Making fishing more important

Atum_Ramirez

Right now fishing is not very important (I may be wrong) The only time I used my old rod a lot was during the quest of the staryu eggs.
So, what is my idea to make fishing a more important aspect of the game?

I propose fishing contests. They would add new content, and make everyone fishing for a nice prize.

The idea is having a fishermen NPC that will give a big prize for the player that shows him the biggest *random water poke fishable*. So for example: The player that shows him the biggest goldeen during a week, would win the fishing contest, and receive a prize.

The idea was to every different week, there should be a different pokemon to be fished. Week 1 magikarp, week 2 goldeen, week 3 staryu, etc

So how would the NPC choose the biggest pokemon? Some suggestions
a) Completely random. Players give the NPC the fish they caught. After the week finished, one random fish will be chosen as winner. The OT trainer of the fish receives the prize
b) The pokemon with the biggest amount of total IV that is not a shiny wins. Thecnically this means there could be fishes with equal total IV count, so in case of a draw, one of the fish would win randomly
c) Create a weight attribute for pokemon, the one with the biggest weight wins.

I think this way fishing would be more important. Good or bad idea?

Saric

Youngster
This sounds like a fair prize.
To add onto the idea of fishing, split the fishing and surfing spawns again. Make certain pokemon fishing only. The way it is right now, fishing has fell behind from surfing mainly because everything you can find via fishing, you can find via surfing (and much, much faster at that).

king1234

Youngster
On cinnabar in the water, there's split fishing, you can only encounter certain Pokemon by fishing and the same for surfing.