Market Dying... why not do something like this?

drvirus

Boora said:
Tokens is a touchy subject so leave it be,
how about, for every shiny pokemon you convert you get a point from an npc, for every X amount of points you can convert an exsisting none shiny to a shiny,
all it'll do is change the pokemons collor it will not effect any balancing what so ever, but will give collectors and battlers more fun,
this way like the original poster said, you can get rid of 100 s pidgeys and gain one s (X)
for the sake of not making this too easy, how about for different pokemons it'll require different points,
my guess is every useless shiny will become at least 1m-2m instantly, and if you'll make the rare pokemons (battlers mostly) expensive (point wise)
it'll work out perfectly, lets say changing a dragonite will cost 500 points, its still 500m to 1b, just to make it shiny. (dont forget he already has the stats on the pokemon so no harm, no balancing issue), it'll also make more people hunt, get s commons, new plays will be able to sell shinys, its perfect really,
the only downside i can see is that well, you cant no offense. either you'll come up with an excuse not to make this or you simply cant, with the only dev (thats active and knows what hes doing) leaving and makin his own game.

i mean come on, i dare you, any of you, to show me a downside to the Op's idea. ,
any downside that's worse the the current situation.

When i said tokens, i didnt mean real tokens, i meant as a shiny token, or item had nothing to do with the tokens we knew, i just gave it a bad neckname i guess, what you suggested is exactly my suggestion ^^

Oh and ahoi Arnie! long time no see :D

Boora

Youngster
drvirus said:
Boora said:
Tokens is a touchy subject so leave it be,
how about, for every shiny pokemon you convert you get a point from an npc, for every X amount of points you can convert an exsisting none shiny to a shiny,
all it'll do is change the pokemons collor it will not effect any balancing what so ever, but will give collectors and battlers more fun,
this way like the original poster said, you can get rid of 100 s pidgeys and gain one s (X)
for the sake of not making this too easy, how about for different pokemons it'll require different points,
my guess is every useless shiny will become at least 1m-2m instantly, and if you'll make the rare pokemons (battlers mostly) expensive (point wise)
it'll work out perfectly, lets say changing a dragonite will cost 500 points, its still 500m to 1b, just to make it shiny. (dont forget he already has the stats on the pokemon so no harm, no balancing issue), it'll also make more people hunt, get s commons, new plays will be able to sell shinys, its perfect really,
the only downside i can see is that well, you cant no offense. either you'll come up with an excuse not to make this or you simply cant, with the only dev (thats active and knows what hes doing) leaving and makin his own game.

i mean come on, i dare you, any of you, to show me a downside to the Op's idea. ,
any downside that's worse the the current situation.

When i said tokens, i didnt mean real tokens, i meant as a shiny token, or item had nothing to do with the tokens we knew, i just gave it a bad neckname i guess, what you suggested is exactly my suggestion ^^

Oh and ahoi Arnie! long time no see :D

i know i did, OP means original poster, i just tried giving it a bit more detail, not that it matters, with the current staff if this idea gets approved, you can expect it in game in about 2-3 years.

Alexei

This is one terrible situation. Not easy to see any resolution anytime soon.