Mamoswine and Dragonite moveset?

Shadowsnot

Hello and thanks for your help in advance ;)

I would like to know the best possible battling moveset for both Mamoswine and Dragonite. For Dragonite can you also include additional spells that can be subbed in after the moveset since it has such a variation?

Thanks once again.

Nikola

Youngster
Mamoswine: Ice Fang, Earthquake, Blizzard, Ancientpower

-Note that Mamoswine is giving STAB for Ice type moves so you might use Ice fang instead of Blizzard sometimes. It usually need 1 hit to defeat pokemon such as Salamence or Flygon or if your opponent is not full HP. Ancient power is a rock type move and unfortunately it does not receives STAB. It can be used well such as finishing weakened dragon or any other pokemon with it since your Speed stat will be increased by a 20 points and chances that you will strike first next move is higher.

Dragonite: Outrage, Wing attack, Thunder punch and Aqua tail.

-If your Dragonite is having ubber Sp.Atk you can make a combo between Thunder punch and Fire punch. Personally I am not a fan of Hurricane neither Dragon rush since they are lacking of accuracy and existing moves will do a same job though. It is totally up to you. I am sure you will find out what I am trying to say. Good luck trainer.

Shadowsnot

Thanks alot Darcia, it is appreciated...so Mamomswine can only kill a dragon in 1 hit if it uses blizzard and not with ice fang?

Nikola

Youngster
Shadowsnot said:
Thanks alot Darcia, it is appreciated...so Mamomswine can only kill a dragon in 1 hit if it uses blizzard and not with ice fang?

Ice fang will OHKO Salamence and Flygon in most cases but It will have a hard time to OHKO Dragonite or Altaria. Ice fang and every other elementary fang and punches are Special moves in PWO while they are Physical in handhelds. Mamoswine is able to tank 2 moves from any of those so combination of Ice fang and Ancient power will do awesome work while blizzard is being used mostly if Mamoswine is weakened previously by another pokemon. Ice fang accuracy is 95% while Blizzard is 70% only. So it is up to you what tactic are you going to use.

KstersSlade

I would choose fire punch over thunder punch,just to have some way to battle a meta.

Nikola

Youngster
KstersSlade said:
I would choose fire punch over thunder punch,just to have some way to battle a meta.
Well it's not so easy to counter meta. There has to be specific Sp.Atk stat in order to even think about it. While using using Thunder punch you can finish certain pokemons used in battles nowadays such as Charizard, Cloyster, Gyarados, Feraligatr etc and yet move is 100% accurate. Far as I saw Fire punch is useful only against meta or few others while you can use flying move to deal with grass pokes etc. due to STAB ofc. But as I said before it's a matter of a choice.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
wouldn't Dragonite take out mamo in 2 hits with aqua tail? now that it's randomly chosen who goes first it's a toss up with max speed mamo vs drago right?

samsengang

EcoWOLFrb said:
wouldn't Dragonite take out mamo in 2 hits with aqua tail? now that it's randomly chosen who goes first it's a toss up with max speed mamo vs drago right?
Mamoswine will most likely go first on the second round if it uses Ancientpower during the first round. Ancientpower increases a Pokemon's speed by one stage.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
samsengang said:
Mamoswine will most likely go first on the second round if it uses Ancientpower during the first round. Ancientpower increases a Pokemon's speed by one stage.
Very Good Point sir.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Darcia said:

-Note that Mamoswine is giving STAB for Ice type moves so you might use Ice fang instead of Blizzard sometimes. It usually need 1 hit to defeat pokemon such as Salamence or Flygon or if your opponent is not full HP. Ancient power is a rock type move and unfortunately it does not receives STAB. It can be used well such as finishing weakened dragon or any other pokemon with it since your Speed stat will be increased by a 20 points and chances that you will strike first next move is higher.
Correction : It increases spd by 10.

My Concern:
Mamoswine : Earthquake, Blizzard, Ice Fang, Ancient Power
Dragonite : Aqua Tail, Outrage, Hurricane, Fire Punch.
as outrage or hurricane would do more damage to Fera, water types, except Gyra(as electric is 4x) moves than Thunder Punch so no use to take that move, as we see high atk of drago than spatk, while against meta or steel type, no other move cna be as much powerful as much fire punch. So only for one poke Thunder Punch, can't be used while u still have alternative move for Gyra, while u dont have alternate move for metas or pokes like that.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
ash.catchem said:
Darcia said:

My Concern:
as outrage or hurricane would do more damage to Fera, water types, except Gyra(as electric is 4x) moves than Thunder Punch so no use to take that move, as we see high atk of drago than spatk, while against meta or steel type, no other move cna be as much powerful as much fire punch. So only for one poke Thunder Punch, can't be used while u still have alternative move for Gyra, while u dont have alternate move for metas or pokes like that.

From what i've seen, Thunder Punch and Fire punch are Physical moves in pwo.

Naero

matileo19 said:
ash.catchem said:
Darcia said:

My Concern:

From what i've seen, Thunder Punch and Fire punch are Physical moves in pwo.

Last we were told, no physical/special split on a by-move basis is supported currently; moves are classified as Physical or Special depending on the type. As you know, fire and electric-type moves all use special attack in PWO, thus it would require a back-end change to the battle system to determine if a move of either type distinctively used physical attack.

Therefore, to my understanding of the battle system's mechanics, it's impossible for one move of a particular type to use Special or Physical attack, without it applying to every other move of that type as well.