Making Pwo Pocket Size!!

supriz

Youngster
I was wondering from a long time about minimizing the PWO client Size & even lowering the resolution & make it more user Friendly
The Current Resolution size for the PWO client is 800X600 pixels but is it possible to lower the resolution one step smaller?
like 600X400 pixels, this makes the client pocket size and helps us to use the browsers(for eg. fetching the stats from the client to veekun stat calculators )
Not a great idea you may think cos maybe u may have Pcs/laptops with high resolution settings but it will be really helpful for the one who has old pc with 64 mb of graphic card with resolution of 800X600
Hope Staffs like Game Editors(GE) reply on this topic
till then Cya ;D

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
This is not possible with the current client; but in my personal opinion (and I will discuss this with Hardcoreh, but this is me alone talking right now), I'd like to see a future client release have either a resizeable interface, or one with multiple selectable resolutions to suit people's tastes.

supriz

Youngster
Jinji said:
This is not possible with the current client; but in my personal opinion (and I will discuss this with Hardcoreh, but this is me alone talking right now), I'd like to see a future client release have either a resizeable interface, or one with multiple selectable resolutions to suit people's tastes.
Ya thats what im talking abt..
again too positive to be a gengar jinji :p

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I had a response lined up to that, but I thought it might cause a little upset and I hate to do that.

Back to the topic at hand, we've already talked before about how we'd like to get rid of the DPI warnings for people who prefer to zoom things a little; as this is in essence a resolution change, actual resolution settings seem to me like a natural extension to that plan, though I can't claim any experience to know if that's a naive statement or not. Of course, as it's Hardcoreh who will likely be responsible for our next client, only he can really say how possible either fixed or dynamic resizing is - but I'd be surprised if it hasn't crossed his mind.

HeavyPetter

Re: Making Pwo Rocket Size!!

I'd like to point out that you made a spelling mistake in your topic title. I assume you mean Rocket size! Muhahaha

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
A Rocket-sized client? Well I'm sure that would really make PWO blast off into new heights!

supriz

Youngster
Jinji said:
A Rocket-sized client? Well I'm sure that would really make PWO blast off into new heights!
Surrender Now Or prepare to Fight!!