Missing pokemons

Mercylezz

Hey guys. While i was browsing in pwo wiki i noticed that some Kanto/Johto region pokemons are missing and they can't be found in the game. Is it possible to make Shuckle,Pichu,Politoed,Slowking,Porygon,Unown and Aerodactyl catchable pokemons? I know that Multi-line evolutions are not possible in pwo and slowbro and poliwhirl cant evolve in Slowking and Politoed,but they can be added like HR pokemons somewhere. I have no idea why shuckle is UC. He is strong pokemon and since he is Johto region pokemon he should be catchable. Someone told me that Pichu was catchable once,but why he is UC now? What about Poyrgon? I know Unown is useless here,but there are pokemon collectors who would pay much for a shiny Unown. And since useless pokemons like Smeargle,Ditto,Delibird,Wobbuffet are catchable it seems fair to add Unown too. Aerodactyl is fossil pokemon,but it is possbile to add him somewhere as HR pokemon. This seems fair too since Omanyte and Kabuto are catchable.

Merse

Youngster
You can buy them from the Token Store.
For what reason they are not catchable I have only theories. Politoed and Slowking are final evolutions, also they are part of a multi-branch evolution family. They cannot b caught for the reason Waporean, Flareon, etc. can't be caught. They are also second evolutions and you can't find too many second evos around in PWO anyway. I think only Butterfree, Beedrill and Crobat are exceptions.
Porygon was never catchable in any game as far as I know. It was obtainable by some min games, but as they are missing form PWO it would be odd to see them in the wild. You would be surprised too if a couple of electric data would turn around the corner of your street wouldn't you?
Unown is problematic. It has only one entry in the Pokedex but has several form to appear. As it is a useless Poke anyway, I think the devs just saved themselves of some trouble here.
Aero has somehow a semi-legendary status and that's why they left it out I think.
For Shuckle, I have no idea.
For Pichu, Cleffa and Igglybuff, they left them out I think because they are so-called baby form of Pokemon. As there is no breeding (thank God!) and almost every moves a baby can learn are broken, it was rather pointless having them as catchable.

Then again, I'm only speculating.

Mercylezz

Well,Bellossom is second evolution too but you can find Bellossom in the wild,so why they dont add Politoed and Slowking too? What about quest from which you can obtain Porygon and another quest from which you can obtain Up-grade and you will be able to evolve your Porygon. Also Lickilicky and Tentacruel have the same total stats as Aerodactyl,but they are not somehow semi-legendary pokemons and also there are many catchable pokemons who have even bigger total stats. Don't forget that we have catchable Pseudo-legendary pokemons. Baby pokemons have bugged skills,but they are cool and sweet and dont forget that there are players who are collectors.

Merse

Youngster
LOL! Legendary status is not based on stats.
If you make Porygon available during a quest it reduces its value to exactly 0, as everyone can obtain it with a 100% chance. So I'm against any quest which gives Pokemons.
And again I'm saying that I'm only speculating.

Mercylezz

Merse said:
Porygon was never catchable in any game as far as I know.
In Diamond and Pearl versions he is catchable in trophy garden. So there would be no problem if the staff add him somewhere.. Maybe in Power Plant... And actually i cant see anything semi-legendary in Aerodactyl. Its not like to have unique moves. And as far as i know every legendary pokemon has total stats of 580 minimum.

GhostOfSanity

Mercylezz said:
Merse said:
Porygon was never catchable in any game as far as I know.
In Diamond and Pearl versions he is catchable in trophy garden. So there would be no problem if the staff add him somewhere.. Maybe in Power Plant... And actually i cant see anything semi-legendary in Aerodactyl. Its not like to have unique moves. And as far as i know every legendary pokemon has total stats of 580 minimum.
They're in the token store, not available in gameplay.

If they weren't given as an incentive to donate, what else would you put in their place?

Suck it up and get over it; Donate or Trade with someone who has donated somewhere along the line. If you were a serious "Collector", you'd have done such.

Mercylezz

Really i've never seen someone with porygon or unown or shuckle or politoed or slowking :) And you asked for what i will donate if they are ingame. Well i wont donate for them even if they are not ingame but i would donate for other gen pokemons. :)

Merse

Youngster
God save us from other gen Pokemons. Especially of Gen V "pokes"....

G

I like the Gen V pokemons, they are different from other because they are not in the same region too, that's why their style is different. It's like Gen IV where some look slighty different to the 3 first since Sinnoh is a bit farther than Johto, Kanto and Hoenn, Hoenn is just a little bit west of Johto, while Sinnoh is far north-east of Kanto. Unova is on the other side of the planet. Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff was in token shop before, but because of the moves that were broken they got removed.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Actually Lass_Leaf, for once that isn't the ONLY reason the designs are so different. Many of the Unovan Pokémon's concept art was designed by The Pokémon Company's American design team, as opposed to the Japanese designers who have personally directed the look of the game's characters from the very beginning; leading to a vastly different art style. Personally I'm pleased with this, as I feel it never hurts to try new styles sometimes and it's a good way of analysing what attracts people to the specific looks of certain Pokémon; but many people around the world have been noticeably hostile to this change.

MrFlare2

Youngster
Merse said:

Just gonna point this out, no one really knows how a Pokemon "looks like". You THINK you know but you don't really know. But in short: No one knows how a Pokemon should look like anyways.

(Bonus, if Generation Five and Generation One were swapped, how would you react to Generation Ones Pokemon instead.)

G

Jinji said:
Actually Lass_Leaf, for once that isn't the ONLY reason the designs are so different. Many of the Unovan Pokémon's concept art was designed by The Pokémon Company's American design team, as opposed to the Japanese designers who have personally directed the look of the game's characters from the very beginning; leading to a vastly different art style. Personally I'm pleased with this, as I feel it never hurts to try new styles sometimes and it's a good way of analysing what attracts people to the specific looks of certain Pokémon; but many people around the world have been noticeably hostile to this change.

Actually it make sense, since Unova is based on New-York, so instead of japanese making american pokemons they decided to let americans do american pokemons. But they should have looked other pokemons before because Bouffalant just look like the evolution of Tauros. Would be great in the VI generation if they could add more eeveelutions.

Merse

Youngster
MrFlare2 said:
Merse said:

Just gonna point this out, no one really knows how a Pokemon "looks like". You THINK you know but you don't really know. But in short: No one knows how a Pokemon should look like anyways.

(Bonus, if Generation Five and Generation One were swapped, how would you react to Generation Ones Pokemon instead.)

Gen I Pokes were almost all cute or looked cool. They looked similar to animals but meanwhile they were very different from them. You could easily accept that it is another species of "animal" which has special abilities. It was full with fantasy and with original ideas. But look at Gen V! There is no fantasy there. They throw just original animals at you, give them some different color and they say it is Pokemon. It is not, it's a frikkin zoo with a great load of colorful paint!
- Patrat and Watchog: Squirrels with eyes which look like they live on weed. That's all They use the same character design as Chip & Dale 40 years ago.
- Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland, Purrloin, Liepard: Dogs and cats? Really? Growlithe was a dog but because of its mane it seemed like having fire on his head.
- Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant: Yeah. Birds whatver. Pidgeotto and Fearow looked much cooler.
- Blitzle, Zebstrika: Electric Zebras???
- Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr: Even that was strange that Kadabra always has a spoom. But these... Lumber, a steel beam stolen from a construction site, and.... what? Stonehenge?
- Throh and Sawk are one of the worst for me. Really? Human karate masters in blue and red? Hitmontop and Hitmonlee were original, Hitmonchan was OK, but these are just HUMANS dammit! Ok, Mr. Mime was a mistake in this too.
- Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile: Crocodiles. In the design it has nothing different of a common crocodile except of the colors. Totodile and evos were resembling to crocodiles but at the meantime they were very different.
- Dwebble and Crustle: A hermit-crab and a crab witch takes a boulder on his back?! Why exactly? Again, no idea behind the design.
- Scraggy and Scrafty: A Pokemon which always loses its pants?! Whaaaaaaaaat?! Why a Pokemon wears pants?!
- Sigilyph: A mayan totem.
- Cofagrigus: A Pokemon evolves into a sarcophagus... Yeah, very creative....
- Tirtouga: A turtle. But we already saw this too in better design as Squirtle. Still it is a good design, but there is nothing significantly different from a real life turtle.
- Archen, Archeops: Dafuq?! Archeopteryx and we say it is a Pokemon? Don't even change it ?!?!
- Trubbish and Garbodor: Uhh... A pile of turd.... or waste... or garbage.... Yeeeeeshhh. Disgusting. And Grimer/Muk was way more creative.
- Gothorita, Gothitelle: Goth girls who look like Betty Boop? Seriously?
- Ducklett, Swanna: The ducks from Tom & Jerry. About 60 years old design with almost no change at all. Very creative again.
- Vanillish and Vanilluxe: Errr.... Ice cream. As Pokemons. What?
- Deerling and Sawsbuck: Look Mom, it's Bambi! At least Stantler had a bulldog face and antler looking like big eyes. But these lack any creativity.
- Emolga: A flying Pikachu.... Well kinda creative. Kinda.
- Escavalier: The lowest of the low, the worst of the bad. a cavalier? A middle-age human riding warrior sold to us as a Pokemon. This was the point where I knew that Gen V is hopeless.
- Foongus and Amoonguss: Mushrooms with Pokeball-signs on their hat. I mean... seriously? A Pokemon evolved to have exactly the same pattern on its head as a Pokéball? ANYTHING would have been better than that.
- Ferroseed and Ferrothorn: Foretress on steroids. Too bad we already saw this in Gen II
- Klink, Klang and Klinklang: Gears?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Lampent and Chandelure: CHANDELIERS?!?!?!
- Cubchoo and Beartic: An icebear who has cold and another which has too much fur on its lower body........
- Cryogonal: Snow flake. I can't even be outraged any more. This is pathetic.
- Rufflet and Braviary: Eagles. Yeah, tease the Big American Ego a bit. Otherwise it is an acceptable design.
- Mandibuzz: A perfect copy of the vultures from the Book of the Jungle. With the exception that this one is female.
- Durant: An ant. A frikkin ant! As a Pokémon?
- Landorus: You get this if Entei meets Raikou and then a big bole is stuck in the offspring's head.
- Genesect: I can't rmemeber its name but there was a Transformer drawn in the 80s which looked just like this.

I rechecked all the 649 Pokemons, to be sure, but I have no doubt, Gen V has the stupidest the most minimalistic and most uninspired Pokémon designs of all. Gen IV was very weak, Gen V is just unacceptable.
The only thing that can repair a bit on Gen V's reputation are the new ideas and the nice gameplay.

Mercylezz

Actually i was thinking just like you Merse. But when i started to watching pokemon BW and playing the game i was like "Lol those pokemons are not so bad". And now i am even inlove with some of them. Actually im inlove with all of them,cause they are just cool and they are something new. Every generation has bad and cool pokemons. What animal species are Mr.mime and Jynx? You just watch what the other ppl say and you agree with them without even watching the anime or playing the game. Believe me they are cooler than they looks like.

Merse

Youngster
I watched the anime and played the game. My final team was almost exclusively of older gen pokes caught in the white forrest.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
There is also a myth going around - supposedly supported by comments by some members of the design team - that some Gen V Pokémon were based on rejected Gen I designs. Since early concept art for the original Pokémon games shows a Pokémon similar to Girafarig, who was not introduced until Gen II, the idea of designs being "held back" may in fact be plausible.

G

Also if you look at most of the pokemons they are based on real animals. Just look Kabuto:
800px-Horseshoe_crab_mating.jpg

He's based on the Horseshoe crabs that live on near Japan.

Also you say Emolga is a Flying pikachu but didn't saw Pachirisu that is a Squirrel version of Pikachu, while Emolga is a flying squirrel, you have Minun and Plusle that are almost the same as Pichu and Maril look like a fat pikachu but water type instead of electric.
1964%2520-%2520emonga%2520minun%2520pachirisu%2520pichu%2520pikachu%2520plusle%2520raichu%2520wat.png

Merse

Youngster
I never said that other Pokes weren't based on animals. But the difference is still significant enough to accept that it's a Pokemon, another species, and not just a crocodile which can breath fire.
Yeah, but Minun, Plusle, Pichu, Marill etc. were Pokemons admittedly based on Pikachu, because it is the most famous and beloved Pokemon, and so the devs hope that the players can find something to cute and lovable in the next generations as well. Check their Bulbarticle.