Miley Cyrus - Party In The P.W.O.

Klay

Youngster
hi all.

when i started back in 2015, i needed some help to find the leek in Ilex Forest, and guru and jinji helped me. actually, jinji helped me more, since he found the leek, but having guru by our side was still fun. i took a screenshot during the search to be sure i'll never forget this moment. 4 years later, i still enjoy doing stuff with those 2, and also with other people i met since.

Screen_Shot_04-06-15_at_03.48_PM.png

how did you met your first friends in pwo? if you have screenshot of it, share it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, this thread is to suggest to add a party/group feature. It will be called "group" below, since party is already a common term to talk about the poks you carry with you. Do not share any screenshot of you making friends in this thread. Plus the story above is a huge lie. Jinji isn't a ghost.

A group would be constituted of 2 to 6 players.
To be part of a group, someone/the creator of an existing group has to send you a group request.
To leave a group, you can disconnect, click on your name in the group window and choose "Leave" or be kicked by the creator of the group (who simply needs to be pissed, to click on the name of the annoyance in the group window and to choose "Remove").
The creator of the group is the one who sent a group request.
When a player joins a group, the Group interface appears (as in the screenshot).
When a player leaves a group, the Group interface disappears.
When a player joins a group, a Group tab channel opens, if there wasn't any open yet. Only members of that group can interact in it.
When a player quits a group, that Group tab channel isn't closed, but that player can't interact anymore with members of said group via this channel.
If a member of a group faints a wild pokémon, the other members of said group that are in the same area earn a small percentage of experience earnt. The experience goes to the first pok in their team, and exp share does NOT give a percentage of that percentage to its holder. This does NOT work with NPC battles. Cash can NOT be earnt this way. The percentage isn't setted yet.

When you're in a group, you can do some group-friendly and group-only quests. To make it easier to understand, the following example considers the group is constituted of 3 members: A, B and C. Easy as 1 (member who sent the group request), 2 (first member to accept the group request), 3 (second member to accept the group request).
All members of the group have to talk to the NPC to start a group-friendly quest.
Once a member finishes a task, all members of the group have their task completed. For example, the task is to catch 1 Mankey. Only one member needs to catch it for all to complete the task.
When a task asks to collect multiple quest items, to catch multiple pokémons, or to battle multiple foes, the members shares what they collect, catch and the wins they earn. For example, the task is to catch 5 Mankey. If A caught 3 Mankeys, and C caught 2 Mankeys, then B doesn't need to catch any Mankey, and they all completed the task. Warning: players do NOT share exp and cash earnt by battling NPCs.
When a task asks to battle a special NPC (boss), the 1st pok of each member of the team are used in the battle, and each member of the group has 60 seconds to choose an action to do at each turn. The action that has been the mostly chosen is perfomed. If there's a tie between 2, 3 or 6 different actions, then it's randomly chosen between what the members have chosen. If all members didn't choose anything, then an action is randomly chosen between everything that can be done, minus Run Away and Items. This kind of special NPC should NOT be present out of group-only quests. The first pok of A is Charizard, the first pok of B is Lugia, and the first pok of C is Ditto. The team for this battle is (in the order) Charizard, Lugia and Ditto. With Charizard on the battlefield, if A and B chose to use Flamethrower and C chose to switch for Lugia, then Charizard use Flamethrower. With Charizard on the battlefield, if A chose to use Flamethrower, B chose to switch for Lugia and C chose to use a Potion on Ditto, then an action will be randomly chosen between using Flamethrower, switch on Lugia and using a Potion on Ditto.
When a task asks to talk to a NPC, all members have to talk to said NPC.
If a member is joining a group that is doing a group-friendly or group-only quest, that member has to complete by himself/herself the tasks the other members already completed. C joins the group, but A and B already did 2 tasks of the quest. C has to talk to the questgiver NPC, and do those two tasks before the following tasks can be shared.
If a member leaves the group while doing a group-friendly or group-only quest, and tries to do the quest with another group (or alone if wished in case of group-friendly), that player will continue at the task he/she stopped last time.

Pros:
- create more bonds between players (especially for new players)
- higher difficulty in group-friendly quests for solo players
- if placed as in the screenshot, does not interfere with anything (even in battle)

Cons:
- exp farming is easier
- if no cooperation between members, becomes anarchy/tyranny
- if you are a solo player, group-only quests are closed to you and group-friendly quests become harder than they were made for (yeah, it's both a pro and cons)
- client update (visual and coding stuffs)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
What Midou said. /disregards thread

In all seriousness: Though this is not a new idea, your suggested implementation sounds very well thought-out, Klay :)

Last edited:

CharManDa

Team/friend based quests isnt a bad idea. Would probably help build the community bond. I just think some of this would be hard to implement/code.

Klay

Youngster
It's more like a group feature as most MMORPGs have, but guild quests could be viable aswell...
...but I don't like the idea of another join my guild spams ingame, and guild-only quests will result in this apocalypse

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If I faint something, does some of the EXP I get transfer to the others in the group? Or would you generate extra EXP to give them? The only way it would truly be "Faster EXP" is if you can generate extra by being in a group. If I would normally get 65,000 EXP, and you give others in the group like 6,500 each, and I get the full 65,000, that'd be well worth it. This way no individual gets a huge boost, but collectively it can add up and encourage players to team up into larger groups.

On the other hand, if I have 5 players LEECHING my EXP, I'd rather play alone.

Also, I'd like to suggest adding in a "Vote" option so if a group collectively votes someone leave, they're kicked. The leader can kick someone at will, but everyone else can still have the option to try and vote someone out.

I do like the idea that it is not "Guild Specific". I have friends in other guilds I could play with. And this includes people who are not in Guilds.

" When a task asks to battle a special NPC (boss), the 1st pok of each member of the team are used in the battle,", could be the first pokemon of each player, then the 2nd, then 3rd until a full team of 6. So on a 3 man team, team member A contributes pokemon 1, then B, then C, then A contributes their 2nd pokemon, then B and C. Now there is a full team to battle the boss. It would make for interesting Triple Battles. The entire rest of that paragraph where everyone is voting for the action to take, I say no to that. People can be jerks and vote for stupid stuff and ruin the battle. Of course, they could also make their own pokemon do stupid stuff, but at least I would still stand a chance of getting something productive done.

" If a member is joining a group that is doing a group-friendly or group-only quest, that member has to complete by himself/herself the tasks the other members already completed. C joins the group, but A and B already did 2 tasks of the quest. C has to talk to the questgiver NPC, and do those two tasks before the following tasks can be shared. "

Well, if A and B complete the rest of the quest, it should count towards C, so C only has to do the beginning.

Man I hate this forum. If I backspace it automatically deletes the spaces between my words and makes it infuriating to try and edit my posts. -_-

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If quest progression starts with easy tasks and gets more complex as things go, then having C complete the initial step or 2 by themselves wouldn't be too bad to have to sit and wait for.