Lets discuss staff laziness. Lack of updates

Tasigur

Lets make this a formal discussion.

The issue at hand is the lack of updates has resulted to the the unhappiness with the performance of staff.
First of all, GM's and CGs do not deal with content of any kind. Please exclude them from any ill feelings regarding this topic.
Secondly we have maps done, mappers have done their work. They are excluded.
Composers write music, we haven't needed music written in awhile. I think we are ok with excluding them.
Artists makes tile sheets and sprites, anytime we have requested new tiles they have came through, players wouldn't notice this though. Exclude them

This leaves us with 3 groups, devs, admins, and scripters.
Here's donars changelog: https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=36030
Everything is done but the testing part. Testing is being done largely by everyone. I feel this is suffiecent enough to say he's done a fair amount of work in the time frame that has been hinted at as the problem area. (post battle tower update until now).
Admins, I think it's rather clear rig and lee are active. Can we please exclude them from this gross generalization of lazy staff? Thanks.

This leads scripters, the group primary responsible for delivering new permanent content, you the players, can see. Oh look I am apart of that group. Oh look I have already admitted I was being lazy and dodging doing work on pwo (please reference https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=38220&pid=354896#pid354896)? Can we please move past calling the rest of the staff lazy and focus on me now? Awesome.

Now that we have pinpointed the area of lazy staff and debunked it to a single person, lets move on to lack of updates.
Going back to trying to determine what this timeline is for the lack of updates lets assume its since the implementation of battle tower. I do not know how the playerbase views the battle tower but I have always seen it as a really large update to the game. It added a challenging aspect to PVE, provided more ways to give out items than just NPC sellers for money, and was far larger upon completion than the original idea called for. 

After battle tower was completed work began on sevii island. I rejoined staff right as the planning was completed, and before the scripting started so I was tasked with that project. I was working hard with that and progress was going nicely. Then about 1/4 of the way through we decided it was time to move over to a new scripting language so we can better support additional content updates. Many viewed this as a mistake, I am not sure it was.

Here is why I say it was not a mistake to stop sevii and focus on Lua. Many people think it would have been better to push out Sevii then do the Lua switch while players were enjoying the new content. This would have simply caused the gap in content updates to be moved around. Even with the switch to Lua, we still would need to create new content to show the impact Lua had on the game. I think we would have been fine if Lua has been completed faster. I'll take responsibility for that.

You may have asked, or are asking now why is switching to Lua so important? We have maxed out any usage of Xanascript and pushed it to its limits. Xanascript is full of issues and is believe to be the cause of many downtime issues (certainly not all of them), Xanascript is difficult to teach to new people as it does have confusing elements to the language compared to proper languages. Some of the new features with Lua that we could not do with Xanascript are things like, implement strength to the game to push boulders around. Have direct control of NPCs, such based off where you are in the quest they can be physically moved around or hidden. This allow over-world pokeballs you can pick up for items to be added to the game. Allow the usage of cut on trees which will remove having to talk to npcs to jump across tree road blocks. Allow dynamic battle NPCs, so based on various variables the same NPCs you battle can have different levels, pokemon, and rewards than that of your buddy 2 seconds later. This allows the elimination of multiple maps just to change battle NPCs. (Gyms for example). Berry trees can now be added to the game. All these features are features that will come to the game after the Lua implementation is finalized. These will take time to add to the game and will not be seen on day 1 of having Lua available. 

We the staff hold each other responsible when we mess up. I was not performing at required expectations for rewriting the NPCs to Lua so someone else took over. If there is one thing the staff is responsible for, is not being as transparent as you would like us to be with you. When the Lua implementation is completed I will resume posting updates on this topic: https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=37693 .

shodan21

Youngster
Tasigur said:
Some of the new features with Lua that we could not do with Xanascript are things like, implement strength to the game to push boulders around. Have direct control of NPCs, such based off where you are in the quest they can be physically moved around or hidden. This allow over-world pokeballs you can pick up for items to be added to the game. Allow the usage of cut on trees which will remove having to talk to npcs to jump across tree road blocks. Allow dynamic battle NPCs, so based on various variables the same NPCs you battle can have different levels, pokemon, and rewards than that of your buddy 2 seconds later. This allows the elimination of multiple maps just to change battle NPCs. (Gyms for example). Berry trees can now be added to the game.

bit confused on these points - we have berry trees, and i dont think many people are opposed to the "talking to trees as npcs to hop over them in lieu of cut" thing, so how does Lua really affect those?

also im totally okay with not having the boulder pushing thing, but that might just be me :p.

Georgelzr

As always ,after,after and after,only promises and future things.
I bet ,in one year nothing is gonna change .Oh no ,maybe there are gonna be 2 or 3 players online who will not complain and everyone will be happy.
Really sad

Klay

Youngster
Georgelzr said:
I bet ,in one year nothing is gonna change .Oh no ,maybe there are gonna be 2 or 3 players online who will not complain and everyone will be happy.
Really sad

Nobody forces you to stay if you don't like it.
Or wait, why don't you make your own game and show us all how easy it is to develop a decent pokémon-based MMO with good endgame contents?

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Klay said:
Georgelzr said:
Really sad

Nobody forces you to stay if you don't like it.
Or wait, why don't you make your own game and show us all how easy it is to develop a decent pokémon-based MMO with good endgame contents?

LOL Klay and everybody else stop wasting your breath on this guy. He's proof human evolution still has flaws.

AdalindaShade

I just wanna some new staff.but all,adequate,know -its not easy..so i wish good luck with your work!and hope we see somethin new soon^^

Tasigur

Georgelzr said:
Really sad

"Mr Georgelzr [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is why I content staff have no business interacting with the community much.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shodan, I will get to your question when I finish work. Most likely I will direct message you.[/font]

Mooo

:(
Tasigur said:
Georgelzr said:
Really sad

"Mr Georgelzr [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is why I content staff have no business interacting with the community much.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shodan, I will get to your question when I finish work. Most likely I will direct message you.[/font]
Come come now Tasigur. No need to call people names or bring religion into this. :(

Tasigur

I also assumed his gender! E-gasp!!

It was a quote from Billy Madison. Not the best movie, but very popular and highly recommend.

Mooo

Tasigur said:

It was a quote from Billy Madison. Not the best movie, but very popular and highly recommend.

Quote or not you still said it and thats the point.
Your a staff member and for that you automatically have respect from players for that.

We all know that
RoG1.png

But to see a staff stoop to their level brakes my heart.
Your better than that.

shodan21

Youngster
Mooo said:
Tasigur said:

Your a staff member and for that you automatically have respect from players for that.

We all know that
RoG1.png

Your better than that.

i for one thought it was totally appropriate/deserved, and amusing to boot.

edit: also, thats an excellent image/saying.

Mooo

shodan21 said:
i for one thought it was totally appropriate/deserved, and amusing to boot.

edit: also, thats an excellent image/saying.

Did Georgelzr deserve to be called insanely idiotic or having a response that couldn't  be considered a rational thought? Sure. But by a staff member? No.

By the way Tasigur says we are all dumber for listening to Georgelzr.
I for one would like to say i am not dumber for having listened to Georgelzr, nor am i dumb to begin with. :dodgy:
Do i like Georgelzr? no.
Do i like Tasigur? Less than i did few days ago.   :-/

Tasigur

Mooo said:
Tasigur said:

We all know that
RoG1.png

Your better than that.

You make it sound like I was making an excuse, I was just informing you where it was from. I see no need why players can bash away at any staff member and be exempt from the same treatment. I would like to see that in any other profession. If a player wants to be treated with respect and professionalism, maybe they should try it first.

shodan21

Youngster
staff shouldnt be provoking players, but im entirely okay with staff responding harshly to abuse like that.

also, mooo, lighten up!  this is a forum for a game, its unhealthy to treat it as seriously as a courtroom.

The-Joker

why the staff don't search peoples to help in developments?

current staff has few members, so...?

Mooo

Tasigur said:
You make it sound like I was making an excuse, I was just informing you where it was from. I see no need why players can bash away at any staff member and be exempt from the same treatment. I would like to see that in any other profession. If a player wants to be treated with respect and professionalism, maybe they should try it first.
I apologize, i thought you was making an excuse for your insults.
I dont know if you know this but in every game there are people who will "bash" staff members. But out of all the games ive played ive never seen a staff member act like this. Its childish. There are better ways to handle it.

shodan21 said:
staff shouldnt be provoking players, but im entirely okay with staff responding harshly to abuse like that.

also, mooo, lighten up!  this is a forum for a game, its unhealthy to treat it as seriously as a courtroom.
Are you serious? How would you like it if a staff member said something like that to you in front of everyone?

shodan21

Youngster
Mooo said:
shodan21 said:

Are you serious? How would you like it if a staff member said something like that to you in front of everyone?

if it was completely unprovoked, such as in response to me asking, say, the question i asked about Lua in here, then id definitely not be okay with it.  but if i said something like what george said, i would practically expect a response like that.  george knows what he did, and i dont fault tasi one bit for that response.

The-Joker said:
why the staff don't search peoples to help in developments?

current staff has few members, so...?

well, if it were that simple, we wouldnt be in this situation.  staff dont just pull in any random player and hope they can do a good job and not ruin everything.  instead, they take the time to make sure a player is someone they think a) could handle the responsibility, b) has the necessary skills (or at least the capacity to learn them) to do the job, and c) wont go mad with power and destroy important things, like, say, database entries.  also, after a staff member thinks a player would fit those criteria, theyre also investigated for any rule-breaking, the history of which would preclude them from staff consideration as well.  it takes a while, and from what ive heard from riga in the past, its not uncommon for her to pick someone out that she thinks would be a good fit only for the GM staff to find issues with, say, farming starters.  so, yes, while more staff would certainly allow more things to get done, its not that easy to do, especially with the relatively small talent pool to choose from.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
LOL George deserves no more respect than a fly stuck in an outhouse. You're naive to think he didn't deserve a response like that. You can only turn the other cheek so much before you get tired of having a bruised face. Now tell me moo, if somebody was slapping you in the face repeatedly would you sit there and take it and just keep saying "please stop that hurts" or would you eventually punch back?

As somebody that has dealt with this foolish punk on multiple occasion for the way he treats others I'd say he doesn't deserve the slightest bit of respect. Respect is earned and not given and disrespect is the same way. I'd say Georgie boy has earned every ounce of disrespect possible.

yuno44907

Guys you just bored of Pokemon. This game can be boring. Its because of graphics, visuals, sound, music. All other games have very fancy interface and cool colors. DEVs can be stopped playing. Dev team might started playing Monster Park or PUBG. No worries okey? I will be your designer and we will make this game fun and fancy.

This game is very complete, thats it. PvP, Trade, quests, farming, collecting; yes its done. Now we will think about fun and rainbow side of game. Just texts and moving photos cant be nice.

Best Pokemon game is that game and our coders are best coders. This game will be start of new Pokemon series; we will name it Freemon and all Pokemon fans will move to Freemon series.