, Membership Exchange, Token-ship.Wan't to become a member? Use your gift tokens HERE ---->. Membersclusiveness!
Don't know..don't care, but the word BUY, has got to go. In my opinion. This is all optional of course, as I've never had problems with any of these particular things, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

In stead of Token Store: Token Exchange/Token Donation/Gift Exchange/ Pokemon Token Exchange/ Token Trade In Area/Gift Trade. Token Toys! - Anything that does not reference to 'purchasing,buying,spending money towards something in a way that can be confused with a For profit organization, vs non profit.' Especially since, with a persons 'donation' They are already obtaining tokens in the amount of whatever they donated. To then use these gifted tokens to 'buy' anything, is confusing, and might make the consumer think 'but didn't I just spend money on this!? Whai I buy again, me no get!'

Also, in the token store gift donating area, where you use the paypal with the playerdex..I would make it abundantly clear, that one should make sure of 'whom' they are donating to, before they donate anything. It should also be made even more clear that once you donate to yourself, those donations are yours, and can not be donated over to someone else. I know you guys go over all of this in the wiki, but people don't read the wiki. They will however be reading the playerdex in their faces, right before donating. Heck, put it in HUGE RED LETTERS, even. "BE AWARE THAT ONCE YOU DONATE YOU CANNOT UN-DONATE/TRADE TO ANOTHER PLAYER. DONATIONS MUST BE MADE TO THE ACCOUNT YOU WISH TO SEE RECEIVE THE TOKENS. IF YOU ARE TRADING TOKENS TO XXXX DO NOT GIFT THEM TO YOURSELF!" Something like that. -shrugs-

Spawn Rates Novel Posting: Regarding Spawning, Marketplace, Player Base, Pokemon and Community types. TLDR.

Lady Teck you genius! -spams love at- Sneaky. I knew you guys were cooking something up. Love it! Don't care what you guys do with it! Since however, you're asking for opinions..for when you're changing whatever it is you're changing. Names..rates..etc.

I am btw, super duper DUPER excited for all of this! I won't mind seeing Pokemon Lvls, rates, map positions, changed. Especially since none of the rates mattered for us before anyhow! -always thought the map placement of some pokes was odd as well-. I'm glad the names will be changed as well (HR is still horribly rare for me!) Honestly..whether or not people know the rate's of a Pokemon. People will still hunt specific ones. The market doesn't even play into it as heavily as battling and collecting does. After all, who buys from the sellers? The consumers. It might change "Where" they hunt, but it certainly wont change "What" they're hunting. Especially if they aren't hunting at all.

A few thoughts of my own, for when/how the changes do go into effect.

What rules the Pokemon World? Depending on the types, there are three, and they are all vitally different.

PVP Battle Pokemon Iv's and Shinys. Can also be really Op or reaaallly low Type disadvantage. (Slaking anyone? S Stars? Scizor? Sabeleye?)
Gym Beating Pokemon - Can be anything, and be total CRAP, but must win against gyms. Usually high lvl freebies.
Collection Pokemon - Must be Shiny, HR, UC, etc. Maybe trying to get all Pkdex. Or all of a rarity type in S form (All S R's, all S Vr's.) Iv's don't matter. Either because it's just there to be collected, or because it's an S!!

Rarity Rates Across Regions: Can this be fixed? Safari zones may be excluded. Safari's should also maybe see an update, some new attractions to the zoo? Removals of old pokes? (Like Scyther, Rats, etc.)

I've never quite understood how/why the rarity of Pokemon -whatever they have been- varies so much between regions, Zones, Towns, etc. Why one Pokemon is VR or HR in one area, and yet Common in another? (Growlithe and Horsea for example.) Now this would make sense, if it only applied to Pokemon specific to, or only able to be found/caught in, said region. If of course it is specific to the region, then shouldn't it be equal rarity across the region? To 1: Keep mass people from hunting in a tiny area for 1 Pokemon (Snorlax...), and 2 give people a reason to move through the region. Traffic flow and all that jazz. If it's the same everywhere, even if it's only region specific, then players will be everywhere. Instead of pacing in small areas. (Daycares excluded).

Pikachu for example. Why is he HR on Rt. 2, and yet VR in Powerplant? (Even if the measurements are meaningless or skewed) The natural answer is because 'duh Elec poke in the Powerplant', but if that's the case why put him in Viridian forest at all? You certainly don't need it to beat Brock or Misty. (Unless this has something to do with the GBA Versions story line.) Has he been caught there? Absolutely, but who would waste the time when he's far easier to spawn in another area. Most other players knowing this, would advise against hunting him seriously there (and there are some serious hunters). When they are more likely to spawn one, or an S version, in the Powerplant. Especially since there is also a chance to find and catch Elekid in the Powerplant, should you miss out on Pika.

Broken Pokems and Commons:
Part of what makes PWO what it is. Besides the wonderful community. Is the Pokemon themselves. Not only 'how rare is it?', but also, 'how well does it do in PvP?', 'do any of it's moves work?' and let's not forget'is it Shiny?'. Sometimes the market plays in "How much is this worth?" Though the market is known to change rapidly; always in flux. No matter the Pokemons rarity, if it's broken. It's broken. The only people that will actively seek it out, are Collectors and Hunters looking to sell to Collectors.

A Ditto for example, unless shiny, will go for nothing on the market. The same goes for Sneasles, Slowkings, S Rats, etc. Do they go for something? Sure! As much as a wanted shiny Pokemon or a decent gym/pvp battle pokemon? Nope. Heck people give away S Bats and Rats for free! They are..that terrible.

A Horsea and Mareep for another, two common Pokemon. Go for different rates. Why? Because Mareep/Amphros is undesirable in PvP battles (compared to other elec types) unless of course, it's Shiny. Horsea/Kingdra, is a much better PvP battler, more people want it for that purpose and so it goes for more, but ONLY if it has decent IV's, or is Shiny. Even when both of them are Shiny however, the price is different. S Amphs can go for much more than an S Kingdra. Less S Amphs exist, even though both types are Common. Likely because more people actively hunt S Horseas (PvP, and Selling purposes). Maybe also because less people are actively lvling, Daycaring in Mareep areas? Though it also seems to be that less S Mareeps are encountered than S Horseas; even when actively hunting them.

HR Rating:
HR, whatever the rating of it. Isn't always effective. I've seen players multiple HR's spawn in an hour. While a person in the same area will encounter 0 within a multitude of hours. Maybe it's luck? Maybe the rates are odd? Maybe it's bots? Who knows! What we do know is that MS does not/never has/will(hopefully) increase catch/spawn rate. Only Shiny encounter rate. So MS cant be the problem, and if the spawn/catch rate is stagnant, then it can't be the problem. So the system is obviously wonky, needs some changing. How does luck, and random map generation factor in?

Which reminds me: Types of Players.The Community.

Collectors/Hunters: The collectors want..everything..Every stage of every Pokemon in every color of the rainbow that this game has to offer. There are exclusively players who seek only to catch/own what everyone else says is impossible. All S rares, all S Vr's, even All S Hr's and UC's (if it were possible). The collectors aim to keep. Hunters often aim to sell. Especially if they get something good with good Iv's. Heck, sometimes even if it has bad iv's. (They enjoy having/Donating for Membership!)

Daycare's/Levelers: People who's sole purpose is to level their own, or other Peoples Pokemon. All they do is level, to whatever level desired, in whichever areas are best for that Pokemon type. You'll almost always find 'em where the best exp is given. (Npcs, Gyms, Mt. Silver, DD..etc.) They don't care about encountering Pokemon, so much as they care about killing em. Not that they won't catch the occasional S or HR..Though I've noticed some of the most desired S's, and HR's are also in some of the areas that give the best exp. Clever! (They also enjoy having/Donating for Membership!)

Battlers : They want the HIGHEST Iv's, the SHINIEST shiny's, the best fighters in the game! (Which depending on move sets, broken moves, availability, change frequently.) The battlers have a big hand in changing buying market rates. They're as much a consumer as collectors are (unless collectors are also hunters). They're the players kicking out the money to purchase poke's, hire Daycare's, buy those elusive super shiny pokes, and put in the time to get them to lvl (whichever) if they can't afford a daycare afterwards.

General Populace: They're usually very new, and here for the fun of it! They don't necessarily care about the market..catching, hunting, S's. They just wanna beat the game! Get all the gyms, do all the quests..and then what? Leave usually. They played the game, they beat what there was of it to be beat; they might come back occasionally for an event, but that's it.

Token store and Existing Pokemon:
It should also be noted that Token donations, and what kind of Pokemon are available in the token store. Have some hand in this. If you are looking to effect the market, etc.

Crobats(what is a soothe bell for?) , kabutos, omanytes. Hitmonlee's, Chans, Makuhitas. etc. Not UC? In the game in multitudes? Keeping them in the Token store would only make sense if there were none circulating in game. Maybe have token store 'special releases'. Umbreon for example, is in game now, shuppets too. How low do they go? Only the Iv's know. I know better than to donate if I can get one another way though. If you take them away from token-donation however..and re-release them later? -shrugs- Maybe only take out certain pokes during event/quest times? Then put em back out when they're done and over with.

It might give people incentive to look at the forums, announcements..Remember what a wiki is for..

To keep things interesting. Maybe consider removing completely Broken/Useless Pokemon from token store. Unknowns for example, a collector might donate for one, might even donate for a S version. That's one type you're drawing in, but the rest of the people? What would they want with it? Maybe along with removing, and doing special things with some Pokemon in game (Snorlax, Kabu, etc) You could also remove totally broken Pokemon from the game. Until such a time as their moves are fixed/they have a purpose/event/quest/etc. (That does not include totally broken pre-evolutions, such as abra. Which becomes usefully after training. Unlike Ditto, Smeargle.)

Though I do understand keeping them, for the collectors....Maybe throw em into the safari in place of Rats?

Also..and I do realize, that the spawn rate and catch rate are two completely different things. One determines the amount of a type of poke that shows up in any given area..and the other determines how difficult they are to get. If you're gonna change one though, why not change both? Simultaneously? Shouldn't a catch rate reflect upon the rarity of the Pokemon? It shouldn't take 20+pkballs to catch a rat of any kind. It should take double or triple that to catch something even more rare. If that thing spawns at all..or overspawns in some cases.

For anyone who has fears of market issues, catching/Spawn rate issues,etc...I wouldn't. If we never truly knew the rarity rates (which according to Teck they've always been off, and we never knew. Oh The Lies!!) Then if they make changes to them, whatever they are, they wont effect us any more than not knowing the rates before effected us. Heck, who knows if we'll even notice! They also wont be likely to effect the market any more than an event does. A good free market is a self regulating one, laissez-faire and all that. Since there is no government to regulate and set our prices. All of that stuff is player set.

mhanth4f

Shiningamisgirl said:
Newbies whine about the 2 week limit, cant lvl/gain money fast enough to get a surf board or to ever catch up to more wealthy players. Old players utterly despise them, and go out of the way to avoid them, because by time you're at that lvl NPCS give soooo little that you'd rather not ever see one again at all, then trudge through any. (I've noticed that it's very easy for players to avoid npcs. That's fine if you're just playing to hunt, sell, catch S and boss iv pokes, but what about ppl who want to play for fun? Who want a battle that's not PVP?)

Well, just want to point that out. I love what im quoting.

The wall of text is strong in this one. But the inflation is stronger in this one.

nemo55

Happy New Years Shini!!!!

I vote you for PWOs Journalist! Shini the Passenger Pidgey!! O0

Gobfather

nemo55 said:
Happy New Years Shini!!!!

I vote you for PWOs Journalist! Shini the Passenger Pidgey!! O0

HAPY NEW YEARS 8)

Shining I agree you are absolutley prefect for the position, so much to say, so much creativity, anything at all you make into this elaborate entertaining peice. Would be fun to have [J]Shinigamisgirl on duty C:) Completly irelated to your post yes but ;D ;D

Pangaea

I literally agree with everything said in this post, but for the NPC section, why not have a button to turn off all the NPC's completely? Why have NPC's be a "you must do this NOW" kind of thing?

Tecknician

Oh wow Shiningamisgirl >.< So much to reply to.

First I will say I LOVE!!!! you took so much time and effort to make that post.

Secondly, while I will be replying to things I disagree with, there are some things I do agree with.

Now where to start: Lets start off with a easy reply.

For traveling to a new region, the train does not present a desired solution to my biggest concern: forcing players to explore the entire game the first time through. A player going to a new region should always start in the first town (New bark in Johto, Pallet in kanto). Because the train skips these towns why would a person ever go there if they don't have to? Gameplay wise it doesn't make sense, but as an RPG it does.

Surfboards is not a good solution to this, but is the best one currently. Likewise, surfboards as a money sink was done 3 years ago. Obviously we have come a long way since then and this philosophy is now outdated. But we haven't changed it. I assure you this is something many members of the staff also dislike and is something we are constantly looking at to improve.

Now, on to the next issue: disclosing what the client can and can't do.
This is actually pretty hard from a practical standpoint and for what we are trying to achieve standpoint. First, when you give people a list of what they CAN'T DO that limits their creativity and what they are willing to think about to the point they don't even come up with possible ideas as effectively. Limitations are bad for thought processes.

Secondly, just because a client has a limitation, doesn't mean we can't take an impossible idea and adjust it to something possible. This happens a lot within staff discussions. Once such thing was recent implementation of TMs. We couldn't get it so the player can pick which pokemon to teach the TM to, it was impossible to implement at that point. So instead we forced the TM to work on the first pokemon in the party. Is the game better with slightly flawed but still useable TMs? What if we started out with the limitations of "items can't choose a target pokemon outside of battle". Most people would then not considered adding TM's because choosing a pokemon and using a TM is natural and subconsciously don't think about one without the other. What would then be suggested is using playerdex, but that's a discussion for another time.

Finally making such a list will just confuse everyone unless they have experience with programing. A lot of players already don't understand the difference between server functions and client functions.

Now, as for catch rate.
In the handhelds, you have better pokeballs to make the catch rate easier, in pwo we don't have those balls (nor can they be implemented because of the blasted client!) so it just looks like its so much worse than the handhelds. However, I may have found a different solution to the problem. :) Have faith.

For the spawn rate.
Simply changes will be made that confuses, frustrates, angers, and excites players all at the same time. I will simply say, in the past we have tried to make a spawn that makes every map a destination for hunting a pokemon, this will no longer be the case.

With the different rarities. It's because of habitats and lore mainly. Lets use a real life example. Rats can be found in the grass, in basements, alleys, and sewers. Now, I would say if you want the most likelihood of seeing a rat, go to a sewer. The least likely place of seeing a rat is in grass, yet still possible to see. The same idea is true with pokemon, just because something CAN be seen someplace, doesn't mean its often seen there. Yet can be seen someplace else much more often. You may see a lot of gastlys in a haunted graveyard, but only a few at night on route 36.

Finally, we keep changing the battle system and adding things all the time. We can't be adjusting everything about the game base on pvp trends and what is and isn't desired. Something that is not currently wanted now, may become hugely used after a few more updates, should we then change it's rarity? What about the opposite, what if something goes down in value? Should we then remove it from the token store and change it's rarity as well? PVP or what value players place on pokemon should not dictate the spawns as views about the value of pokemon is dynamic.

Pangaea

Empress Teck said:
With the different rarities. It's because of habitats and lore mainly. Lets use a real life example. Rats can be found in the grass, in basements, alleys, and sewers. Now, I would say if you want the most likelihood of seeing a rat, go to a sewer. The least likely place of seeing a rat is in grass, yet still possible to see. The same idea is true with pokemon, just because something CAN be seen someplace, doesn't mean its often seen there. Yet can be seen someplace else much more often. You may see a lot of gastlys in a haunted graveyard, but only a few at night on route 36.

I disagree with this and partly agree with this. Rats are extremely annoying to come across, yes. You say rats can be found in basements, alleys, and sewers all of which obviously need people there. Instead of putting them everywhere on the map practically, why not take them off and put them on 2 or 3 routes in Kanto and Johto. As you said you most likely wouldn't find a rat in the grass, so why even put it in the grass if you say it's very very uncommon to find one? Rats are useless for battlers, and right now (excuse this) it's getting in the way of many people hunting for a specific pokemon. They're coming across rats probably 75% of the time they are hunting.

I understand you just can't make the rats go away, so why not just change the rarity of them in certain spots to rare or very rare to calm people down about getting rats 75% of the time.

Tecknician

Pangaea said:
I disagree with this and partly agree with this. Rats are extremely annoying to come across, yes. You say rats can be found in basements, alleys, and sewers all of which obviously need people there. Instead of putting them everywhere on the map practically, why not take them off and put them on 2 or 3 routes in Kanto and Johto. As you said you most likely wouldn't find a rat in the grass, so why even put it in the grass if you say it's very very uncommon to find one? Rats are useless for battlers, and right now (excuse this) it's getting in the way of many people hunting for a specific pokemon. They're coming across rats probably 75% of the time they are hunting.
First, pokemon habitat is different than real life habitats.
Secondly, perhaps part of the whole spawn revamp is to reduce these spam pokemon in maps they aren't really needed ;)

Shiningamisgirl

Happy New years to you all!

Aww, no guys, you shouldn't, I mean I cant! I totally cant accept all of this praise! -takes a bow, blows kisses, accepts crown- Thank you all!

Yus just call me Shini - The Passenger Journalist Extraordinaire! Though I think I'm more of a Pidgeot myself..Maybe a Swellow.

@Agreeing with People.

The Staff are plotting to do things, the Staff are plotting to do things! Tralalalalaalaaa! -dances about- I totally get what you're saying Teckumms, and that you're saying it can/will be changed. Changes! -sings the praises- I shall have hope then! I did notice that there was not a single bat in Cinnabar Island volcano area. Very nice. (Course..lava..but still!) I totally understand where you're coming from Teck, and the hindrances in the way of you guys achieving what is wanted both for the community and the game. (Stupid freaking coding..)

I love that spawning is going to be redefined! No more hunting on every map! Wooo!!

I also agree with what Pangaea said, in regards to giving the NPCS having an on/off switch. Considering there is a limit on rep, being able to turn them off might be fun for some players. So improve em, but also give em an on/off switch!

@Changing the wording - In regards to Disclosure.

Now that I understand some of the limitations Staff face. Both Client side and Server side. I see that Disclosure cant be listed in the way I'd assumed it could be. As with all things, it's really just not that simple; is it? There cant be a CAN DO and CANT DO list. That'd defeat the purpose of having the list. Such a list would also not allow for loopholes that can be exploited in the coding. As you stated with TM's.(Not perfect, but it works well enough!)

I also understand that a majority of the players either do not know or care about coding enough to be able to understand how it makes up and divides Client v.s Server issues. I still say that Knowledge is power. Just because a man doesn't know the chemical compounds that make up a Black Widow's poison, or the effects it may have on ones nervous system upon being bitten. Does not mean he shouldn't be told that the spider is indeed poisonous!

Internet logix yo. Access to know everything, even if you cant understand half of it.
(Btw this is not me saying 'Give away you're secret game recipe!' Tha'd be insanity.)

I totally get that the staff cant list their priority list (what comes first, what comes last, etc.) As that'd ruin the surprise, and cause a whole bucket of backlash whining.

How about then, a Plausible list! Things that COULD be, rather than what CAN/CANT be. Since nothing is truly impossible, only hindered by our own understanding of such things. Then we should know all things! Whether or not it's currently able to exist in the form we think it should exist in. It could always come to us via a different route, in a different package, through a loophole.

"Answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?" "Men's courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead." "But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. Say it is thus with what you show me!"