More forms of payment

pmlm11

My suggestion is to create more forms of payment. Today I have tried to make a donation to gain some tokens in order to buy membership. The problem is that, I dont have credit card, and I can't have a credit card, so i can't use paypal. No offense, but it's stupid just one form of payment even more so when paypal its not the easy way to make payments. What I suggest it's to create easiest options of payment, like paysafe for exemple, give the players more easily and quickly ways when buying tokens. I think with that the pwo community can hold more players to the game, and maybe attract more players, and the players like me thanks, so it's good for both sides. I hope to be heard, because I enjoy this game, I really like it, but without membership I beginning to lose interest, and I think I'm not the only one with that problem. I have money, but I can't use paypal, it's frustrating. I hope you can help me, thanks for your attention!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
This has been asked many times before. This game is not for profit and as long as it has enough money to cover running costs and upgrade its resources periodically there is no real need to have more payment options and there is no current plan to add them.

pmlm11

HitmonFonty said:
This has been asked many times before. This game is not for profit and as long as it has enough money to cover running costs and upgrade its resources periodically there is no real need to have more payment options and there is no current plan to add them.
If this game is not for profit why membership gives the possibility of 300% more chance to find a shiny ? Hmm, that makes no sense. It is starting to get boring, because its impossible make enough money to buy the pokemons I like, the price they ask is impossible to achieve. Other reason is that some of the best pokemons for me are impossible to catch, like baulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, articuno, zapdos, moltres, mewtwo and mew, so its stupid play a game when you can't catch your favourites. It should be very difficult special the legendarys, but it should be POSSIBLE. Oh, wait, you can buy squirtle, charmander and baulbasaur with tokens, and if you pay more you have the possibility to earn a shiny one, but the game its not for profit -.- Any way, the only chance that i can get my favourite pokemons is to capture shinys and selling to make money, but wihout membership its extremely frustrating try to catch one, and you know it, so what I ask isn't to give free membership to players, but give them the possibility to buy it, i can't use paypal, but I want to buy membership, and I have money enough for that.
If you have been asked many times about it, means that it is a general opinion, you should give some importance to the requirements of your players i think, if there are no people to play your project ends, am I right? So, i think you should give more attention to player's request.
I know I will not be heard, as always, because I'm just a guy making a request that probably nor is it so difficult for you to perform. For all the reasons I have pointed but mainly the last one, I leave this game. I hope that whenever someone feel that they are not giving due attention to the players how I felt, do the same thing as I, and I'm sure things will change.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tokens are a gift from PWO to those who are generous enough to donate to keep the game running. There are other ways to get tokens- we offer a free one-time gift to each player of up to 900 tokens which can be redeemed on the Playerdex for a small amount of pokedollars. We run competitions and mini events with various prizes including tokens. Players also sell tokens and with a bit of patience players can soon earn enough ingame to purchase enough for membership, and many do.

Creating more payment options isn't a simple process and our resources are limited. Ultimately it is the decision of the owner to do so or not, but it would require major changes to the system which will take time away from other important projects and will also introduce more issues/errors/glitches (nothing is perfect) which will also require extra time and work from the volunteers here.

Nothing is ever ruled out here- more payment options have been considered in the past and they are always on the table- I am just offering a few reasons why they haven't been added as yet. Like every other feature PWO is waiting for, it will happen if and when we are able to make it happen.

pmlm11

HitmonFonty said:
Tokens are a gift from PWO to those who are generous enough to donate to keep the game running. There are other ways to get tokens- we offer a free one-time gift to each player of up to 900 tokens which can be redeemed on the Playerdex for a small amount of pokedollars. We run competitions and mini events with various prizes including tokens. Players also sell tokens and with a bit of patience players can soon earn enough ingame to purchase enough for membership, and many do.

Creating more payment options isn't a simple process and our resources are limited. Ultimately it is the decision of the owner to do so or not, but it would require major changes to the system which will take time away from other important projects and will also introduce more issues/errors/glitches (nothing is perfect) which will also require extra time and work from the volunteers here.

Nothing is ever ruled out here- more payment options have been considered in the past and they are always on the table- I am just offering a few reasons why they haven't been added as yet. Like every other feature PWO is waiting for, it will happen if and when we are able to make it happen.

I understand what you said, but its not so easy buy tokens with pokedollars, because winning pokedollars takes a long, long time. So, can you help me with paypal ? I have a bank account, a normal one, and I dont know how can I use paypal without credit card.
About pokemons, why don't you put the best Pokemons in the game? It would be much more fun if we could catch the starter pokemons and the legendarys. I mean, it should be very difficult, but possible.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Although it is planned to eventually have all Pokémon available in PWO, the addition of legendaries as catchable Pokémon (as opposed to non-catchable NPC encounters as part of storylines) is likely to be one of the last things we do encounter-wise, with a lot of thought required as to the best implementation so that their rarity is maintained and balance kept.

pmlm11

Jinji said:
Although it is planned to eventually have all Pokémon available in PWO, the addition of legendaries as catchable Pokémon (as opposed to non-catchable NPC encounters as part of storylines) is likely to be one of the last things we do encounter-wise, with a lot of thought required as to the best implementation so that their rarity is maintained and balance kept.
I agree with you when you say that we need to maintain the rarity of these pokemons, but it will be much more fun if we can catch pokemons like charmander, squirtle, baulbasaur, zapdos, articuno, moltres, mew or mewtwo, they could be very, very difficult to get, i agree with that, but should be possible, because its due to them that we all like to play pokemon games, they are an inspiration, and if we had the possibility to catch one of them, we will enjoy this game much more.
Do you have any plans about when there will be a final version of the game?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
We do have events as often as possible, and in those events we need to provide unique hunting opportunities to make the event useful and fun for the players. That is what we save the starter pokemon for.

A final version of the game requires more work than we can put a timeframe on, so although we are working towards it at a faster rate than ever before we can't predict when it will happen.

As for paypal, you can link a bank account to it and start your paypal that way. It can then be used for a lot of paypal purchases but not all- bank accounts usually are not instant payments through paypal and transactions that require it need a credit card attached. I have heard that you can deposit money into paypal from your bank account and then use it to make instant payments, but I have no idea how that is done.

Goku-

HitmonFonty said:
We do have events as often as possible, and in those events we need to provide unique hunting opportunities to make the event useful and fun for the players. That is what we save the starter pokemon for.

A final version of the game requires more work than we can put a timeframe on, so although we are working towards it at a faster rate than ever before we can't predict when it will happen.

As for paypal, you can link a bank account to it and start your paypal that way. It can then be used for a lot of paypal purchases but not all- bank accounts usually are not instant payments through paypal and transactions that require it need a credit card attached. I have heard that you can deposit money into paypal from your bank account and then use it to make instant payments, but I have no idea how that is done.

With PayPal, once your bank account is verified you can send money to your PayPal account. This usually takes 7-10 business days if I'm correct. Once the money is transferred you can make instant payments without verification of a credit card. Also, you can go to your bank and get a debit Visa card. You should check if it's available in your area because it serves the same purpose as a credit card and it's uses. It's pretty much made for fast online purchases using your bank account.

pmlm11

Goku- said:
HitmonFonty said:

With PayPal, once your bank account is verified you can send money to your PayPal account. This usually takes 7-10 business days if I'm correct. Once the money is transferred you can make instant payments without verification of a credit card. Also, you can go to your bank and get a debit Visa card. You should check if it's available in your area because it serves the same purpose as a credit card and it's uses. It's pretty much made for fast online purchases using your bank account.
I have a debit card, with visa's logo in the front, how long it takes to transfer money from this card to my paypal account?

Goku-

If it has an expiry date and the security numbers on the back, you should be able to just use that. If not then probably 3-5 business days. Time varies depending, it should tell you through paypal.

pmlm11

Goku- said:
If it has an expiry date and the security numbers on the back, you should be able to just use that. If not then probably 3-5 business days. Time varies depending, it should tell you through paypal.

I'm full of it, I can't donate. I already associated my bank account to paypal, the only info they asked was IBAN, and I can't link my card to paypal, because I don't understand any of this. My card has a visa logo but it doesn't has the security numbers on the back. So I give up the card, and i have tried to donate without it, but when I chose an amount of money to donate and I make login in my paypal account, they ask me for the card -.-

Goku-

Okay, just ask your bank if they have visa debit cards to make online purchases. If so get one of them. In the meantime, transfer money from your bank account to PayPal. It should be under the "wallet section" or "balance". You should be able to add to either.

pmlm11

Goku- said:
Okay, just ask your bank if they have visa debit cards to make online purchases. If so get one of them. In the meantime, transfer money from your bank account to PayPal. It should be under the "wallet section" or "balance". You should be able to add to either.
If I link a card to my paypal account I don't need to charge my paypal account right ? For exemple, I make a sonation for pwo and the money goes directly from the card to pwo, without passing through my paypal account, am I right ?

Electrofreak

pmlm11 said:
Goku- said:
If I link a card to my paypal account I don't need to charge my paypal account right ? For exemple, I make a sonation for pwo and the money goes directly from the card to pwo, without passing through my paypal account, am I right ?

Paypal is actually a medium that protects the buyer from online fraud. I have used it for around 6 or so years now and have had no issues. I'm not sure what you have against paypal but it is actually very secure for buyers who make normal purchases.

Goku-

pmlm11 said:
Goku- said:

Yes, that is correct.

pmlm11

Electrofreak said:
pmlm11 said:
Goku- said:

Paypal is actually a medium that protects the buyer from online fraud. I have used it for around 6 or so years now and have had no issues. I'm not sure what you have against paypal but it is actually very secure for buyers who make normal purchases.
Its complicated, just it. Personally I prefer paysafe, much more faster and easy than paypal.

pmlm11

Goku- said:
pmlm11 said:
Goku- said:

Yes, that is correct.
Ok, thanks for your time man, tomorrow i'll try to solve it.