Making PWO portable and easy to click and play

MaxChakra!

So I thought I would post this in suggestions, in relation to my player support post, what are the chances of making PWO easy to be moved around after installation for a simple click and play? this would be very helpful for many players wanting to play the game on PCs they can't install anything on and also saves a lot of time to install and update patch on any new or other PCs they would like to add the game on.

Is this possible in the near future? I really hope so.. some feedback would be cool thanks

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The main things preventing easy portability of the current client are the need to register the DLLs and OCX files so that Windows knows about them - which is actually a limitation of Windows itself, as well as DirectX. We use the installer to do this job automatically; however, we could potentially include a Batch file or script that can do it too in the interests of portability - it's something to look into.

MaxChakra!

You really think its a limitation of windows and not PWO ? since there are many other games easy to move around for click and play..but I guess I don't know the in depth of how it all works so I can't really say much on this matter, I just hope you guys will look into making it happen in the near future.

WigWoo1

I'm still hoping for the day when I can find a way to run this program on an Android Tablet