Make Suggestions for my team =)

Shadowsnot

Hello, currently I am in the process of making a well rounded team so that I can start battling. I also don't have much funds so I can't include pokemon like slaking, jolteon, and metagross. The current pokemon that I can level up or include in my team are:

(S) Slowbro 99 - all 28
Gengar 99 - Bad IV
Alakazam 99 - Good
Charizard 99 - Decent
Glalie 99 - Bad IV
Dragonite 92 -Bad IV
(S) Mamoswine 33 - Not max speed
Heracross - Decent

What do you suggest I replace, or look for to make a well balanced team that will be able to atleast compete with high-end teams. Thank you for any help that you may give in advance ;D

EgoFatalus

I would keep Gengar, Alakazam, Charizard and Dragonite. I sugest you one water type (Gyara, Seadra) and mybe Electabuzz. But also Heracross isn't bad :D

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Instead of Gengar, try an awesome stat Kingdra. You can easily catch horsea and net one with good IVs.
And if you do the whirl island quest, you get a free dragon scale to evolve it with. :]

Out of what you have/can get easily or for free, I'd try:
Hera or uber kazam
Zard/Arcanine
Kingdra
Dragonite
Mamo or a tank
An exeggutor or good electric type (Out of the two, I suggest an uber jolt but those are expensive.)

I'm fairly certain others can give you better suggestions (we have some darn good PvPers on these forums) but I think that's a nice start.

Sonny4123

Banned
arcanine,kingdra and alakazam are all decent battlers that arent that hard to catch same with either rhydon or golem. you should go try and catch an eevee make it a jolteon if ur low on funds to pay for safari zone pm me ingame and ill help you out

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
1)(dragonite)
2)shiny kingdra ...(u can easily buy shiny kingdra not max spd for less tahn 1m)
try to hunt good stats growlite ....(arcaniane)
3)hunt for epic stats phanpy like all hp attk def 28ivs+ and spd 20 ivs + its rare so u can get easily with 2 day and u can lvl up your pokes there .....(donphan) and also hunt for very good ponyta ...like spd ivs 22+ and rest all must be good .....it can be beeter than arcanine so inbetween those 2 poke fire pokes keep any (arcaniane) or(rapidash)
4)try to hunt remoraid in jhot aquatic zone .... i know its really hard to find very good stats vr .. but ty your luck ... spend some time there get decent stats remoraid (octillery)
5)catch all chinchou .... if u are lucky u may get shiny chinchou(lanturn)
6) if u can hunt for one larvitar .... any stats ....then it would be gr8 possibly u may get wih in 3 to 8 hours if u are lucky u may get good one so (tyranitar)
if u need ny help regarding their moves ... sor ny sort of helkp u can privatle messeage mee ty

Shadowsnot

Hey guys, thanks alot for the replies, they are really appreciated. Looks like I might need to go search for a shiny kindra now...I am trying to bag one for 2m atm but seems unlikely.

So at the moment I am thinking of this team to level up and play with (give me any suggestions you wish), and also note that the pokemon on the team will have not so good IVs as I won't be able to purchase good ones:

Charizard
Shiny Kindra
Shiny Mamoswine
Dragonite
(S) Golem --(Tyranitar if I can get my hands on one)

I need help with the last slot...I can't decide weather to go with the decent stat Alakazam I already have or look for an Uber eggs or Shiny Ampharos.

If you have any suggestions or changes I can make to my planned team than please do. Do you guys think that maybe Arcanine would fit in better than Charizard?

Thanks a lot for any future suggestions aswell =D

risefromruins

Youngster
sagarpatel740 said:
arca will be better than char

Never true.

Daneo said:
Ampharos, it's such a good Pókemon. :)

Raichu, Jolteon, and Electabuzz will always be a better option.

Shadowsnot said:
(S) Slowbro 99 - all 28
Gengar 99 - Bad IV
Alakazam 99 - Good
Charizard 99 - Decent
Glalie 99 - Bad IV
Dragonite 92 -Bad IV
(S) Mamoswine 33 - Not max speed
Heracross - Decent

I'd avoid glalie, only useful when they have max speed. Mamoswine can be useful without max speed, just don't use him as a Drago counter. Hera can usually do some interesting things, so i'd probably put him in. Alakazam > Gengar due to the spd and spatk differences. Kazam packs a little more punch.

I would try and find an electric pokemon, or even a venusaur to round things out. A good venu can really do some damage. A water pokemon would be a good addition as well, I recommend Swampert as he now has Hammer Arm which makes him EXTREMELY versatile....Feraligatr is also a great choice.

Tyra is my personal favorite battle poke, but he may a) be out of your reach, or b) not fit well into a team that already has a decent tank (Mamo)

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
risefromruins said:
sagarpatel740 said:

Never true.

first think that i dont like abt char ...it is 4x to rock
char cant defeat drago or salmence
arca can easily kill charizard
its has also got variable moves liike reversal and thunderfang... i have seen arcanine kill feraligatr also

risefromruins

Youngster
sagarpatel740 said:
risefromruins said:
sagarpatel740 said:

Never true.

first think that i dont like abt char ...it is 4x to rock
char cant defeat drago or salmence
arca can easily kill charizard
its has also got variable moves liike reversal and thunderfang... i have seen arcanine kill feraligatr also

Your battle experience clearly isn't showing.....I'd like to avoid overtaking this topic so if you'd like me to explain why you wrong you can feel free to pm me.